Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
GraveDilute

Default AU Series 1 FORTE Dash Clock

Hi all,

Just registered the other day. Bought the missus a Series 1 AU Forte (ex-taxi) and she's quite happy with it except for one thing...
No Dash CLOCK!!!! :

Any ideas what I can do to fix this annoying problem? (Other annoying problem is dayglo yellow colour of car-but happens, eh)

The only place I could see where a clock would fit would be where the FORTE logo sits. Did Ford decide to scrooge that much on the base model by not including a clock? What does everyone else have? What aftermarket solutions/wrecker solutions do I have?

GraveDilute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

clock on ur radio?
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Shouldn't there be a clock above where the radio is located in the car?
Old 13-07-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveDilute
The only place I could see where a clock would fit would be where the FORTE logo sits. Did Ford decide to scrooge that much on the base model by not including a clock? What does everyone else have? What aftermarket solutions/wrecker solutions do I have?
AUI Forte's had no clock. You need to find a Dash Clock out of an AUI Futura or Classic.
Old 13-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

series 1 dont have much inside them at all ...

Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
GraveDilute

LOL
Don't suppose anyone's got a clock that they want to sell? I really don't want to stick on some cheapo clock onto the actual console.
The stereo has a clock, but being MP3 it's contantly scrolling info across the screen, so not much help there.
I guess that putting a clock in would mean me having to remove some part of the console though? Is the wiring there in the Forte for a clock?
Old 14-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #7
Kryton

the clock goes into the bit on the dash that says FORTE or falcon or whatever it is.
the clock cost about $40 from ford.
you will however need an auto elec to wire it up as i was getting one in my forte and ford said there is no loom for it since you should have the clock on the povo radio.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
BF MKII UTE

Its so funny, my missus complained aboutthe same bloody thing when i got mine, so i bought her a new watch for her birthday instead. kill 2 birds with one stone. :
BF MKII UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #9
GraveDilute

Thanks for the help guys,

I think that I'll have to buy an aftermarket clock from Jaycar or somewhere because I can't be f***ked mucking around with the console and getting an auto-elec in.

Hope that I'll be able to contribute more to the forum than just ask dumb questions in the future.

GO PORT!!!!