Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default Cluster Wiring (AU2)

Hay guys Iv busted my AU2 cluster by dropping it.

I want to buy an AU2 XR cluster or TE50 cluster but I don't know how to wire it in. I know there is a fordmods doco but it only applies to AU1's. Im wondering does anyone know how to wire one in? I really need to know other wise I will end up having to get a base model one again :(

Old 04-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Wiring Information Doco, for AUII/III, that compares both low-series and high-series clusters. So give that to an auto electrician and he should know what to do with it. And what wires to change. And if you already have an AUII or AUIII, these are the changes that you need to make:

Quote:
1. The Park Lamp Dial (+ Positive) Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 13 to Pin 2.
2. The Dial Negative Dimmer Illumination needs to be moved from Pin 21 to Pin 3.
3. The ABS Warning Lamp Wire needs to be moved from Pin 8 to Pin 23
4. The R.H. Side Indicator wire needs to be moved from Pin 19 to Pin 26
You may also possibly need to do add the following (not necessary though):
Quote:
1. Windscreen Washer Sensor
2. Oil Pressure Sender (instead of Switch)
PM me with your email.

Cheers
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Sweet I was thinking of getting the AU2 TE cluster but its $100 more and I don't know why.

I just looked at some pics of it and its blue which is cool but why the extra $?

Also LG you said in your other post that a mechanic made up a wiring loom for you but why? I mean if you just clip a few wires over to the other plug why need a loom?

Also going from a 220km to 240km dash should be fine? I mean the thing to control the speed would be in the cluster correct? I don't want it off but i doubt it works like that.

Last edited by Duffman; 04-07-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

http://www.izone.net.au/lis04748/Wir...eries%20II.doc
Wiring for AU2/3 dash if anyone needs it thanks to LG.

LG that quote is that from the formods one? If so I know thats only for AU1 dashes but are those the only changes that need to be made for au2 dash as well.

Also on the XR cluster when you open the doors on the au2/3 version does it show which door is open or just light up the hole lot to show a door is open somewhere? I know on AU1 XR clusters it only shows all doors open where on fairmont it shows which door is open. Not sure on au2 though.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Um, some other guy told me that, that was all that was needed to be changed. You can tell by looking at the Wiring Information, from that Word Document as to what changes need to be made.

AFAIK, XR Cluster, just has the one symbol to display for any door open. It doesn't show the specific door.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Yeah I looked at the doco but just handed it to my brother as ill leave him to wire it up.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Duffman,
Hope you didn't drop the cluster whilst watching the last State of Origin.
Uncle_Ken
P.S. GO the Blues!
P.S.S Thanks LG re the word doc. I would like to do the same as Duffman.
Uncle_Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 10-07-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #8
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Do the same? Don't worry dropping the cluster is the easy bit

Ill post up pics and any extra info when ford decide they will deliver the cluster.