Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #61
smiley

"look at that sleeze gawking at me from that merc, he must have a lot of money...*walks over* hey sexy"

thats your answer
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #62
LilMissDrift

NOW THATS NOT CALLED FOR... NOT ALL CHICKS ARE GOLD DIGGERS.. AS ALL GUYS AREN'T SLEAZES..
I mean, most my male friends have nice cars.. Im talking Hot Commys, CRX's, EVo's Skylines, Supras, Typhoons, (You get the drift)... and the whole apparent reason Im friends with them is because of their cars... right?!! WRONG,.. its because the common interest.. in cars.. I mean I may have met them because of their cars.. but if they were jerks i would've discarded them by now!!
On many occasions Ive seen hot cars and gone OMG LOOK AT THAT (whether it be a XR6 Turbo, a SS Commodore, An Evo, or a Skyline) and walked over and started a conversation with them, gotten their numbers... Does that make me a gold digger!?
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #63
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVL40L
I've also noticed that BMW's aswell why is that? :
I want an M3 but decided agaisnt it purley for the fact that chicks think there wog car's.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #64
Steve
torque is your friend

If you're buying a car just to pick up girls in then you're as bad as they are because to you it's just a fashion accessary.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #65
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley
"look at that sleeze gawking at me from that merc, he must have a lot of money...*walks over* hey sexy"

thats your answer
Ahahaha wish i could afford a merc, well i wish they made a cheaper v8 version anyway.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #66
Steve
torque is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I want an M3 but decided agaisnt it purley for the fact that chicks think there wog car's.
Who cares? If you want one go for it. They're great cars.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #67
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Who cares? If you want one go for it. They're great cars.
ME....Iv'e lost my licence for quite some time and one of my closest friends is/will be driving me around and she hates them, the clutch in my blown xr8 is bit of a handfull for her. Seeing as iv'e lost it for so long there's no point keeping the xr8 anymore.

Iv'e started buying part's for a project car now so the M3 is out of the question atm, besides i don't know how insurance for an 18 yo girl would go.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #68
Steve
torque is your friend

Yeah, you'd said you'd lost your license. I didn't realise you'd be getting someone to drive you around. Makes sense. I suppose it'll give you more time to work on your project car. Is your XR8 the green one that was in Cooper St for a little while?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #69
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, you'd said you'd lost your license. I didn't realise you'd be getting someone to drive you around. Makes sense. I suppose it'll give you more time to work on your project car. Is your XR8 the green one that was in Cooper St for a little while?
Yea mate that's my one, will put it up forsale shortly. Keeping the wheels, brakes and interiour for my next car and will leave the rest on.

Yea i just though it's alot of money to put into a car i wasn't able to drive and one that she didn't like, although 2 of my mates have recently bought M3's one a o4 the other a o6 CSL and it really makes me think.

Awell atleast with the project car i can take it to the track and strip and still race it and not get in anymore trouble, plus it'll leave any M3 for dead and sound like a real car.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #70
Steve
torque is your friend

What are you building?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #71
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
NOW THATS NOT CALLED FOR... NOT ALL CHICKS ARE GOLD DIGGERS.. AS ALL GUYS AREN'T SLEAZES..
I mean, most my male friends have nice cars.. Im talking Hot Commys, CRX's, EVo's Skylines, Supras, Typhoons, (You get the drift)... and the whole apparent reason Im friends with them is because of their cars... right?!! WRONG,.. its because the common interest.. in cars.. I mean I may have met them because of their cars.. but if they were jerks i would've discarded them by now!!
On many occasions Ive seen hot cars and gone OMG LOOK AT THAT (whether it be a XR6 Turbo, a SS Commodore, An Evo, or a Skyline) and walked over and started a conversation with them, gotten their numbers... Does that make me a gold digger!?
wtf? Why yell for? I didn't say all girls were golddiggers, just pointing out an example of y 'some' women would like a guy in a merc or BMW. My g/f aint a gold digger....sheesh, its really hard to keep me from saying..... that...time...of...... zip

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #72
LilMissDrift

LOL... i didnt mean to yell.. Lol im sick of being labelled as a gold digger over the cars my exes drive... or male mates as such.. i just honestly enjoy having their company.. and its not a money issue...
I can understand how it comes across like that though!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #73
smiley

nah, thats cool, didn't know it was a personal thing, but believe me, I don't think all of em are gold-diggers.

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 12-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #74
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

So now its wrong to like money?

