Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
vtr007
VTR007

Default first dinted mondeo in oz :(

yep.
Was goning down to the shops for a coffe with the girlfriend and where we park theres all shops along the path, car pulled out right next to where i was going for coffe so i pulled in and just as i undone the door to get out bang, the shop next door had stuff out on the sidewalk and it blew over straight onto the bonnet, couple of nice scratches and a didnt the size of your pinky finger.
The guy can out and goes its not scratched its just the wax off the wood then after a bit on convincing him he said he could see the dint, then he turns around to me and goes he will get his local detailer to buff the scratch out for $50 and told that i wont see the dint, thats when i almost lost i turned around and said ok so you going to fix the dint on my bonnet of your face and then he just shut up.
anyways insurance covered it at this expense and then went to the local council and complained about the stuff he has on the side walk and now he can have his stall thing there .
And the one thing that really ****ed me off is that ive been talking about getting a car bra and if i would of just got when i started talking about it, there wouldnt of been a scratch or dint.
ill post some pics up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1200458979-1IMG_1061.jpg (69.9 KB, 116 views)
vtr007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Turbodiesel
Torquer

That sucks man, especially on your nice brand new car. That would really me off, buffing won't remove the dint you may need to get some PDR done.
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
bearass
FG XR8

That sucks big time, I don't know how you kept your composure with him especially after hearing what he had to say. If it was me I probably would have jobbed the peanut. Make sure you get it repaired professionally and send the goose the bill. Good luck with it.

Post some pics after its done.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
monkeyboy666

Jeez mate, sorry to hear that. I just read your post after coming in from washing my car for the second time this week (its ok - I'm on tank water and its pouring with rain so I'm allowed! Just had to clean the brake dust off the alloys).

That really sucks - its one thing if you side swipe your wheelie bin or something - thats YOUR fault, but when you get damage because of someone elses stupidity or carelessness then that really p***es me off. It was only Saturday that I watched as some harpy in Woolies car park emptied her trolley of coke and chips and then let it roll back down the sloping carpark until it hit the front of another car - luckily a Nissan Patrol with bullbar - but thats not the point.

I know it won't make you feel any better, but theres always someone worse off... I worked with a young guy who came back from 6 months deployment overseas (he's a corporal in the RAAF). Pockets full of money and wanted to get a new car. The Focus XR5 had just been released and he wanted a black one. The only place that he could find one was in Adelaide (we're in western Sydney). He convinced the dealer to hold it for him - the dealer was apparently ex-navy so had a soft spot for a fellow serviceman.

He flew down to Adelaide and picked up the car, intending to drive it back to Sydney. He got 230km into the trip and hit a kangaroo, writing off the front and one side of the brand new Focus XR5. So HE was probably the first XR5 insurance claim!

Anyway mate, good luck with the repairs.
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
vtr007
VTR007

Thanks guys, just waiting for RACV to get back in touch as i went to the local panel beaters who specializes in european cars eg: BMW Merc, Audi and Porche so i think he would do the best job, told me the bonnet has to be taken off dint fixed and the whole bonnet re-sprayed so yeah.
This was the one reason i didnt want black but it was better than the blue which was all they had in stock.

Just another thing does anyone have any problems with water sitting of the hatchs boot and when you open the boot water gets in side the boot???

cheers
tim
Old 16-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch! I hope it'll get fixed soon and well.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A dint doctor normally fixes dints good without taking the paint off.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #8
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate it when other people open doors and bang shopping trollies into my cars. But when my little Focus was new and shiny I backed into a wheelbarrow and scraped a rear fender then a week later my wife opened the door of her car onto the other side not once but twice and left large dents.

All self inflicted this time and so far no-one else has caused any damage so far.

What can yoy do????
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr007
Thanks guys, just waiting for RACV to get back in touch as i went to the local panel beaters who specializes in european cars eg: BMW Merc, Audi and Porche so i think he would do the best job, told me the bonnet has to be taken off dint fixed and the whole bonnet re-sprayed so yeah.
This was the one reason i didnt want black but it was better than the blue which was all they had in stock.

Just another thing does anyone have any problems with water sitting of the hatchs boot and when you open the boot water gets in side the boot???

cheers
tim
Water runs into the boot all the time. Jut make sure and open it a little at first and then a lot when most of the water has gone down the channels. Bit of a drama, but not the biggest.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
vtr007
VTR007

still havnt heard anything back from RACV or the PB hopefully next week.
Thanks dusty.
Does anyone know where the oil filter is in the mondeo TDci??? had a look could not see it.

cheers
tim