Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up My old AU

Heres a few pics of the AU. My parents bought it new in december 2000 as a runout model.Its a 4.0L auto and it has the 16" alloys, rear spoiler, abs and tinted windows. Its regency red with the black interior and i've added just a few little things like clear indicators, XR steering wheel, different horn, removed badges. I've got an AWC series 2 tickford bodykit sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted to it as well, when i get that painted i'll have the grille, mirrors and side strips done body colour.. Its stock engine wise but it goes alright and we've never had problems with it so i doubt i'll do anything to it much, except maybe and exhaust system. I want to get a black leather shifter and some chrome door handles in the near future, and also lower it an inch or two. So there you have it, not much to look at for now but in a couple of months it should be looking real nice. I'm booking the bodykit in tomorrow so it should be on within a couple of weeks. All in all i'd say its not bad for a first car I love it!!
What do you guys think, does it have potential? :
p.s. sorry about the pic size..

:

Last edited by GlennBA; 13-06-2005 at 03:29 PM. Reason: title
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Don't tell my son, he'll want mine!!!
Colour looks in good cond.
What kind of exhust are you thinking of getting?

Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Glenn, its an AU, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!

Love the coour too!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking nice...

My suggestions, would be to fork out as soon as you can for the rare parts... As parts' prices are only going to go up and become NLA.

And sometimes it's the little things that can make all the difference. A little bit of chrome on the inside. A leather handle, makes looking at it, and driving so much better.

It will look much nicer when lowered, and when you get some spare cash you might wanna fill those guards with some bigger rims.

Looks nice and clean. Any sound system upgrades?
Old 13-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #5
70AST
Starter Motor

yep, get modding, beautifal color
70AST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
Don't tell my son, he'll want mine!!!
Colour looks in good cond.
What kind of exhust are you thinking of getting?

Uncle_Ken
lol i'm not sure.. one that sounds good with twin tips :
i don't know much about the exhaust systems. I don't want one too noisy/droney, i like the stock exhaust dads xr6t has in that it sounds great when you plant it but its not too loud.

i love the colour also, it was the last 00' falcon they had in regency. Very very nice colour, i wish they made it on the XR's because it was my favourite EL XR colour.

Last edited by GlennBA; 13-06-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 13-06-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry its crappy quality but this is about how low i want it to be.

I wanna get some 18's for it late this year or early next year, i'll get it lowered first, that will make it look good enough for now. It sucks to be poor lol..
When i get 18's for it they'll be either the rebel/TL50 rims:

or the T3 5 spoke 18's, HP design 5 spokers in gunmetal, or the same as LG's (Love these rims LG )
Old 13-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG

Looks nice and clean. Any sound system upgrades?
thanks LG, yours is nice as too
I'd love to upgrade the sound but i think i'll lower it and do the exhaust first.
Old 13-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
thanks LG, yours is nice as too
I'd love to upgrade the sound but i think i'll lower it and do the exhaust first.
Getting a decent exhaust is the BEST sound system upgrade anyhow :

I often turn off the stereo and just soak up the engine and intake sounds. Love it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well said Casper.
You can always upgrade the sound system if and when you blow the stock speakers.
Uncle_Ken
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Good choice.

The stock ride height is terrible.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Good choice.

The stock ride height is terrible.
lol thanks..
does anyone know how much it'd cost to get it sitting this low?

i think with the tickford series 2 kit and lowered suspension it should be looking very nice.
Old 13-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

lookin nice mate im lookin for a set of the T3 5 spokes aswell they are an awesome rim
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #14
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffEDXR
lookin nice mate im lookin for a set of the T3 5 spokes aswell they are an awesome rim
phwoar that will look sweet!

i just did a dodgy chop of mine with the rebels, i think it looks great! although almost anything is great compared to 16" rave :(
Old 13-06-2005, 07:00 PM   #15
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
phwoar that will look sweet!

i just did a dodgy chop of mine with the rebels, i think it looks great! although almost anything is great compared to 16" rave :(
I think the wheels are really nice, I had a set on a boat trailer about twenty years ago. I also think this guy : is a skin head, but my sense of perception could be all on the p1ss due to too many :baby bott .
Now, where is that little minx from the Beer Googles post in the Bar?
Nice Ride Glenn, the paint looks prime, and it is a great colour. One of the strongest colours available!
Don't rush to break yourself with mods, one at a time, and enjoy them all!

