Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 12:51 PM   #15811
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 7th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,127 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.157%.

30 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.603%.

The UK had 39,747 cases yesterday and 142 deaths for a CMR of 1.708%.

111,662 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,316 deaths sees CMR at 1.622%.

Other notable points:
North America passes 54M cases;
The USA passes 45M cases;

No countries
... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Germany moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 12:59 PM   #15812
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
News coming through from NSW of a different Delta strain variant.

Different Delta strain identified
NSW's Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant a strain of Delta "which has a different genome sequence to the current strain circulating in Sydney" has been identified in the state.

She says there's no indication this strain presents any differences to transmission, vaccine effectiveness or disease severity.

There are eight cases — seven people in one household and one other person.

Dr Chant said investigations into this strain were continuing.
Is this a “Different Delta” because they’re unable to agree on using the Greek or aviation alphabets?

If it’s just going to be D2, does the R-number also become R2?
This user likes this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #15813
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Is this a “Different Delta” because they’re unable to agree on using the Greek or aviation alphabets?

If it’s just going to be D2, does the R-number also become R2?
That'd be the phonetic alphabet

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 08-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #15814
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Busy morning on the Covid front! I'll just post this one and then take a break to allow others to chime in for a bit....

ATAGI recommends booster shot for immunocompromised people
Australia's expert panel on vaccines has recommended a third dose booster shot of a COVID-19 vaccine for people who are "severely" immunocompromised.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) said people with certain conditions, or who are on immunosuppressive therapies such as chemotherapy, might not be fully protected by the regular two doses of a vaccine.

ATAGI advised for those people, an additional shot should be given two to six months after the second dose.

It said the Pfizer and Moderna versions of the vaccine were preferred for booster shots.

No recommendations on third doses have been made for the general population at this stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #15815
slowsnake
Banned

Not many chimers?.....lol.....
Old 08-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #15816
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Busy morning on the Covid front! I'll just post this one and then take a break to allow others to chime in for a bit....

ATAGI recommends booster shot for immunocompromised people
Australia's expert panel on vaccines has recommended a third dose booster shot of a COVID-19 vaccine for people who are "severely" immunocompromised.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) said people with certain conditions, or who are on immunosuppressive therapies such as chemotherapy, might not be fully protected by the regular two doses of a vaccine.

ATAGI advised for those people, an additional shot should be given two to six months after the second dose.

It said the Pfizer and Moderna versions of the vaccine were preferred for booster shots.

No recommendations on third doses have been made for the general population at this stage.
Thanks for that mate I'll get my missus to check with the Clinical Team that looks after her
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #15817
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Its just they haven't uploaded the latest document yet. I am sure there is plenty of "fine print" in the Authorised worker list to be worked through. It will turn up before on the DHHS site before the due date.
Well yesterday i started to slip down the conspiracy slipperyslope due to the government still not having provided a Health Order...... bingo it turned up today.

That Penhalluriak was quite good, and correct at the time, but it looks like all the missing pieces he identified are being filled in as I first suspected they would be (but not fast enough to make me stop making my own tin foil hat)

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...directions.pdf

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 03:19 PM   #15818
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well yesterday i started to slip down the conspiracy slipperyslope due to the government still not having provided a Health Order...... bingo it turned up today.

That Penhalluriak was quite good, and correct at the time, but it looks like all the missing pieces he identified are being filled in as I first suspected they would be (but not fast enough to make me stop making my own tin foil hat)

Note the commencement date in that Directions document. We've noticed that the Directions tend to come out just before they take effect. I'm guessing that is the case as some Directions succeed previously issued Directions and, therefore, having two extant copies may cause legal issues, or at least the potential for confusion?

Whatever the reason, it appears to be the current practice anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-10-2021, 04:34 PM   #15819
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
That's going to raise some hard question for the Police service in terms of their duty of care although I suspect that a lot of the 'safe workplace' stuff is not applicable to them or other emergency services given that the very nature of their job is often the antithesis of safe. I would presume that as long as they took whatever risk minimisation strategies were available to them, they'll be covered but if I was a serving member, I'd be asking some question of my own.
What is more interesting some police officers like others in different professions are resisting the compulsory jab mandate. I suppose some fields of employment do have high risks when you sign up to it and covid is one of many.
Old 08-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #15820
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Quoting you again, tweeked as I've now had a chance to read through the directions in toto and absorb some of the content.

