Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #16411
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
No, Private as well. Mine is through work cover and already approved.
I was told "You need help but you have to wait just in case others need help."
🙄

Oh Ok, here in Tassie they have 2 year waiting lists for elective surgery...and 4 hour minimum wait in emergency....100% of the time.

But if you are happy to pay $175 non claimable by anything you are seen straight way.

I needed a knee operation 2 months ago, surgeon says if I have top cover we can do it in a private hospital in 14 days...and we did. but i was 600 bucks out of pocket....money seems to open doors...just sayin'....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 06:28 AM   #16412
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I fail to understand the hysteria regarding the unvaccinated.

There seems to be a notion that the unvaccinated are responsible for spreading the virus. This may well be the case.

But it is also the case that the fully vaccinated are not protected from contracting the virus and indeed they can also pass it on.
the other problem is you could be sic for 18 days before symptoms arise,
tracing someone is a little late in that respect..
Old 26-10-2021, 06:36 AM   #16413
Trevor 57
is now there

Well you might not be hearing about Shepp on the news but it is all happening here, a bus driver infected kids from about 5 or 6 schools

My daughter got notified (yes same daughter) that her daughter (my grand-daughter) is a Tier 1 - some ****ing rattle-head crack-heads sent their kid to school with 'cold like symptoms', teacher did **** all about it, didn't send the kid home, not enforcing face masks (my grand-daughter wears one all the time at aschool) and 'nek minnit' . . . . . . . .

I think we are up in the hundreds of active cases
Old 26-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #16414
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...d-19/100561090
Old 26-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #16415
Trevor 57
is now there

I am having a HUGE LOL moment this morning, the media is going nuts over the Victorian Government proposal to move powers from the CHO to the Health Minister

umm, hey MSM look at NSW, they have been operating like this since the start of the pandemic

****ing idiot media
Old 26-10-2021, 09:17 AM   #16416
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
One of my sisters is a head ICU nurse @ a large Melbourne hospital and the stories she has told of the final hours of the unvaccinated is as reported. The pleading, the bargaining for their lives when it finally hits that they are dying. All too late.
Old 26-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #16417
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I am having a HUGE LOL moment this morning, the media is going nuts over the Victorian Government proposal to move powers from the CHO to the Health Minister

umm, hey MSM look at NSW, they have been operating like this since the start of the pandemic

****ing idiot media
The bit they seem to be going nuts over is the Victorian Premier being able to declare a Pandemic. Haven't been able to see if that is accurate, but I if it is I don't think that he or she would be qualified to declare a worldwide event.

I don't see a need to change the way emergency powers are accessed.

4 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #16418
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

****ing idiot media
Yes I mentioned this bill a couple of weeks ago. SOE was extended until mid December then this new bill will kick in. There will be greater transparency on health advice, with an independent body to scrutinise, BUT they won't have veto power. The thing that worries me the most is.....the sitting premier at the time can call the "pandemic", then the rules kick into place. That is outrageous IMHO. The determination of a pandemic should be called by a health body.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #16419
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I don’t see why it can’t be slated to the state Governor. The Premier or others can meet and recommend, but it is not binding.

To allow a change as proposed, takes Victoria closer to a situation where “health reasons” become simply an excuse to restrict people.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #16420
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I don’t see why it can’t be slated to the state Governor. The Premier or others can meet and recommend, but it is not binding.

To allow a change as proposed, takes Victoria closer to a situation where “health reasons” become simply an excuse to restrict people.
It'll bring us closer to NSW. Still just a proposal at this stage, and will need to pass parliament still, but they are making concessions to get the indies over.

As you said, it doesn't sound like its just for pandemics, it can be invoked for any public health "crisis".

So I'm thinking climate change.....sporadic stay at home orders or density limits to reduce emissions / pollution.

Where's my tin foil hat?

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

4 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #16421
Trevor 57
is now there

Is this happening already in NSW - if so, why are people (media) going nuts
Old 26-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #16422
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
It'll bring us closer to NSW. Still just a proposal at this stage, and will need to pass parliament still, but they are making concessions to get the indies over.

As you said, it doesn't sound like its just for pandemics, it can be invoked for any public health "crisis".

So I'm thinking climate change.....sporadic stay at home orders or density limits to reduce emissions / pollution.

Where's my tin foil hat?
Hello T3, mate these idiots running the state and commonwealth health system are treading water, none of them have a long plan, and their short plan about any decision making is thought upon the spot.

Think I need a tin foil hat too? Where do you buyem!....lol
Old 26-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #16423
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Is this happening already in NSW - if so, why are people (media) going nuts
Probably because NSW has shown itself to be less inclined to overuse these powers.

That still doesn't make it a good change though.

