Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Tezbo-BAXR8

Default Advice:- Where to take BA to fit 290

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a Boss 290 to replace my Boss 260 and after a bit of advice. I don't have a shed anymore, as I once did when I first bought the car 2 years ago when I was renting. Now the missus and I have bought a house further North of Perth, I'm reduced to a carport and if I'm going to have a 290 fitted, I'll need a reliable mechanic to either give me a hand or take on the job.

I have a large collection of tools, just need a workshop!

Tezbo-BAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: Advice:- Where to take BA to fit 290

Give Simon @ XFT a call. They're at Midvale, and i'm sure Simon and the crew over there will happily take on the job...

Also, when you drop the 290 in, ask them about getting a full tune done (if you don't have one, you'll have to buy an xCal flash tuner) to not only suit the 290 engine, but to gain a bit of power too...
Old 17-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

Default Re: Advice:- Where to take BA to fit 290

sorry for late reply to your question hopefully your plans are still on track for this to happen if you still looking to swap it out yourself and save some sort of coin then speak to roger at Mmates place in forestfield they have a fully stocked workshop with hoists and air tools and if they dont have the tools equipment you need roger will suss that out for you.

plus few of our members live around that area if you were to pop a question out on our FB page and forums im sure your ready workforce will be there and willing.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post