Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #211
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I wouldn't mind betting that these sightings are on purpose to keep some people out of other brands. I mean this is to early for them to be seen normally. Ford is keen to keep people in a Falcon be it BF or hold out for orion but with such a long time with no hints. I'll bet they were looking at the people taking photos and going YOU IDIOTS think you have caught us but we are doing this on purpose. What better way than to keep peoples hard earned in there pockets until Orions launch, and if they dont want to wait than just buy the BF
Old 10-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #212
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
the bulges on the rear windscreen are ugly as sin.

the side skirts or what ever they are disgusting too.
I cant believe there are some people who think this camo'd car is how it will look!!

Jeebus...it's covered like that for a reason, we get the basic shape but not the finer details, hence why they have put silly looking plastic bits and covers on the areas they dont want us to recognise and define the shape to
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #213
mcnamg

dude didnt you get the memo? car bras and padding are all the rage now fords going to sell it exactly as you see it here. COOL huh!
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #214
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
the bulges on the rear windscreen are ugly as sin.

the side skirts or what ever they are disgusting too.
Someones been on the : :

Take a look through the thread mate, you'll see the HSV that was tested in the states was boxed up...CGI beats the pants off zebra stripes...this is the Automotive Industry's response
Old 10-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #215
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

Let me just say that ... this thread shows you just how well ford and holden have done their cam ... it definatly fools the idiots who refuse to realise that it is just that and that they should read and ask questions so that they may learn. I think that the edited pictures of the "orion" in vic (the white one) is well done and should hopefully give people a great idea. Other wise i am sure we will be surprised on how the ford looks in 08.... hope the base model is better than VE base model lol
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #216
FoMoKid

agreed, some people have their eyes painted on...

2008 LV FOCUS XR5 MOONDUST SILVER
FoMoKid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #217
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
I wouldn't mind betting that these sightings are on purpose to keep some people out of other brands.............
Tell me, what on earth (from those photos) makes anyone want to buy one?

The only interest in the spy shots is from enthusiasts from this brand and others wanting to see what it is going to look like.

If anyone thinks that is what it will look like (in camo) they would run a mile LOL. Hang on.... someone already has :
Fordoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #218
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I cant believe there are some people who think this camo'd car is how it will look!!

Jeebus...it's covered like that for a reason, we get the basic shape but not the finer details, hence why they have put silly looking plastic bits and covers on the areas they dont want us to recognise and define the shape to
well it is hard to determine the final product if its covered over with fake plasticky bits. frankly these pics are a bit pointless being posted on this forum if there isnt any real idea other than 'it looks like a similar shape to a falcon'. A hand sketch would show more.

I read the title expecting to see GOOD pics of the new falcon. So far ive seen garbage if its not what the title suggests.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic

Last edited by blueoval; 11-05-2007 at 12:38 PM.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #219
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
well it is hard to determine the final product if its covered over with fake plasticky bits. frankly these pics are a bit pointless being posted on this forum if there isnt any real idea other than 'it looks like a similar shape to a falcon'. A hand sketch would show more.

I read the title expecting to see GOOD pics of the new falcon. So far ive seen garbage if its not what the title suggests.
Ya just dont get it do ya... ;)
You Yangs Proving Ground is to us as Area 51 is to Alien and Conspiracy Buffs.
I love this kind of **** because it's giving us a glimpse of big things to come from Ford...Spy shots of the Next Falcon equate to Papparazi snap shots of Jennifer Anniston Sun Bathing topless in my Books hehe
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #220
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Spy shots of the Next Falcon equate to Papparazi snap shots of Jennifer Anniston Sun Bathing topless in my Books hehe
Or more correctly, Spy shots of Jennifer Anniston wearing a sumo suit...
Old 11-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #221
rodderz

Quote:

Well it is hard to determine the final product...thats the point you failed to get before. That's why the fake plasticy bits are on there, so you cant see what it will look like in detail.

What do you want Ford to do, go around australia in completely uncovered cars 12 months out from release just so you can see them, then whinge when it does come out that it's boring as you've seen it before? It's a key exercise for any company not to release shots of a new product for marketing reasons, so it wont look dated before release.

The guy who started this thread is only posting up pics for those who are interested in seeing covered up prototypes, if you think its garbage dont read it.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #222
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Well it is hard to determine the final product...thats the point you failed to get before. That's why the fake plasticy bits are on there, so you cant see what it will look like in detail.

What do you want Ford to do, go around australia in completely uncovered cars 12 months out from release just so you can see them, then whinge when it does come out that it's boring as you've seen it before? It's a key exercise for any company not to release shots of a new product for marketing reasons, so it wont look dated before release.

The guy who started this thread is only posting up pics for those who are interested in seeing covered up prototypes, if you think its garbage dont read it.
Hey all I did was comment on what I saw. Calm down

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #223
rodderz

Quote:
Hey all I did was comment on what I saw. Calm down
What makes you think I need calming down? :

I was only reporting on what I read in your posts, which seemed to me (and others) that you didnt realise why the camo was on the car and thought it was the final shape
Old 16-05-2007, 07:05 PM   #224
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

We can only comment and laugh at people's comments. ... when they comment on an obviously cam'd car as though its the final product all we can do is laugh at the ignorance they have shown.
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post