Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #15901
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

FTE: The actual proportion of NSW’s population who are fully vaccinated is quite a bit under 70%, that’s one reason for concern.

The second is we’ve opened the tap on a whole lot of things at once, if it gets out of hand how do we know which ones to throttle back for best effect?

Finally, I don’t think many businesses will be in a position to proactively discriminate against unvaccinated people trying it on. Boutique operators, yes, but local cafés or businesses that have sustained retail through the last while using C&C - how are they going to practically separate the haves from the have-nots?
4 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #15902
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Disappointed in Sydney, I expected that even in suburbia there might be some festive celebration of the regained freedoms many now have. Not even a midnight horn toot around here.
You missed the memo. Party started 2 days ago......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eedom-Day.html

If previous lock downs are anything to go by, it'll take a good few days for general public to get their confidence back before resumption of "normal". In metro melb, after the 4th lock down, I noticed it took a good 1-2 weeks. But I think it'll be different this time. Hospitals could be inundated with more than just covid patients come the festive season.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #15903
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
FTE: The actual proportion of NSW’s population who are fully vaccinated is quite a bit under 70%, that’s one reason for concern.

The second is we’ve opened the tap on a whole lot of things at once, if it gets out of hand how do we know which ones to throttle back for best effect?

Finally, I don’t think many businesses will be in a position to proactively discriminate against unvaccinated people trying it on. Boutique operators, yes, but local cafés or businesses that have sustained retail through the last while using C&C - how are they going to practically separate the haves from the have-nots?
I'm sure most of us good citizens have concerns and at the same time I'm all for my fam poking our heads into the sunlight with alot of care.
C19 has and is a moving target since the start, no blueprint changes occur daily as we know, vaxxed or unvaxxed we need to move forward even though there will be bumps and more along the way.....
Most definately it will cause hospital capacity issues, they know it we know it.
We and business will learn as we go CB, thats all we can do.
The rest of the country wants this might I add looking from afar, they don't want to be locked up as well anymore despite having concerns, Sydney is the runner and so be it.....
Barring the minor % of millenials parting over the weekend (no diff to protesters/activists weeks earlier) the rest of us want to go one step beyound and there is always a price to pay sadly.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #15904
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 498 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9499 (from 0.9378) while the actual line is now above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,612 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0496 (from 1.0438) while the actual line is now below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #15905
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulation NSW it's FREEDOM DAY*

*Freedom only applies to 70% of the population. For the other 30% go F%$ yourselves you filthy unvaxxed scum.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #15906
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

*Freedom only applies to 70% of the population. For the other 30% go F%$ yourselves you filthy unvaxxed scum.
Russell’s post deserves bumping:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...ostcount=15754

40-odd percent of the NSW population is not (yet?) vaccinated, or incompletely vaccinated.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 11-10-2021 at 12:25 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #15907
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

NSW #COVID19 UPDATE - MONDAY 11 OCTOBER 2021

�� 90.3% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
�� 73.5% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
�� 83,498 tests in the last 24 hours
�� 496 new locally acquired cases

U16's I see the concerns but those parents need to be extra vigilant - if my own at that age masks/sanitise etcetc.....
Old 11-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #15908
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 10th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,390 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.123%.

61 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.606%.

The UK had 33,593 cases yesterday and 53 deaths for a CMR of 1.689%.

42,827 new cases in the USA yesterday and 581 deaths sees CMR at 1.623%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Brunei (381)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #15909
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
A state that is only 1/4 or a 1/3rd into its current wave and the number has already surpassed that of NSW's peak?

I think we can stop the interstate jibes, its here and staying, hopefully in 6 months time there will be no more graphs and we get on with it.
it was never meant as a jibe - take your anti-Trev blinkers off

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
don't we all....can you explain more where your coming from Trev ?
My point was to wish NSW well

My 2nd was my thinking that with the opening up there will be a growth in numbers, from 2 perspectives, one from people being out and about and one from the NRL, Vict saw a growth after the AFL grand final so I would expect that there would be one NSW

So good luck NSW, I think you will need it
Old 11-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #15910
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
and why aren't you 2 criticising this post - it is the same as mine?
Old 11-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #15911
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hard to remember seeing anywhere in the world where this uncontrollable super infectious delta variant has dropped ~60% (starting from 1000s+) in the space of 2 weeks? Is there some sort of devine intervention going on in NSW?

Another miracle is that hotel quarantine leaks seems to have taken a holiday across the country. None since the latest outbreak?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #15912
Trevor 57
is now there

Politicians are being coy about what they are saying, some could call it spin, some could call it fudging numbers
Old 11-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #15913
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hard to remember seeing anywhere in the world where this uncontrollable super infectious delta variant has dropped ~60% (starting from 1000s+) in the space of 2 weeks? Is there some sort of devine intervention going on in NSW?

Another miracle is that hotel quarantine leaks seems to have taken a holiday across the country. None since the latest outbreak?

