Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #31
FTRXR8

Default Re: Good Ford dealer in Melbourne?

+1 Strapp at Donny for purchasing - no nonsense approach to sales, can't comment on servicing as they are simply too far away, after sales service is average. friends who use them for servicing say they are ok.

+1 for Essendon Ford for servicing and warranty issues, everything on par, though if loan cars are required - Book well in advance, service department is great, thorough and their reporting is great, documented and advisements without the crap.
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2014, 04:04 AM   #32
Mainforcepatrol

Thumbs down Re: Good Ford dealer in Melbourne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT014 View Post
Avoid westpoint, our previous car last year was serviced there twice and both times they damaged it, first time they fixed it second time we couldn't prove they scratched it (even though we know it was them)

I'm trying deer park ford next month, will see how they go
Stay clear of them,i had a 15,000 km service and a few minor warranty items that need attention.I delivered the car at 8am and came to pick it up at 5pm and it still was not ready.I was told the usual bull we had no time to finish all your warranty items and others we couldnt fault.Charged me over $300 for an oil change and they didnt even use the recommended oil for fg xr8,s at 15,000kms which is the castrol edge 0/40 they use the one size fits all gtx3 15/30 and to top it off i was charged for a wheel rotation and i had a look at the wheels close up and as many would know certain wheels have scratches that only the owner would know about and the wheels were in the same position and they can blatantly look you in the eye and say we rotated your tyres.
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #33
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
Stay clear of them,i had a 15,000 km service and a few minor warranty items that need attention.I delivered the car at 8am and came to pick it up at 5pm and it still was not ready.I was told the usual bull we had no time to finish all your warranty items and others we couldnt fault.Charged me over $300 for an oil change and they didnt even use the recommended oil for fg xr8,s at 15,000kms which is the castrol edge 0/40 they use the one size fits all gtx3 15/30 and to top it off i was charged for a wheel rotation and i had a look at the wheels close up and as many would know certain wheels have scratches that only the owner would know about and the wheels were in the same position and they can blatantly look you in the eye and say we rotated your tyres.
As in deer park?

Hmm, think I'll try essendon ford if that's the case as only 25 min away
Old 07-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #34
SmokinXR50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP View Post
Strapp Ford in Doncaster is good
I will second that!!!!

If it is servicing you are after ask for Peter (sorry I forget his surname) in their Servicing Department. He looks after both of our cars, is very honest and provides excellent service.

Cheers,

Chris
SmokinXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #35
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainforcepatrol View Post
I can see where you are coming from with one oil do all but to be honest I'd imagine all dealers would do that practice, even a lot of mechanical businesses have this approach.
Any unauthorized work done car I would not pay, that is why you read the service schedule & sign before they commence.

Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #36
Mainforcepatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
I can see where you are coming from with one oil do all but to be honest I'd imagine all dealers would do that practice, even a lot of mechanical businesses have this approach.
Any unauthorized work done car I would not pay, that is why you read the service schedule & sign before they commence.

Cheers.
I actully spoke to the reception desk a few days prior in regards to the oil fill as per manufactures speck for my particular vehicle and was told they use the correct oil and when i left he car in he morning.

In regards to unauthorised work i did not even ask the rotation to be performed i only read it on the invoice for the work performed and i knew the wheels were not even rotated.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Bayford Epping have looked after me for the last 3 new Fords (Ranger and 2 XRs)
Westpoint really must be bad when the turkey's at Bayford Epping are good....mind you Coburg is worse.

Sterling Ford is still the best in the Northern burbs, pitty they are a small dealer as I would love them to have more stock.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Westpoint really must be bad when the turkey's at Bayford Epping are good....mind you Coburg is worse.

Sterling Ford is still the best in the Northern burbs, pitty they are a small dealer as I would love them to have more stock.
As Ford dealers go (and compared to other makes, Ford dealers are part of the problem for the brand) Epping have been OK. One handbrake adjustment that was worse than when it went in was the only thing ever needing rectification.

Probably have had 25 services done there. Should also add that I am not that fussy with servicing and do not "love" any cars. As long as the service is done on time, they do what they have been asked and no more without authorisation and the car is not covered in crap and scratched, I'm happy.

Westpoint should be out of business IMO.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #39
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

For what it's worth, all dealerships have horror stories. What my old age has shown me is how the dealerships handle the problems that determine their success.

On a personal level we have used, Binks, Westpoint, City Ford and Bayford all have made mistakes and a few have lied to my wife on work that needed to be done. It was easier for me to find a local mechanic that I trust, when they make a mistake, they say sorry "bring it back and we'll fix it". I don't hassle them on the bill, and they don't dismiss me when I have a complaint. That's all I ask and expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #40
Oldbugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post

Sorry Daniel I disagree. My son had numerous visits to Sterling re warranty issues with his BF2 XT which they sold to him and Bayford Epping corrected the issues with one visit. It was 2 years ago so they may have changed. The GT and Territory have been serviced by Bayford Epping for the past 3 years with no issues.
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #41
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbugger View Post
Sorry Daniel I disagree. My son had numerous visits to Sterling re warranty issues with his BF2 XT which they sold to him and Bayford Epping corrected the issues with one visit. It was 2 years ago so they may have changed. The GT and Territory have been serviced by Bayford Epping for the past 3 years with no issues.
Ive been dealing with both Bayford and Sterling for years. Coburg is completely useless. With Epping they had a good run for 3 months then the bloke that was there left (this was a couple of years ago) and then they went back to their ordinary ways. Their fine to use but I found sterling much better to deal with and they got the job done. At the end of the day Epping is more convenient to me but if I need people I can trust (well to an extent) Sterling was better. Funny enough when I had trouble with my gas system on my old BA (aftermarket) I needed it to go to a Ford dealer and Sterling was the only one they said to send it to because they would do the job.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #42
coach15
Territory Diesel TS AWD