4 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 10:47 AM   #16424
Trevor 57
is now there

and as seen recently, make changes without the consent/approval/sanction of the CHO
Old 26-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #16425
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting data on stringency index across the world. Not sure how accurate it is. As at 25 Oct, notable countries that rank ABOVE (more strict) Australia includes.... Russia, India, United States?!, Israel, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Canada, Greece, China....with New Zealand topping them all at rank 6.

"The stringency index is a composite measure based on nine response indicators including school closures, workplace closures, and travel bans, rescaled to a value from 0 to 100 (100 = strictest). If policies vary at the subnational level, the index shows the response level of the strictest subregion."

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...ndex?tab=table

Rides (past and present)

Old 26-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #16426
slowsnake
Banned

Hey T3, do they work it out at all based on population per square kilometre, or per metre in some countries?
I mean regional New Zealand would be less populated than say Moscow, does that come into account!
Old 26-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #16427
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Hey T3, do they work it out at all based on population per square kilometre, or per metre in some countries?
I mean regional New Zealand would be less populated than say Moscow, does that come into account!
I have no idea. I don't think its based on population density. Its just a set of questions to determine what has been shut and what has been open, and freedom of movement. Doesn't care how populated you are. The index takes the strickest lock down region within a country, which is why I think NZ comes out right up the top.

Rides (past and present)

Old 26-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #16428
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how WA sits on that ranking
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
Old 26-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #16429
slowsnake
Banned

Had a conversation yesterday with 4 others present, I was the only one double vaxxed.
3 of the 4 work both full-time and 1 part-time, 1 is 29 yrs old, slight autism but drives a landcruiser and owns a 2012 Holden SS Thunder ute, so smart enough to get a car licence, excavator and truck licence, but not smart enough to understand that he needs a vaccination against covid!.....he is fit as a mallee bull, tae kwon do twice a week, black belt, but on a disability pension?

Another is 38 yrs old, is a driller out in the bush, asked me as did the others if they could be exempt from vaccination on religious grounds?...I don't know, does anyone here know of any exemptions on any grounds?

Another works full-time as a welder, boss told him no vaccination by December 1st, then no job?..this guy has an IQ 140 plus, but as you know IQ does not equal common sense, I was gobsmacked as to why?...why they dident want to be vaccinated as a matter of general future health, I explained that when WA opens its borders everyone not vaccinated cannot even go shopping in Woolworths or Coles or event he local chemist, I can't get through to them.

The last my mate Brooke, has all kinds on physical and mental health issues, she's 42 yrs old and works 3 daysa week as a dishwasher in a burger joint, her boss gave her and the other workers the same vaccination ultimatum, vaccinated or no job.

Now instead of getting the covid vax, and they have seen me and been around me for both my Pfizer shots, they know my health is not tip top, but I'm in front of their eyes looking at them as a walking talking survivor of the Pfizer vaccine shot, they can see it has done no harm to me.

So if iknow 4 people like that, then everyone here must know similar people, how do I get through to them?...

It's very sad, all of them are social media geeks, I'm not, I can only assume the world wide Web is the biggest issue or problem to society!
They have this idea we in WA are safe, and we are for now, but next year when WA opens up, well we are gone, the health system cannot cope now, and that is the only reason our border is shut, the WA health system cannot cope now, not post border opening!
Old 26-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #16430
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Yes I mentioned this bill a couple of weeks ago. SOE was extended until mid December then this new bill will kick in. There will be greater transparency on health advice, with an independent body to scrutinise, BUT they won't have veto power. The thing that worries me the most is.....the sitting premier at the time can call the "pandemic", then the rules kick into place. That is outrageous IMHO. The determination of a pandemic should be called by a health body.
Dan Andrews taking a grab at power. I'm shocked.

Not really. Everyone knew he'd use the pandemic as a means to gain greater control. He's been doing this sort of thing for a long time now.
Old 26-10-2021, 12:03 PM   #16431
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Not really. Everyone knew he'd use the pandemic as a means to gain greater control. He's been doing this sort of thing for a long time now.
so what is the difference between what they are planning and what happens in NSW

No-one has explained the differences yet - all I hear is people bagging out Andrews (obviously being led by the MSM & SkyNews)
Old 26-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #16432
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
I wonder how WA sits on that ranking
WA is covid free?
But not for long, once our borders open WA will be worse than the whole of Australia's east coast plus SA!
Old 26-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #16433
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

So, with the prospect of metro Vics surging out into country Vic this weekend for the unofficial long weekend and potentially bringing covid infections with them (not saying that regional Vic doesn't already have infections just that there will be a lot more potentially infectious people moving about the regions), has anyone seen anything about a change in the exposure management philosophy from any of the state governments? At this stage, a person in Vic who is fully vacced (ie at least 14 days after their second dose) has to isolate for 7 days, with a PCR test at day 6.