I see that clause 3 states the validity period for the Direction and states that the Directions end at 11:59:00pm on 21 October 2021.

Anyone who is concerned by the requirement to be vaccinated could simply take leave until that time and then return to work after that date. Of course, these Directions can be extended, however that be effected, to apply after that date and you'd run the risk of that happening.

Another thing I picked up on was that an employer is not permitted to allow a "worker who is unvaccinated to work for that employer outside the worker’s
ordinary place of residence". But 'work' is not defined and I wonder if being on a form of leave may be construed as being 'work', after all, you are still employed by the company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #15821
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Posted for CB's benefit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #15822
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have my second dose scheduled on Monday arvo

Pretty **** timing for work considering we have a change going on this weekend and despite all the planning and testing things only reveal themselves fully during business hours.

I had no side effects the first dose other than the sore arm but apparently they are usually worse for second one. We will see.
First one, after day two, was way worse for me. Arm was so sore it actually made shifting the TR3650 painful and driving unpleasant. Second one didn't feel it go in, nurse said it was because "she knew what she was doing" . Had a bit of numbness but no where near as bad as the first one.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2021, 07:53 PM   #15823
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
First one, after day two, was way worse for me. Arm was so sore it actually made shifting the TR3650 painful and driving unpleasant. Second one didn't feel it go in, nurse said it was because "she knew what she was doing" . Had a bit of numbness but no where near as bad as the first one.
Tell em to stick it in ya butt, the muscle mass is far superior to anywhere else, upper arm or thigh included, 5 minutes of slight stinging, as recognised by the medical profession!
Just ask ya GP, he'll tell you the same!
Old 08-10-2021, 07:58 PM   #15824
Trevor 57
is now there

Old 08-10-2021, 09:09 PM   #15825
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
I see that clause 3 states the validity period for the Direction and states that the Directions end at 11:59:00pm on 21 October 2021.

Anyone who is concerned by the requirement to be vaccinated could simply take leave until that time and then return to work after that date. Of course, these Directions can be extended, however that be effected, to apply after that date and you'd run the risk of that happening.

Another thing I picked up on was that an employer is not permitted to allow a "worker who is unvaccinated to work for that employer outside the worker’s
ordinary place of residence". But 'work' is not defined and I wonder if being on a form of leave may be construed as being 'work', after all, you are still employed by the company.
Yes, someone can take leave, however so far all of the vaccination orders have rolled over into the next public health order, so you are rolling the dice if you think that the order will not be renewed.

On the "work" one, this is basically saying "work from home only" if you are not vaccinated, and your work cannot get clever by sending you to clients, a cafe or the like saying that you are not in their normal workplace.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #15826
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Cerebellar stroke, so in the back part of the brain in the cerebellum of course…
This happens when an artery that feeds it is blocked or bleeding, causing complete interruption to a portion of it (typically only one side or section of the cerebellum).

Quote:
…is the type of stroke he had the same or similar to what has been published regarding negative side effects of AZ vaccine?
This is where a blood clot forms in the brain’s venous sinuses (sort of like gutters that collect and channel rainwater).

https://images.app.goo.gl/ggMdG5bmwLenhqC89

This prevents blood from draining out of the brain and back to the heart. As a result, blood cells may break and leak blood into the brain tissues, forming a hemorrhage.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #15827
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak View Post
This happens when an artery that feeds it is blocked or bleeding, causing complete interruption to a portion of it (typically only one side or section of the cerebellum).

This is where a blood clot forms in the brain’s venous sinuses (sort of like gutters that collect and channel rainwater).

https://images.app.goo.gl/ggMdG5bmwLenhqC89

This prevents blood from draining out of the brain and back to the heart. As a result, blood cells may break and leak blood into the brain tissues, forming a hemorrhage.
You are the only person who answered my post, I appreciate that, I just wanted someone smart, like you to put my mind at ease, I was hoping it was AZ related and not heart or cancer, which he was give a 7 year all clear not 2 months ago, I put it here in the covid thread because the doctors said they could not find the cause, 8 days in hospital and they couldn't find it, all other functions, sugar, cholesterol and oxygen transfer good for his age, 72, non smoker, vegetarian and non drinker, so it could be the AZ vaccine!

