Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
Ben85

I cant compare the WS to the WQ, as i said i havent driven the WS, but from everything i have read, leans to the fact that comparatively they are both as fast as each other. I'm not denying that the WS has all the lastest mod cons, and you'd expect that, the WQ is 4yrs old, gotta be some improvements. But to say that the WS is not just slower but noticeably slower is probably an exageration, in my opinion. But again only going on what i have read on here, wheels magazine, etc.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #32
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfiesta
Yeah stereo has to be on for it to work. It doesnt charge the iPod while its in either, or turn it off when you switch engine off. Its a pain if you forget to turn off your iPod when you get out, only to come back with the battery dead.
As for sound, its like listening to it with your earphones in, cant fault it so far.
FYI - from the Ford manual

Quote:
2. Will the iPod® be charged via USB?
Yes, it will be charged when the radio is switched on. Charging is done as it would
be done via a PC's USB-Port. We recognized that some iPods® with a completely
empty battery are not chargeable via USB anymore.
3. Why does the iPod® not go to sleep when I switch off ignition?
There is still some activity in the car electronics (e.g. to control engine temperature). After up to 15 minutes the iPod® display will be switched off and it will go to sleep.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #33
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

Nah he asked about the base model, so i was talking about the CL, where it only gets the AUX not the USB.
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #34
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfiesta
Nah he asked about the base model, so i was talking about the CL, where it only gets the AUX not the USB.
My Ipod turns off automatically after a certain period of inactivity in our GTI - only has aux in

As for powering - the 12v is right there - easy to get a USB power adapter for it to charge the Ipod
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post