Cheers,
Mike
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #16
T-rent
T-Rent-AU2

Great looking car! That gold AU with the rebels looks awsome in that pic, makes me want rebels too...

Im 18 and my AU2 is my first car aswell (I dont count me hideous VN). My tickford snorkle is in the mail along with a giant ford flag for the back seat (cover) and some tickford badges.

Will let you know how the snorkle goes. Also how did you debadge your car? Someone did it for me (argg) and now it has a gluey residue underneath... did you have the same?

P-plater
T-rent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #17
Ray
FORD POWER!!

Nice looking car mate! My old man has an AU1 in the same color as that... Looks great out in direct sunlight

Stick A nice set of 17's on it, and the bodykit and it'll be sweet as!

Soon to come - XR rear wing, cat back exhaust - maybe a body Kit or a lowering job
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #18
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rent
Great looking car! That gold AU with the rebels looks awsome in that pic, makes me want rebels too...

Im 18 and my AU2 is my first car aswell (I dont count me hideous VN). My tickford snorkle is in the mail along with a giant ford flag for the back seat (cover) and some tickford badges.

Will let you know how the snorkle goes. Also how did you debadge your car? Someone did it for me (argg) and now it has a gluey residue underneath... did you have the same?
some ******* half snapped the forte badge off when it was in a carpark one day. you can't see in the pictures but theres a nice scratch where they did it, must of used a screwdriver or something.. grr.. I got the other half off with a key card, and got rid of the glue with some diluted metho. I'd use fishing line to get the badge off if i was to do it again. I got the intech ohc decals off just with my fingernails.
Old 13-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #19
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Nice looking car mate! My old man has an AU1 in the same color as that... Looks great out in direct sunlight
yeah its a very nice colour, real classy i think. I love the look of it in the sun when its just been polished. Its a very weird colour but i think its probably my favourite ford colour, it changes from a pinkish maroon to a bright metallic red in some lights. Have you seen the nl fairlaine by tickford in this colour? also very very nice. I've never seen an au in this colour with a bodykit and some nice rims but i think this AU will be awesome when its all done.
:

an old pic of it after being polished in the sun one day.
Old 14-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #20
Julza
871 Productions Filmmaker

Nice AU you've got there Glenn, will look sweet once you get the bodykit and lowering sorted too! Have to say i haven't seen too many AUs in regency, but it does suit the car nicely.

Cheers,
Julza

http://www.youtube.com/871productions
Julza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #21
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Thumbs up

Mate, for your first car you have done very well :hihi:
Old 17-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #22
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice colur dude.

And I think the Rebels are the best choice of rim for your car ... looks sweet in the PhotoChop you did.

As Mike said ... just do things a little bit at a time .. the little interior stuff can be got fairly cheap ... and is easy to install ... I am stocking up on bits and pieces as well.

I am getting 17" Territory TX steelies with lower profile rubber for the ute (they have a nice concave dish in them) ... won't look over the top ... but will fit the big brakes later.

Keep up the good work ... you got a nice example of an AU there.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #23
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

AU's make good first cars. 18" 7 spoke Speedlines I hear you say? I can't speak highly enough of them.
Old 24-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #24
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Getting a decent exhaust is the BEST sound system upgrade anyhow :

I often turn off the stereo and just soak up the engine and intake sounds. Love it.
You got it bad Casper! LOL
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #25
xrgran

Nice first car there Glenn. Regency is fantastic, amazing the way it changes in the sun! And I love the shape of the AU's, they have a nice line to them, of course, i'm biased.
As said before, just do the little things as you can afford them but most of all enjoy your car, you have done well.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #26
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

test fitted the kit tonight, fits perfectly! Very happy with it, now it just needs paint and glue hahaha.
Old 15-07-2005, 08:47 PM   #27
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

looks good

except for the earthquake...
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #28
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe yeah sorry about that.. its my parkinsons acting up again lol! Nah its pretty hard to get night pics with that camera. Also please excuse the shoe and the dog food container holding up the side skirt, i had to innovate because i couldn't find masking tape lol!
Old 17-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #29
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

clearer pics: