Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #61
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Delivers Outstanding Value with FG Falcon MkII

Road Warrior .. I want one with a Flux Capacitor and a Brock Polariser !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #62
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Very good price revisions, giving Fords dealers a real chance to compete and bring in some sales.

Falcon ute range is fantastic value, sadly the workhorse versions will still struggle to sell against 2x4 ranger even though i'd rather drive a falcon 99.9% of the time.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #63
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I agree and am getting annoyed with the constant whinging and moaning about how the FG doesnt have triple automatic xenon sunroof capacitors with adaptive sensorised gigapixel arrays to keep the muppets happy who 1) probably wouldnt buy one even if it had all that crap anyway and 2) should be concentrating on driving instead of farting around with all their gadgetry ****.
Exactly what I was thinking, I just didn't word it like that.

I would prefer Ford to get rid of all these little fancy gadgets and lower the price.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #64
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCo
Wow an XR6 Turbo Ute for under $40k fantastic buying there!
If this were 14mths ago i might have ended up in one, great buying there.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #65
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
from the new 8.0-inch colour touch screen with integrated audio, phone and navigation functions
I can see this as a popular fit/upgrade for FG series one owners.
Lets hope we see a boost in sales with the extra goodies makes it a more attractive package..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Should have jumped on the anniversary models under $40k with $8k of extra goodies for free.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #66
bmorris

Great decision, glad to see this happening. Hope its not to late though, there has been a lot said about the RRP of Falcon's lately, as seen with the 'real world' price many people have noticed in dealerships.

Hopefully these prices will make people take a closer look at the product which will lead to more cars rolling out the door.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I just have to laugh at the clowns who thought Ford was going to jack up the price of the XT by over $7000 in the other thread. Hang your heads in shame.

Just waiting for the people to whinge that even though Ford have added a lot more standard equipment and lowered the prices, its still not good enough.

Seeing these price cuts makes me believe the rumours of future overtime may be true.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #68
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Any idea what extra standard features a FGII XR6T & XR6T Ute will feature over the MK1 model?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #69
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Lets hope we see a boost in sales with the extra goodies makes it a more attractive package..

Should have jumped on the anniversary models under $40k with $8k of extra goodies for free.
Yeah i know, but i love what i have now.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #70
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Any idea what extra standard features a FGII XR6T & XR6T Ute will feature over the MK1 model?

FGII XR6T sedan gets curtain bags, colour screen, rear parking sensors.

Ute gets 18's, colour screen & sports bar standard.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #71
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Colour screen like the current on or the touch screen?

Good stuff either way, guess that means the GS/GS Ute will come std with it too when FPV does its reveal.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #72
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
XR6 Turbo ute for work, XR5 Turbo for play

Go on, do eeet

Quote:
It would depend a lot on the ECU and harness changes that have been made between the two models as it appears the FGII has adopted the new system from the SZ Territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I just have to laugh at the clowns who thought Ford was going to jack up the price of the XT by over $7000 in the other thread. Hang your heads in shame.

Just waiting for the people to whinge that even though Ford have added a lot more standard equipment and lowered the prices, its still not good enough.

Seeing these price cuts makes me believe the rumours of future overtime may be true.
I lol'ed.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #73
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Colour screen like the current on or the touch screen?

Good stuff either way, guess that means the GS/GS Ute will come std with it too when FPV does its reveal.
Yes colour touch screen.

yes GS gets the new screen and the new XR front bar... Its gonna be the pick of the FPV's for a while as far as freshness goes!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #74
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Yes colour touch screen.

yes GS gets the new screen and the new XR front bar... Its gonna be the pick of the FPV's for a while as far as freshness goes!
Thanks for the info mate.

Makes me really reconsider putting money into my XR8 at those prices, a few things to ponder for the next few months..

Now to work on the Boss for a FGII XL with LPI
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #75
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Yes colour touch screen.

Also the interior will look a lot nicer with the color touch screen...not the povo monochrome one.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #76
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Any word when I4 starts production?? Have you seen/ driven a final version one yet??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #77
69Mach1

Good to hear the Ford marketers are now thinking about where and how to pitch the Falcon against rivals both in equipment and price. It will be interesting to see how they go about promoting it to the buying public rather then rely on fleets and diehard fans. Time and monthly sales figures will tell....
69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #78
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Any word when I4 starts production?? Have you seen/ driven a final version one yet??
I have not seen or driven one. I probably have seen one but you couldn't tell from the outside so you couldn't know for sure.

Production due to start in January, from what they have said.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #79
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have not seen or driven one. I probably have seen one but you couldn't tell from the outside so you couldn't know for sure.

