Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #31
cortinagt

Default Re: "First World Problems" - Take time to smell the flowers?

I'm just thankful that my kids don't need to see people dying of Ebola in the street outside our front door.

Some people here need to be a little more 'glass is half full'
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #32
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Most do not care nor understand and then we have a new age Political Correct god we worship nowadays and it is this that governs all.

We have lost our true freedom of speech for a mongrel dog called PC and it's all down hill from there as it will destroy everything that our for fathers fought for. it's like we have a brat kid destroying his inheritance like a fool.

Many I know say that we are a very rich nation and then point to the 3rd world. I am not interested in hair brain points of views like that and it shows they have never ran a business because if they did it would be sure to fail with half wit comments like that.
That 'new age PC god' is only there because we allowed it to slither into the fabric of our society. Now, those who advocate for all manner of deviancy and abnormality have silenced the great majority. And somehow we let it happen...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #33
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I'd like to thank chaos and chance that I was born in Australia, and maybe the flying spaghetti monster, cheers mate.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #34
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortinagt View Post
I'm just thankful that my kids don't need to see people dying of Ebola in the street outside our front door.

Some people here need to be a little more 'glass is half full'

too right! and I reckon getting those missiles out of the water feature wouldn't be much fun either.

I'm afraid I'm an old tragic, my glass is not "half full" nor is it "half empty".....my glass is always overflowing, I always see the best in people until proved otherwise, I always expect the best in life until proved otherwise, I awake every morning with a song in my head and "great expectations" in my soul for what the day holds, can't wait to get amongst it.

"first world problems" mean nothing to me until I sort out how to bend my legs to get my trousers on and how to get my arms through the shirt sleeves, then the big one, THE SOCKS.

not much fun getting old and full of arthritis, i don't think much of the alternative either, so there you go, however when I see the little fellers who have spina bifida or cerebral palsy or downs syndrome then i don't feel too bad.

I volunteer regularly in a "special needs" learning facility...(my second family)....the kids I see and the things I see them doing, all with a smile, makes my "first world problems" seem very insignificant, every minute of every day is a struggle for some, we that are born "normal" have so much to be thankful for.

yellow, black, green or brindle, life, and the place we live is what we make it.

I was told a long time ago "we are here for only a short time, make the best of everyday".......too true I'm afraid.

"first world problem's" Pffft!!!! no such thing.......seize and embrace the day.......everyday.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post