Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #211
Lima

Default Re: Ford Delivers Outstanding Value with FG Falcon MkII

Just thought I'd jump on to say i got to sit in a new FG MkII XR6 last night. family friend works for ford and got one early. All i can say is wow, very clean, loving the new design. Will try and get some pics up over the weekend if anyone's interested
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #212
martyk54

Ordered my FG MKII XR6T Ute today. Silouhette, 3 piece lid w/sportsbar, Lux pack.

A week of playing games with dealers is exhausting though. Some of the garbage I've had to listen to is ridiculous.

Haven't been told when delivery will be... next year is likely I'd imagine. Will take plenty of pics.
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #213
HaLLiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima
Just thought I'd jump on to say i got to sit in a new FG MkII XR6 last night. family friend works for ford and got one early. All i can say is wow, very clean, loving the new design. Will try and get some pics up over the weekend if anyone's interested
pics are always welcome!
HaLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #214
bmorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/car...oples-choice_x

Members should vote on this website to get the falcon back up in the running. Even if you don't vote for the falcon or a ford, it will be good to have a say.
Old 19-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #215
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorris
http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/car...oples-choice_x

Members should vote on this website to get the falcon back up in the running. Even if you don't vote for the falcon or a ford, it will be good to have a say.
More meaningless drivel from that publication, getting a winner from the public, most of who have probably never seen, sat in, let alone driven any of the cars they are voting for, or against.

Congrats to Martyk54 who has ordered a MkII ute, I can imagine the lack of knowledge etc of the new models, including options available with associated prices. Went through the same thing myself when the 50th anniversary came out, I could easily tell the dealers and salespersons who had their act together and those that didnt. Perhaps Ford should focus more on educating salespersons on the new models before they come out, to make it a more slick and professional operation.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #216
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Note how there is 5 fords to vote for, to the one holden

2 of those fords are designed and built here, a further one was developed here.

The one and only holden is a global design, built here, but engineered and designed over seas.

'nuff said.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #217
theboxmike

Where is the commodore on that list? Why doesn't he write an article on how the commodore doesn't even rate (i cant see it)
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #218
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Note how there is 5 fords to vote for, to the one holden

2 of those fords are designed and built here, a further one was developed here.

The one and only holden is a global design, built here, but engineered and designed over seas.

'nuff said.
Theres 2 holdens (barina and cruze) both of which are daewoo's. I guess atleast one is assembled here. Which makes it a Holden....kinda. They mustn't be happy there's no Commodore to sing about. So slamming the falcon (while being only 4% behind the saviour of the free world dominating Holden) must be the next best thing.

Good to see the Fez and Tez kicking a$$

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #219
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This forum is obsessed with Holden.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #220
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
you'd just about be the ring leader in my book. quite an ironic statement for you to make.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #221
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
You have to respect your enemy in order to defeat them..
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #222
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
You have to respect your enemy in order to defeat them..
Maybe so but not spend every waking second trying to second guess Holden success,
the point is that Ford and their fans should be playing to existing vehicle strengths and not
navel gaze at perceived weaknesses and deficinecies like no Stationwagon or no XR8.

While it's good to see competition, it's not essential that Ford and Holden to compete directly,
it's catually better for both if they do slightly different thinks and capture different buyer groups..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #223
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a very quick drive of a FGII G6E last night and three big things I noticed, the larger screen doesn't look odd in the FG, the satnav craps all over the previous unit with so much added functionality/features plus I really thought the steering was noticebly lighter at low speeds compared to my G6ET which has the same size tyres/rims as the new FGII G6E. And Havana/Cashmere is a very nice combo.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #224
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Had a very quick drive of a FGII G6E last night and three big things I noticed, the larger screen doesn't look odd in the FG, the satnav craps all over the previous unit with so much added functionality/features plus I really thought the steering was noticebly lighter at low speeds compared to my G6ET which has the same size tyres/rims as the new FGII G6E. And Havana/Cashmere is a very nice combo.
Sounds good. Did you whip out the phone cam and take any pics?
martyk54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #225
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
Sounds good. Did you whip out the phone cam and take any pics?
Sorry no. This was the very last build before customer cars. From memory there's a slight change to the font style of the numbers for speedo and tacho, no "walking person" taking a seat on the ICC screen anymore. The Sat nav is customiseable for display info options (same as SZ Terry if anyones played with one). It probably had much closer features to some of the better portable units iirc. In fact I thought at the time if you could use your mobile to surf the net etc making an online search and interface the data with the ICC/satnav, say like I can on my Nokia E7 and Nokia Maps (Nokia's mobile phone GPS) it would be perfect. As I mentioned earlier the new lightness of the steering at low speed was very obvious after being in my 2008 G6ET. Not as good as the Terry's thanks to it's brilliant epas but better then my current car. The new front styling also I think makes the car look more modern over the earlier models. And has been the case lately with Ford's press shots FGII is better looking in the metal.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 29-11-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 29-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #226
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Sorry no. This was the very last build before customer cars. From memory there's a slight change to the font style of the numbers for speedo and tacho, no "walking person" taking a seat on the ICC screen anymore. The Sat nav is customiseable for display info options (same as SZ Terry if anyones played with one). It probably had much closer features to some of the better portable units iirc. In fact I thought at the time if you could use your mobile to surf the net etc making an online search and interface the data with the ICC/satnav, say like I can on my Nokia E7 and Nokia Maps (Nokia's mobile phone GPS) it would be perfect. As I mentioned earlier the new lightness of the steering at low speed was very obvious after being in my 2008 G6ET. Not as good as the Terry's thanks to it's brilliant epas but better then my current car. The new front styling also I think makes the car look more modern over the earlier models. And has been the case lately with Ford's press shots FGII is better looking in the metal.
I know its a trivial thing, but its a shame that someone at Ford decided to can the walking man animation on the display. I thought that was a nice touch when I first saw it.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #227
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
I know its a trivial thing, but its a shame that someone at Ford decided to can the walking man animation on the display. I thought that was a nice touch when I first saw it.
I agree, until we see actual customer/dealer stock builds then you never know. I can't remember if it's in SZ Terry's. And we need Ford to really pick up their act with press shots based on cgi's...they don't do the procduct any justice and some on this forum would easily achieve better results, lol.