Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #31
Nova 8

Default Re: How "smart" do you have to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post

just clueless
Ditto.

I feel sorry for gen z as the baby bombers step out of parliament and gen x takes full control.

Just a fyi I am either gen x or y depending on what information source you use to define the generations.
Old 19-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #32
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
Ditto.

I feel sorry for gen z as the baby bombers step out of parliament and gen x takes full control.
Oh boo hoo, cry me a river.
Get your mummy to make you nice mug of warm Milo.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #33
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Is the generation bashing really necessary? What does it even have to do with the topic?
Making a blanket statement for each generation is not a sign of intelligence at all.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #34
Nova 8

Final statement from op started with "Is it me or is the world breeding more stupid people now than it used to" and continued on the same theme. So yes, discussing the effect of generational changes is completely on topic.

Each generation is blanketed with certain stereotypes, these generation classes are made up by intelligent people and statistically most of that generation falls into certain fields. I personally don't really identify as either X or Y, but do understand that my age bracket generally gets labelled at both the MTV and the boomerang generation and can see those effects in my social circle.
Old 19-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #35
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
If only I could, she would just laugh me out the door.
Old 19-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #36
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
If only I could, she would just laugh me out the door.

Clearly neither of your mothers taught you about playing nicely with the other children... or taking the high road....thanks for ruining the thread with your puerile commentary.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #37
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Um.... wow.....just, wow.

I figured there would be the neigh sayers and the odd argumentative response to my late night idle musings but this thread is turning into a pseudo intellectual bun fight. My follow up post, I thought, might clarify and give direction to my ramblings in that I think it's more about lazy thinkers being sheep and not engaging their brain rather than the relative intelligence or smarts or logic and common sense of anyone, let alone the various generations. Similarly it had absolutely nothing to do with the internet or cameras or youtube or more exposure to stupidity because I don't trawl the net and look at all that stuff. It was purely about what I see and experience day to day.

I'll say it again,....just, wow.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #38
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen old people and young people who are hopeless for example pulling into the right lane because the left lane is doing 85kph and then not accelerating saw this yesterday by an old person also by P Platers. Have some young people who work for me who are brilliant some are stupid and have since found other avenues of employment
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #39
whishy

If anyone could compare a Nikki Minaj song/video of today to that of the Greats in the 70s/80s, one would say yes, we are getting "Stooopider".
whishy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #40
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reminds me of the scenario, true, where the USA government, back in 1959 was trying to put together a plan to get up to speed, as the Russians had beat them into space.
President Eisenhower (yup, the supreme commander of Allied Forces in the WWII), in a meeting with his top advisors, was questioning whether the USA's intelligence level was less than the USSR's, why don't we have the brains.
When told, the average intelligence in the USA is IQ 100, he questioned why was it so low. His advisors where at a loss.
Point being, 100 is average IQ - anywhere.
For me, IQ means nothing. Application of what you've got is everything.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #41
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Reminds me of the scenario, true, where the USA government, back in 1959 was trying to put together a plan to get up to speed, as the Russians had beat them into space.
President Eisenhower (yup, the supreme commander of Allied Forces in the WWII), in a meeting with his top advisors, was questioning whether the USA's intelligence level was less than the USSR's, why don't we have the brains.
When told, the average intelligence in the USA is IQ 100, he questioned why was it so low. His advisors where at a loss.
Point being, 100 is average IQ - anywhere.
For me, IQ means nothing. Application of what you've got is everything.
Hence why they Won the space race. Thats what it was all about, the first nation to plant their flag on the moon. Just need a good motivator aka Kennedy.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #42
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Hence why they Won the space race. Thats what it was all about, the first nation to plant their flag on the moon. Just need a good motivator aka Kennedy.
The USA own the rights to the moon, that's what it was about. staking your claim.

If it was not for WW2 the Germans would of got there first, well if it was not for the Jewish German know how we still would not of got there yet, maybe just maybe.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #43
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I can't hold my breath long enough to read all that in one gulp.
Not enough white space.....can't concentrate.

"A person is smart.

People are dumb." (JR)
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2014, 01:04 AM   #44
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

So I just had to look up what generation I am as I never really understood it or really cared. But am I the only one who sometimes wishes he lived back in the 50s/60s because it 'seemed' easier?

I do find it odd that generation X will shovel **** to generation y about how they act and probably the same will happen generation y will shovel **** to z. But Nova 8 said something I completely agree with, can the previous generation be 'blamed' for the upcoming one? After all you learn from your parents(previous generation) and I think being smart or 'intelligent' has become something of the past.

Hell I have a better chance running up to a midget in an ape costume, punching them and posting it on youtube and making money, than hitting the 100k + earning mark in this day and age.

In saying that though I find Justin Beiber and interesting example(feel free to bleep his name as I know it offends some people). Here is someone who if you watch his earlier career he was a sweet/shy boy, to now hes a complete and utter Dbag. So did Hollywood make him that way? Did the money go to his head? Or did his publicist go 'Hey Justin, act like a total asshat for a few months so we can get you free advertising on the news, internet and papers and make sure everyone knows you'.

Hell I've heard more about him since he became a dick than when he just made music(if you can call it that) and hes probably raking in more now too.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #45
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
The USA own the rights to the moon, that's what it was about. staking your claim.
l
I hope you're referring to bragging rights only and not some sort of ownership rights
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #46
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I hope you're referring to bragging rights only and not some sort of ownership rights
Both !
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #47
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there is a treaty that forbids actual ownership of the moon. like antartica.
nations have placed claims but not ownership.

that why there is more interest in orbital satalite bases.

Japanese space elevator by 2050.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post