:

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #75
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
yeh ive often been with my mrs and a little ricer may drive past eg supra,200sx, evo etc. and she goes all crazy about them. what she doesnt realise is most of them are nothing special and a big v8 like a gt or clubby is worth way more and are more powerful. she says that the cars i like are just family cars but i say if i wanted a family car id just drive a camary. what do you all think? have yous ever been with girls and they drool over those little imports with no space and tiny engines? in saying that though alot of gals love the gt and so does the mrs but she still calls it a family car. yeh it holds 5 people comfortable and has heaps of boot space but it still offends me if someone called it a family car. its more then a family car. its a performance sedan. what does everyone else think? is it just a cool family car and why do girls love the imports so much? cheers
my spin on it is they are boy racer type cars (percieved that way ) its funny the holden and ford guys call the jap cars ricers, my brother is in the supra club..... they refer to holdens and fords as super taxis.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #76
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

It is going to come down to attraction and personality eventually...

Money *might* get you sex, but it isn't going to net you a life partner...

Me, my partner is 15 years older than me and earns about $70k a year more than me (just lost my mechanics apprenticeship coz the business closed).

My 2 cents.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #77
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

to me, rice = all show no go.

Simple.

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #78
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
What are you building?
A street car .
Old 12-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #79
Kobayashi

most turbo ricers will kill any old aussie muscle car in a race, but for me, you cant beat the sound of an old aussie V8 firing up. For me, its about style, and personality of a car.

My girl is 22, and didnt really care about cars before she met me, now she loves driving my car, and loves the idea of me getting a coupe next year, she loves the way they look.

That, and being 6'7, i dont generally fit in most of the ricers! I love the room in my XC for my legs
Old 12-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #80
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi
most turbo ricers will kill any old aussie muscle car in a race, but for me, you cant beat the sound of an old aussie V8 firing up. For me, its about style, and personality of a car.

That, and being 6'7, i dont generally fit in most of the ricers! I love the room in my XC for my legs
Thats a joke right.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #81
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
your 17 and you have mates that own typhoons? how old are they?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #82
Boss 290

yeh as i was saying. i dont really mind how girls like old ricers but i cant understand them not liking xr's, ss' fpv' and hsv's that are usually twices as much. have bigger balls and imo look meaner. i like gt's because they look and sound tough. but it feels like a put down to have it being called a family car. i say its a performance sedan. it uses a n/a v8 engine. ricers use litle 2 litre engines with half the power and size. smaller brakes and sound crap. in saying that though there are a few ricers i wouldnt mind owning. wrx sti, evo9 and a 200sx. those cars look good and have the performance to match. i guess my only beef is that all falcons are refered to as family car. what about the old coupe falcons? why would you need a big v8 in a family car? what if a sedan has a v10? is it a family car? btw im relaxed and my gf loves the car but i dont think it is a family car. it just makes for a good one as well as a performance car. a n/a v8 has more performance then a 2 litre with a turbo...cheers
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #83
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
a n/a v8 has more performance then a 2 litre with a turbo...cheers
I think you should do some more reading up on these "ricers".

Your GF seems to know more than you do.

Big Sedan = family car.

FPV, HSV = sporty family car.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #84
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
your 17 and you have mates that own typhoons? how old are they?
Ba 2 phoons are around high 3ok now, not unrealistic for a 19+ yr old to own. I paid $52K for my MKII xr8 new when i was 19 so a seccond hand phoon isn't out of the question.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #85
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Ba 2 phoons are around high 3ok now, not unrealistic for a 19+ yr old to own. I paid $52K for my MKII xr8 new when i was 19 so a seccond hand phoon isn't out of the question.
its a possibility with hard work i guess but i still think you would be hard to come by a 19 year old with a typhoon. ba 2 phoon only that much? that would be a good deal.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #86
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
I think you should do some more reading up on these "ricers".

Your GF seems to know more than you do.

Big Sedan = family car.

FPV, HSV = sporty family car.
so basicaly any car with 4 doors or more is a family car? what about a hummer or a limo?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #87
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
its a possibility with hard work i guess but i still think you would be hard to come by a 19 year old with a typhoon. ba 2 phoon only that much? that would be a good deal.
Phoon was only introduced with the MKII range wasn't it.

Quite possible.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #88
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
so basicaly any car with 4 doors or more is a family car? what about a hummer or a limo?
Its like talking to a
Old 13-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #89
BlackLS

Why they like Jap? Style more than anything. A big car is not for everybody.

Old 13-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #90
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Its like talking to a
lol yeh i get that some times. but seriously a gt is a family car because it has four doors and 5 seats? if that is your defenition then what about a hummer? it has more then enough seats and can tackle all problems on the road comfortably. so is it a family car?
Closed Thread