What do people think of Courtney and Patterson in Heidelberg
Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #43
Itsme
Experienced Member

I dealt with them many many years ago & they had a good reputation, I'd give them a try if I was close to them.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #44
Bigredbf

I think I Need to take my car in to the dealer to use there ids scanners to re calibrate and fault find issues with my climate control trust me I can’t stand the thought of taking it in as they can are clueless and will prob cost me a fortune with no outcome. As bad of a run I’ve had with binks and said I’ll never take my car into ford again, I think I’ll be taking it there and wish me luck guys! I
Bigredbf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2020, 06:50 AM   #45
BomberXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigredbf View Post
I think I Need to take my car in to the dealer to use there ids scanners to re calibrate and fault find issues with my climate control trust me I can’t stand the thought of taking it in as they can are clueless and will prob cost me a fortune with no outcome. As bad of a run I’ve had with binks and said I’ll never take my car into ford again, I think I’ll be taking it there and wish me luck guys! I
I agree BigRed.. I bought my XR50th turbo ute from Binks Deer Park in 2010. I had nothing but grief from their service department over the next few years. I will never use Binks again for servicing, so many issues and very poor customer service. But hey they might have improved. Just my two cents worth.
BomberXR is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #46
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I could jump in please....How does anyone here rate Brighton Ford and Jefferson Ford?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #47
Mainforcepatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberXR View Post
I agree BigRed.. I bought my XR50th turbo ute from Binks Deer Park in 2010. I had nothing but grief from their service department over the next few years. I will never use Binks again for servicing, so many issues and very poor customer service. But hey they might have improved. Just my two cents worth.
Bomber i will add to that for anyone thinking of going to Binks in Deer Park,avoid having your vehicle molested by their service dept.Most recently my lease vehicle was due for its service and i needed to find a local dealer quickly and went to this lot.As part of a scheduled service a number of items that worked perfectly fine prior to it going in i then noticed a few things not working as they should and i then contacted the so called service advisor asking what the hell did they do to my car and he could not be bothered with a reply.I supplied my own oil and prior to it it going into the shop he then had an opinion stating its not the correct oil to which i replied that your dealership one size fits all oil is the correct spec.

Last edited by Mainforcepatrol; 17-01-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 17-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #48
Bigredbf

What I’m interested to know are there any good machanics that work at ford? I’m not a machanic but I wonder why all good machanics wouldn’t work there? **** pay? I would think there would have some good perks and possibly cruzie. I had a friend that works for a mercadies dealer in the city and came across after his apperentiship from a small machanic work shop. I spoke to him when he made the move and said he was worried about the move as he thought it would have been full of pros but when I moved it was clear that not many people had a clue and would Evan prove the engineers wrong, his been there a long time a valued respected worker now in a high position. Ford need some of these machanics!!!
Bigredbf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #49
Noob
Starter Motor

Has anyone had any experience with more "enthusiast-friendly" dealership service centres? My Sprint's up for another service, and I'm considering taking it to a different dealership this time. I haven't had any major issues with them, but it's often a bit of a song and dance when I say I want to see the car when it's on the hoist or watch while it's being worked on. I've heard the claim that it's due to OH&S but I get the feeling they'd just prefer you stay away and collect your car when it's done.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2021, 08:30 PM   #50
Noob
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Has anyone had any experience with more "enthusiast-friendly" dealership service centres? My Sprint's up for another service, and I'm considering taking it to a different dealership this time. I haven't had any major issues with them, but it's often a bit of a song and dance when I say I want to see the car when it's on the hoist or watch while it's being worked on. I've heard the claim that it's due to OH&S but I get the feeling they'd just prefer you stay away and collect your car when it's done.
Time for another service, so I thought I'd ask this again. The dealership I used to get it serviced at has now closed. Anyone have any recent experiences, good or bad?
Old 20-12-2021, 10:19 PM   #51
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Where area are you looking for
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #52
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Time for another service, so I thought I'd ask this again. The dealership I used to get it serviced at has now closed. Anyone have any recent experiences, good or bad?
Not a Ford dealer, and not someone I have personally used, but there seems to be a number of members on here who are very happy with their service (including one who drove all the way from Queensland to get his car sorted). And they are a site sponsor to boot.

See this link for their members portal.

Pit Lane Performance in Frankston.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #53
Noob
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Where area are you looking for
At the moment I'm pretty central so Western Ford and Brighton Ford are the closest, but in future the closest to me will be the dealerships in Bundoora or Heidelberg. That said, I'd go a little further out for good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Pit Lane Performance in Frankston.
Yeah i've seen them around and they seem top notch, but I'm not sure if i want to take it to a non Ford service centre, and while it's still under extended warranty (i *think* it still is).
Old 21-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #54
newi

Bluepower? Not a Ford dealer but they are awesome guys.

I don't own a Falcon anymore but I was taking my XR50T there and they were awesome.
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post