Production due to start in January, from what they have said.
Glad to hear I4 should start in Jan.. Should make for a late Feb, early March full on release... Glad it hasn't blow out too much. Thought something might be have been wrong with ford's official line "Ecoboost to start early 2012" as apposed to getting us a month. Dont think Ford could afford to turn early 2012 to mid 2012 with this model.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #80
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Thumbs up Re: Ford Delivers Outstanding Value with FG Falcon MkII

Some great news!
The XR6T ute is excellent value

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #81
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
from the new 8.0-inch colour touch screen with integrated audio, phone and navigation functions

Quote:
Heck at this stage of Falcons life, Ford might as well throw a few of these new touch screen units out to dealers and make it a factory backed upgrade for FG series 1 owners if it is possible to do it.

Bit of spare coin for Ford and the dealers and not likely to worry anyone seriously looking at upgrading to the series 2.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #82
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1
Good to hear the Ford marketers are now thinking about where and how to pitch the Falcon against rivals both in equipment and price. It will be interesting to see how they go about promoting it to the buying public rather then rely on fleets and diehard fans. Time and monthly sales figures will tell....
From what Sinead, Fords PR hack said in the link below, they aren't looking at growing market share, so much as retaining what they currently have. Read between the lines and indeed what she says and they aren't expecting huge bumps in numbers for LPG or the four cylinder Falcon either. Looks like internal surveying wasn't painting a bright picture, so the strategy has shifted to holding the line and keep some market share, in a market that has basically moved away and on from Falcon.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2579410002DB2A
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #83
meatbag

Bloody good outcome!

I was borderline about to jump into an SS but couldn't bear to do so for a lack of grunt. If FPV come out with similar price reductions I should be driving my GS in no time!
meatbag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #84
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCo
Wow an XR6 Turbo Ute for under $40k fantastic buying there!
Quote:
There are still some new 2011 FG 1 turbo utes around for under 35k, drive away !!

Anyway.... Good luck to Ford with sales of the Mk 2. I expect that they need
to increase sales of the Falcon generally for it to remain a viable product for them.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #85
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
, in a market that has basically moved away and on from Falcon.
the difference in sales between commodore and falcon each month is remarkably consistent so its probably more accurate to say the market has moved on from large cars!!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #86
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
the difference in sales between commodore and falcon each month is remarkably consistent so its probably more accurate to say the market has moved on from large cars!!
Bingo...

Its not hard to see why.. There are so many good cars around, when you look back 20 years small cars weren't that good for openroad, and SUV's didn't exist.. Sadly big sedans are yesturdays heros, its now all about fuel efficence / practical vehicles that can do a whole range of things, that sedans just cannot do / or do economically.

I still love big sedans, I grew up with them nearly everyone in our family had a Falcon / Commodore, now everyones moved away :(
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #87
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Good news these price cuts for customers...maybe not so much for ford's profit per car. BUT, then again, the true prices they were selling at from dealers was probably lower again than what is advertised so if you take into account ford's discounts to dealers for the car to start with they were obviously still making money on the car then anyway.

I think Sinead's comments are more to do with FOrd holding the line 'with the current lineup'. The additional cost for EcoLpi has not been changed and its still unknown what the 'premium' will be for the ecoboost (these prices all but confirm it won't be the same price or less....). Fleets may start picking up more EcoLPi next year after the customary end of year slowdown but in terms of profit its ecoboost ford is banking on it seems. Whether its smart engineering is irrelevant...people want the impression of having low fuel burn so a 4pot with low advertised ADR consumption but (if you believe recent rumours) very strong performance only slightly worse than the I6 anyway is the way to go. I think the engine will work well in the real world but from a marketers point of view its almost irrelevant. If they put a $2000 premium on each model for ecoboost they will easilly get that in the first few months when put on top of these very low prices announced. That is where the real profit will come from.

These new prices are just for fleet hacks and old timers/faithful who still want the straight up and down I6 petrol (and work ute buyers i suppose). The real private buyer cash will be in Ecoboost FGII next year...i expect all the ads to be about that engine/model combo and even if all theyh do is get to 2000 sales a month consistently the profit margin will be very healthy indeed with the aussie dollar still relatively strong against the greenback RE importation cost of the I4T. After all, engineering wise FGII I6petrol has cost them diddly really...new front end and everything else either territory carry over or prexisting cascade down from higher models. If they ecoboost does have success next year this isn't the worst strategy in the book....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #88
69Mach1

I read the comments by Sinead and I reckon she (& FA) are playing it a little too conservative.

These new prices are competitive, equipment levels are good and there are some excellent new products with EcoLpi (out now) and EcoBoost (2012). Many readers on this forum are excited about FGII and its great to see. I just cant help but think Ford are playing it down too much...I'd like to see them get a bit more excited about it and spruik a little rather than use lines like....

"the additional features in the FG II series will help maintain sales in the large-car segment and “bring it into line with what most people expect” from the Falcon".

&

“We see this as a way of keeping customers who might have been tempted to go somewhere else,”

I dunno, I just think a bit of excitement breeds excitement...... and vice versa.
69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #89
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford seem to advertise the Focus and fiesta more then the Falcon...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #90
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Ford seem to advertise the Focus and fiesta more then the Falcon...
Well, those two segments are one of the most cut-throat segments to compete in...so they've got to keep their presence in the game.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post