Thank you kindly for your reply, I feel good now!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #15828
slowsnake
Banned

So 1,965 new locally acquired cases today and 5 deaths in Victoria, and NSW not too good neither, and a truck driver who tested neg in NSW tests positive in SA, from Ch24 news ABC TV.

Last edited by slowsnake; 09-10-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Misspelt
Old 09-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #15829
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
So 1,965 new locally acquired cases today and 5 deaths in Victoria, and NSW not too good neither, and a truck driver who tested neg in NSW tests positive in SA, from Ch24 news ABC TV.
Downward trend in cases, 90% first vaxxed today, opening fully soon, shiny new Premier What bit of NSW is "not too good neither"?
Old 09-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #15830
cosworthfreak

Quote:
You are the only person who answered my post, I appreciate that, I just wanted someone smart, like you to put my mind at ease, I was hoping it was AZ related and not heart or cancer, which he was give a 7 year all clear not 2 months ago, I put it here in the covid thread because the doctors said they could not find the cause, 8 days in hospital and they couldn't find it, all other functions, sugar, cholesterol and oxygen transfer good for his age, 72, non smoker, vegetarian and non drinker, so it could be the AZ vaccine!

Thank you kindly for your reply, I feel good now!
No problems, but I need to correct my answer to your post. The second type of stroke (in the venous sinuses) is the very rare type associated with AZ, the cerebellar stroke is not associated with AZ. That doesn’t mean the cerebellar stroke is associated with his heart or any cancer diagnosis, it may have been a result of other things.

There are two main types of stroke: ischemic and hemorrhagic . An ischemic stroke is the most common type, and happens when blood flow is blocked. This may be caused by a clot that formed in a different part of the body which broke off and becomes trapped in another part of the system (and his just happened to be in one of the arteries feeding his cerebellum). The clot could have also formed more locally, or it might have been a small tear instead. A hemorrhagic stroke is caused by a burst blood vessel. Blood pools in the brain, causing a build up of pressure which then slows or stops the flow of blood.

Cerebellar stroke is more common in older adults and people with a family history of stroke, and health problems that affect blood vessel health and blood flow can raise the risk.

This may not make you feel better, sorry.

Jamie
4 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #15831
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
What bit of NSW is "not too good neither"?
Regional vaccination rates, disability sector vaccination rates, but these apply to other states and territories also.

A David Pope cartoon puts it well for critics of NSW

Last edited by cosworthfreak; 09-10-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #15832
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
So 1,965 new locally acquired cases today and 5 deaths in Victoria
Well, in this thread, back on the 2nd September, I wrote the following;

https://fordforums.com.au/showpost.p...ostcount=14390

"Victoria is very similar to NSW running at "REFF 1.3".
What this means is that for every 10 cases, those 10 cases affect another 13 people."

"At that current rate, it means the daily cases numbers will DOUBLE every 10 or 11 days."

"Let's put some dates to that to visualise the scenario, if that REFF 1.3 continues"...

1/9/21 - 120 cases

11/9/21 - 240 cases

21/9/21 - 480 cases

1/10/21 - 960 cases

11/10/21 - 1,920 cases

"I hope I am wrong, and things turn around but things are not looking good".

Well, unfortunately we have exceeded that number 2 days ahead of schedule... Not good.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #15833
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Downward trend in cases, 90% first vaxxed today, opening fully soon, shiny new Premier What bit of NSW is "not too good neither"?
They mentioned, Liverpool, Merrylands, Granville, then I couldn't keep up typing, the reporter was talking quicker than I could type!..sorry!
Ch 24 news this morning.
Old 09-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #15834
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak View Post
No problems, but I need to correct my answer to your post. The second type of stroke (in the venous sinuses) is the very rare type associated with AZ, the cerebellar stroke is not associated with AZ. That doesn’t mean the cerebellar stroke is associated with his heart or any cancer diagnosis, it may have been a result of other things.