Old 11-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #15914
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
and why aren't you 2 criticising this post - it is the same as mine?
don't feel victimised by my question Trev for I had no other train of thought but asking for clarity being we come from different mothers
I not keeping tabs on everyone it was just a simple question.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #15915
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

It will likely be 7-10 days before we see any noticeable impact from the newly granted freedoms in NSW and I'm sure the rest of the States will be watching closely as they head toward their various target dates.

We know there will be an impact, it's just the quantum that's to be determined.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 11-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #15916
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Russell’s post deserves bumping
You got bigger ball than me McDuff..lol....
Old 11-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #15917
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You got bigger ball than me McDuff..lol....
Just behave and you’ll be fine.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:44 PM   #15918
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

First experience with being asked for proof of vaccination… Bluffed my way through it - “I don’t have that yet”. They seemed happy enough with the answer. It was asked in good faith, not being precious.

The irony was, it’s a (mostly trade) mower shop - something I’d think is an essential business - and they could easily run a service window for lepers. It wouldn’t have offended me.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #15919
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

What areas you frequent CB ?
I have so many opposite experiences you post….

Traffic was still subdued yesterday for me whereas this morning and back to my office was maybe a third to what it normally would be post covid my observation today just got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #15920
tweeked
N/A all the way

Interesting that the 4 worst performing 1st dose LGA's in VIC are, in order

Last - City of Melbourne
City of Yarra
City of Port Phillip
City of Darebin

Interesting in that they are a Greens stronghold. Isn't this meant to be a "care for the minority" , "look after your neighbour" intellectually enlightened, selfless bunch?. Home of Adam Bandt and all the other Greens that love to tell us how we should think and act in the greater good. Yet they are pretty silent in trying to get their constituents to practice what they preach.

4 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #15921
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I'm finally back at work in the CBD and things are looking pretty good.

Mind you I stopped at Macca's on the way thinking I could be seated inside like a civilized person but no, they are still insisting that all orders are take away only.

I'll wait till Thursday or Friday before I try to get my hair cut, I'm sure there will be a long line before then - it doesn't help that I go to the cheapest hair dresser in Sydney haaa.

Watching the list of countries open to travel expanding has also got me happy. I'm still hoping for a short trip away somewhere mid to late Jan.

Bugger - need to renew my Passport.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 11-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #15922
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I'm finally back at work in the CBD and things are looking pretty good.

Mind you I stopped at Macca's on the way thinking I could be seated inside like a civilized person but no, they are still insisting that all orders are take away only.

I'll wait till Thursday or Friday before I try to get my hair cut, I'm sure there will be a long line before then - it doesn't help that I go to the cheapest hair dresser in Sydney haaa.

Watching the list of countries open to travel expanding has also got me happy. I'm still hoping for a short trip away somewhere mid to late Jan.

Bugger - need to renew my Passport.
welcome back to your office YT.
Had to have been a good feeling me hope.
Interestting re maccas but also not surprised, its early days I'm sure their HQ have been working on their revised working conditions.

My local baker/cafe stop had their chairs tables out, obviously spaced out but good to see.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 07:32 PM   #15923
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
What areas you frequent CB ?
I have so many opposite experiences you post….
If you plotted a loop anticlockwise, points could be Hunters Hill, Chatswood, St Ives, Hornsby, Nth Parramatta, Auburn.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:22 PM   #15924
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Freedom Day !!!!!!
From the people who couldn't run a quarantine system.
What could go wrong?
Anyone want to guess what the daily case count in NSW will be 2 weeks from now?
I am still laying low. Still have 4 weeks for my 2nd AZ so no hair cut for me.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 08:55 PM   #15925
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Freedom Day !!!!!!
From the people who couldn't run a quarantine system.
What could go wrong?
Anyone want to guess what the daily case count in NSW will be 2 weeks from now?
I am still laying low. Still have 4 weeks for my 2nd AZ so no hair cut for me.
It's about 4 weeks for mine as well and my wife has a small Hairdressing shop but I still can't get a haircut.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:16 PM   #15926
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
It's about 4 weeks for mine as well and my wife has a small Hairdressing shop but I still can't get a haircut.
Offer to cut Her Grass..
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #15927
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My “Freedom Day” is the 5th of November; that’s 14 days past vaccination. Prior to that I’ll be mostly following the lockdown rules, save for travelling to a few essential suppliers a bit further afield.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2021, 09:36 PM   #15928
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Offer to cut Her Grass..
I already do that!

But she has a reasonably good excuse. She's halfway through her Chemo course and can't stand up for too long
Old 11-10-2021, 10:55 PM   #15929
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
If you plotted a loop anticlockwise, points could be Hunters Hill, Chatswood, St Ives, Hornsby, Nth Parramatta, Auburn.

Ok thanks - close encounters, I’m north Ryde Pymble Turramurra Hornsby mt kuring-gai down to north Syd in circles depending the day needs.
All high vaxxed areas as you’d know.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #15930
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Ok thanks - close encounters, I’m north Ryde Pymble Turramurra Hornsby mt kuring-gai down to north Syd in circles depending the day needs.
All high vaxxed areas as you’d know.

You and CB sound like a couple of bloody snobs!....lol
Closed Thread