But with the intermingling, far more people are likely to be exposed. There will be a tonne of people who will need to isolate.

Surely this needs to be revised?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 26-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #16434
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 284 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9992 (from 0.9828) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and is heading upward again.

VIC records 1,510 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9816 (from 0.9697) while the actual line remains behind the predictive trend which has been changed to a 4th order polynomial.

Week 15 in Victoria ended today with 62,101 cases to date compared to 19,417 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 57,546 for the NSW 2021 outbreak. Weekly case numbers see Victoria now well above NSW and I expect that those numbers will continue to grow for a while, bearing in mind that we are comparing historical data for NSW with current data for Victoria as NSW is about 3.5 weeks ahead.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #16435
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

Don't think this is a Dan issue. There is no guarantee he'll win the next election, so he could be handing this same power over to the opposition. A couple of weeks ago Matthew Guy was supporting for the powers to be handed from CHO to Health Minister.

Quote:
so what is the difference between what they are planning and what happens in NSW

No-one has explained the differences yet - all I hear is people bagging out Andrews (obviously being led by the MSM & SkyNews)
The difference, as far as what has been made publicly available so far, is that there will be more scrutiny on gov's decisions with this bill. Whilst the independent body can't veto any decisions, the reasons behind the decisions will at least be made public. And if those reasons are "unacceptable" there will be 6m Victorians marching and protesting, not 2000.

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 26-10-2021 at 01:40 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 01:44 PM   #16436
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

So why is The GSS doing so well two weeks out from our "Freedom Day"? We were meant to be awash in Zekes by now, up to 3k per day was the forecast.

And the hospitals are steadily emptying as well.

We haven't stopped testing - 71k yesterday, so that can't be the reason. Have we effectively dealt CV19 a blow it wasn't expecting?

Looking like we are replicating Denmark... Or is it too early to call still?
Old 26-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #16437
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 25th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,698 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.028%.

111 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.487%.

The UK had 36,100 cases yesterday and 38 deaths for a CMR of 1.584%.

54,737 new cases in the USA yesterday and 727 deaths sees CMR at 1.633%.

Other notable points:
Europe passes 63M cases;
Spain passes 5M cases;

Bulgaria (5,863) - the previous high on 30/03/21; and
Russia (37,930)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Norway moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Finland and South Korea drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #16438
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
So, with the prospect of metro Vics surging out into country Vic this weekend for the unofficial long weekend and potentially bringing covid infections with them (not saying that regional Vic doesn't already have infections just that there will be a lot more potentially infectious people moving about the regions), has anyone seen anything about a change in the exposure management philosophy from any of the state governments? At this stage, a person in Vic who is fully vacced (ie at least 14 days after their second dose) has to isolate for 7 days, with a PCR test at day 6.

But with the intermingling, far more people are likely to be exposed. There will be a tonne of people who will need to isolate.

Surely this needs to be revised?
It does. Otherwise we will end up with the same problems they had in the UK. So many people were in isolation they didn't even have enough supermarket/food manufacturing workers, nor truck drivers to get food onto supermarket shelves. And the shelves went bare in a lot of places.

I'm starting to see this at my workplace already. One area is in isolation, and another area was about to be isolated as well, before they worked out it was only a contact of a contact, so didn't need to be. But if covid does spread around, it won't be long before half the place or more are being sent home to isolate. It's just not feasible.

Business's will be locked down, and workers sent home to isolate all over the state if they continue with this. Won't be long and there will be such a high number of people in isolation that things will quickly go to hell.
Old 26-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #16439
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
So why is The GSS doing so well two weeks out from our "Freedom Day"? We were meant to be awash in Zekes by now, up to 3k per day was the forecast.

And the hospitals are steadily emptying as well.

We haven't stopped testing - 71k yesterday, so that can't be the reason. Have we effectively dealt CV19 a blow it wasn't expecting?

Looking like we are replicating Denmark... Or is it too early to call still?
One word........Weather

That is why Vic will follow about a month after NSW. Following the same trends as last year.

Old 26-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #16440
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Another is 38 yrs old, is a driller out in the bush, asked me as did the others if they could be exempt from vaccination on religious grounds?...I don't know, does anyone here know of any exemptions on any grounds?
I can't think of a religion that isn't pro vaccine.
Catholic - Yes
Anglican - Yes
Muslim - Yes
Pretty much all the Indian ones - Yes

The only exemption you would get is from your doctor. And AFAIK if there is a real reason for it, then you also get a medicare cert and can work/shop.
Closed Thread