There are two main types of stroke: ischemic and hemorrhagic . An ischemic stroke is the most common type, and happens when blood flow is blocked. This may be caused by a clot that formed in a different part of the body which broke off and becomes trapped in another part of the system (and his just happened to be in one of the arteries feeding his cerebellum). The clot could have also formed more locally, or it might have been a small tear instead. A hemorrhagic stroke is caused by a burst blood vessel. Blood pools in the brain, causing a build up of pressure which then slows or stops the flow of blood.

Cerebellar stroke is more common in older adults and people with a family history of stroke, and health problems that affect blood vessel health and blood flow can raise the risk.

This may not make you feel better, sorry.

Jamie
This is the whole email, and thank you for your interest, your explanation is fine thanks.

Hello Billy,
Sorry I have not written for a while. I hope that everything is going OK for you.
Unfortunately, I just spent 8 days in hospital after suffering a stroke.
Good news is that I have had lots of scans, blood tests etc., and apart from the stroke my heart condition, sugars, cholesterol, blood pressure, O2 levels are all good for my age. Bad news is that the blood clot in my brain came from somewhere unknown at the moment.
I had a pretty rare stroke called a cerebellar, in the cerebellum at the back of the brain. Main problems are balance and coordination, luckily I have no weakness in my limbs or speech problems. Eyesight has been affected slightly but I am told it will improve gradually. I had a physio assessment at home today to check that I can walk, climb stairs etc., no problems at present.
I just walk like a drunken sailor but not allowed to drive for a while, maybe forever.
Apart from that, life goes on.
Hopefully things are stable for you?
Cheers
Dave

Sent from my IPad
Old 09-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #15835
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 582 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9644 (from 0.9746) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 1,965 cases in the current period (another record high) but the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0989 (from 1.1016) while the actual line is further above the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 10-10-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #15836
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 8th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,523 new cases for Australia (a new record) and 16 deaths so the CMR is 1.146%.

47 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.612%. That's the first death since September 3rd and only the 3rd this year.

The UK had 34,910 cases yesterday and 104 deaths for a CMR of 1.702%.

110,134 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,043 deaths sees CMR at 1.622%.

Other notable points:
Global deaths pass 4.85M, the last 50k in 7 days;
Europe passes 60M cases;
Oceania passes 250k cases'

Australia (2,523);
Singapore (3,590)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Ireland moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #15837
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Surprised that this story, which broke yesterday, has not been covered in here, especially given we have frequenters who are not Dan fans.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews fined for COVID rule breaches after being filmed without a mask

Victorian police have issued Premier Daniel Andrews with $400 worth of fines for breaching COVID-19 directions after being filmed without a mask before attending Parliament.

Mr Andrews had apologised for the incidents, which took place as he walked across the Parliament carpark to speak to journalists on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...mask/100523614

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #15838
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gees...got up early this morning and headed out for a hike. With the amount of people out and about, would not have guessed we were close to 2000 today.

Quote:
Surprised that this story, which broke yesterday, has not been covered in here, especially given we have frequenters who are not Dan fans.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews fined for COVID rule breaches after being filmed without a mask

Victorian police have issued Premier Daniel Andrews with $400 worth of fines for breaching COVID-19 directions after being filmed without a mask before attending Parliament.

Mr Andrews had apologised for the incidents, which took place as he walked across the Parliament carpark to speak to journalists on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...mask/100523614
Apparently he took his mask off in the car, then walked up to the press gallery. Found it odd he would wear a mask in the car! Who actually does that unless you are a taxi / uber driver?!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #15839
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Although NSW avoided reaching the peaks predicted in the early modelling which predicted > 2000 daily cases and actually peaked on day 87 with 1,603 cases before starting to trend (albeit erratically) downward, Victoria is still trending upward at the same stage despite the fact that the initial growth rate was slower.

The predictive model above shows that 2,500 cases a day could be passed in the next 8 days unless the trend starts to reverse quickly.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #15840
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Apparently he took his mask off in the car, then walked up to the press gallery. Found it odd he would wear a mask in the car! Who actually does that unless you are a taxi / uber driver?!
If you are in the public eye then I think you would be wearing it everywhere so you didn't have these gotcha moments.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread