Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 08:33 PM   #14491
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Must be different rules for different States. My wife had open heart surgery a few years ago and had her first AntiZobiie jab 4 weeks ago at our family Dr, but nothing was mentioned about heart problems.
Wasnt put on the questionnaire until 3 weeks ago.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #14492
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
A lot depends on how you have your personal health care set up, I have a cardiologist as well as my GP, my Cardiologist and GP's records are linked, everything my Cardiologist knows about me is shared with my GP and vice versa.

When i went down the track of applying for vaccination the only one i had to see was my GP as he has access to ALL my medical history from anyone in the medical profession I use, so just a normal consult.

What seems strange to me though is when applying for the jab here in QLD, as soon as I applied I was sent an email/sms with a link to an online questionnaire that asks you ALL the relevant medical questions affecting the vaccination, this was like a month before my jab so had plenty of time getting the info if needed, as it was I had already seen my GP as recommended before applying.

When i rolled up for the jab they gave me the exact same questionnaire (in hardcopy) that I had filled in online and was to fill it in before getting the jab, I mentioned I had completed the same questionnaire online and was told it was an extra layer of security in case I had missed anything.

Obviously very different in SA....
I had already discussed having Pfizer with my GP, infact he asked me if I was getting it and I confirmed Pfizer.
I rang the surgery whilst in the cubicle but my GP was off today.

I relayed this to the nurse asking the questions and she said if a person answers 'Yes' to any of the last 5 questions they won't jab without a written letter from cardiologist.
She then got me her supervisor, she confirmed and said 'I don't want to kill you'.
She then brought in the most senior person there, he said I won't turn you away but you'll need to write a waiver on the questionnaire beforehand.
They said this only came to light with Pfizer 3 weeks ago.

As I have my questionnaire right here in front of me can you tell me what the 'extra layer' questions they asked you and I'll tell you if its the same.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #14493
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I had already discussed having Pfizer with my GP, infact he asked me if I was getting it and I confirmed Pfizer.
I rang the surgery whilst in the cubicle but my GP was off today.

I relayed this to the nurse asking the questions and she said if a person answers 'Yes' to any of the last 5 questions they won't jab without a written letter from cardiologist.
She then got me her supervisor, she confirmed and said 'I don't want to kill you'.
She then brought in the most senior person there, he said I won't turn you away but you'll need to write a waiver on the questionnaire beforehand.
They said this only came to light with Pfizer 3 weeks ago.

As I have my questionnaire right here in front of me can you tell me what the 'extra layer' questions they asked you and I'll tell you if its the same.
They were the same as the online questions, i answered the same questionnaire twice about a month apart...

The below is the current Pre-Vaccination Screening questionnaire and the same one i answered....twice.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data...-checklist.pdf

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data...eening-qrg.pdf

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 03-09-2021 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:49 PM   #14494
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I'm concerned NSW and VIC are gone. Zero chance of Covid zero unless you want to go for months of lockdowns and that is a no go. Get vac rates up is the only way.

ACT may just be reaching that point too because despite high compliance it is just hovering. Not going up huge but not not dropping.

Very high vac rate like NSW and ACT so very soon we will just let it run I reckon and get on with life. That was the original plan.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:05 AM   #14495
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good that we have secured yet another vac swap with the UK which is a big boost. Another 4m doses.

It would be good if the US would step up to the plate so to speak. Heaps of dickheads that don't want them so just send them here.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:17 AM   #14496
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
They were the same as the online questions, i answered the same questionnaire twice about a month apart...

The below is the current Pre-Vaccination Screening questionnaire and the same one i answered....twice.

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data...-checklist.pdf

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data...eening-qrg.pdf
The new SA checklist, i said 5 extra Pfizer specific questions, its actually 6 but as im over 30 question 4 was irrelevant to me and ignored by the nurse.

https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/w...2b10ee-nJI5UH9

Last edited by BENT_8; 04-09-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:23 AM   #14497
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
The new SA checklist, i said 5 extra Pfizer specific questions, its actually 6 but as im over 30 question 4 was irrelevant to me and ignored by the nurse.

https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/w...2b10ee-nJI5UH9
Apologies i should have added my initial application form for the Vaccine, this has the same 6 questions as the one you posted.

The pre screening form i listed prior was the one the actual clinic i was attending sent the link for and which was given to me on arrival....the one i did twice.

The one i filled out when applying..

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...nsent-form.pdf

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 04-09-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:37 AM   #14498
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Apologies i should have added my initial application form for the Vaccine, this has the same 6 questions as the one you posted.

The pre screening form i listed prior was the one the actual clinic i was attending sent the link for and which was given to me on arrival....the one i did twice.

The one i filled out when applying..

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/defa...nsent-form.pdf
Aus Gov form last edited 30/7 which would be the addition of the Pfizer specific questions, obviously they would get word first and then filter through to state level soon after.
30/7 is 4 weeks, today they said 3 weeks so it's in the ballpark considering it would need be altered, printed and distributed to clinics.
The SA Gov form is dated August 21, obviously a recent revision too..
Question is, why has a Fed Gov form and a State Gov form been revised within the last month to include Pfizer specific heart related concerns yet SA Heart hadn't even been informed?

When did you apply and answer those questions?

Last edited by BENT_8; 04-09-2021 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:26 AM   #14499
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Aus Gov form last edited 30/7 which would be the addition of the Pfizer specific questions, obviously they would get word first and then filter through to state level soon after.
30/7 is 4 weeks, today they said 3 weeks so it's in the ballpark considering it would need be altered, printed and distributed to clinics.
The SA Gov form is dated August 21, obviously a recent revision too..
Question is, why has a Fed Gov form and a State Gov form been revised within the last month to include Pfizer specific heart related concerns yet SA Heart hadn't even been informed?

When did you apply and answer those questions?
I had my first jab at the beginning of April and my second towards the end.

Old 04-09-2021, 04:33 AM   #14500
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
As far as I'm concerned NSW and VIC are gone. Zero chance of Covid zero unless you want to go for months of lockdowns and that is a no go. Get vac rates up is the only way.

ACT may just be reaching that point too because despite high compliance it is just hovering. Not going up huge but not not dropping.

Very high vac rate like NSW and ACT so very soon we will just let it run I reckon and get on with life. That was the original plan.
Vic forecast to hit 70% first jab in the next 14 days, if current vax rates are sustained. Safe to assume everyone who has had 1st dose will get 2nd dose? Which means those at the 70% mark will get their second 6-12 weeks from 14 days. Using 12 weeks, it means by around mid December we will have achieved 70% double dose. Bloody hell I hope they are not going to keep us locked down within our own 10kms until then....I want to go smell a beach just to know its still there!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 04:36 AM   #14501
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I had my first jab at the beginning of April and my second towards the end.
Then you couldn't have had the form with Pfizer specific questions because the TGA didn't advise of the findings in the US and add the warnings until recently.
There are plenty of references and articles all dated late July early August stating as such.

It was even reported as recently as Monday on a euronews pages that a NZ woman died from complications after having Pfizer.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:08 AM   #14502
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Then you couldn't have had the form with Pfizer specific questions because the TGA didn't advise of the findings in the US and add the warnings until recently.
There are plenty of references and articles all dated late July early August stating as such.
Probably/maybe modified since i did mine, but that is definitely the form even if the layout has changed.

I checked about my heart with my GP before applying, as was recommended, due to me having had a heart attack which had left me with a clot in there for a while.

This was all required and noted on my application at the time.

I don't know anything about any articles in the US

Old 04-09-2021, 05:13 AM   #14503
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

You say you answered those questions when you first applied and had already discussed this with your GP.
You say you did this a month before your first jab in early April.

What I'm not seeing is how the Fed Gov revised its form that you posted a link to on 30/7, SA Health revised theirs in August, there's plenty of references stating the findings from the US about Pfizer complications and an Aus Fed Gov amendment with the additional questions from the same time period all relating to complications from Pfizer.
My Wife recalls 2 different forms from late July at her first jab to mid August at her second, 3 people of varying degrees of expertise in administering Pfizer all said its a newly amended form, SA Heart know nothing about patients needing letters before they get jabbed to the point of asking me who gave me the info and apologised for me being the guinea pig for them, yet you reckon you saw those Pfizer specific questions on the questionnaire in early March.

I don't see how that's likely.

Last edited by BENT_8; 04-09-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:08 AM   #14504
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
You say you answered those questions when you first applied and had already discussed this with your GP.
You say you did this a month before your first jab in early April.

What I'm not seeing is how the Fed Gov revised its form that you posted a link to on 30/7, SA Health revised theirs in August, there's plenty of references stating the findings from the US and a Aus Fed Gov amendment from the same time period all relating to complications from Pfizer.
My Wife recalls 2 different forms from late July at her first jab to mid August at her second, 3 people of varying degrees of expertise in administering Pfizer all said its a newly amended form, yet you reckon you saw it in early March.

I don't see how that's likely.
Well as I mentioned, it's obviously been modified since i used it....!

Go back and read my first post on the subject, there was no mention of any new questions and all I stated was I had gone through checks and questions regarding my heart prior to applying, as was recommended at the time! and as i just mentioned, this was all noted on my application which is the form i linked to which has obviously been updated since then! but hard to forget the big orange tick!......I never once said i answered the particular questions on the new version.....just that the details about my heart are on the questionnaire that i completed!

Jesus....All i did was use the link to the form i used before, link hasn't changed either, and pointed out your questions are on the form, i never said they were on it when i filled it out...

2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #14505
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It was even reported as recently as Monday on a euronews pages that a NZ woman died from complications after having Pfizer.
https://www.health.govt.nz/news-medi...ditis-symptoms

Here you go Bent this is a link to NZ health dept concerning the death here, i saw the John Tait in this release twice on the news saying there was 32 other cases of Myocarditis/Myocardial infraction but you will be doing well to find much mention of them.
So far in this latest NZ out break it's vaccine 1 Covid 0 deaths.

Last edited by five 7; 04-09-2021 at 07:17 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #14506
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
NZ August delta stats as of yesterday.

37620 close contacts.
755 active cases. 2%
43 in hospital. 0.11%
5 in ICU. 0.013%
0 deaths.

So contagious, so deadly.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 AM   #14507
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take immunity as opposed to a vaccine.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 10:36 AM   #14508
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
.. and just how do you plan to achieve that?

Observatio Facta Rotae

7 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:20 AM   #14509
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
An Idol ?
Old 04-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #14510
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Vic forecast to hit 70% first jab in the next 14 days, if current vax rates are sustained. Safe to assume everyone who has had 1st dose will get 2nd dose? Which means those at the 70% mark will get their second 6-12 weeks from 14 days. Using 12 weeks, it means by around mid December we will have achieved 70% double dose. Bloody hell I hope they are not going to keep us locked down within our own 10kms until then....I want to go smell a beach just to know its still there!
Don't hold your breath with your easing of lockdown expectations!
Old 04-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #14511
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Are you going to be the next "Boy in the Bubble"?
Old 04-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #14512
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a big list....

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

For the record, I don't really know where I sit on this one. I don't really have an issue with antivaxxers or vaccine hesitancy, except for the fact that they might stop us reaching the target and leave us locked down forever.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #14513
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Well as I mentioned, it's obviously been modified since i used it....!

Go back and read my first post on the subject, there was no mention of any new questions and all I stated was I had gone through checks and questions regarding my heart prior to applying, as was recommended at the time! and as i just mentioned, this was all noted on my application which is the form i linked to which has obviously been updated since then! but hard to forget the big orange tick!......I never once said i answered the particular questions on the new version.....just that the details about my heart are on the questionnaire that i completed!

Jesus....All i did was use the link to the form i used before, link hasn't changed either, and pointed out your questions are on the form, i never said they were on it when i filled it out...
My apologies then, I was of the impression from your last line in your first post in response was to suggest that the cardiac risks recently discovered from Pfizer were available months ago, that I should have already had that discussion with my GP/Cardiologist in preparation and that SA was behind..

The original versions of the forms you say you answered don't ask about Congenital Heart Disease specific to Pfizer as it hadn't been discovered then and at this stage it is still not an issue with the AZ version.
CHD has been added to the questionnaire in a section relevant to Pfizer as its a recent discovery.
When I booked my appointment this link between drug and heart inflammation hadn't been disclosed and so couldn't be considered.

To bring it back to why I was annoyed yesterday is because anyone who had a booking made prior to the amendment were 'rolling up' in good faith only to be turned away due to no supporting specialist letter.
This is what concerns SA Heart as it was the first they'd heard of the requirement.

When AZ concerns came to light the news spread like wildfire and it created fear resulting in millions of doses sitting unused and a slow uptake in vax numbers, there has been little reported on the side effects of Pfizer in contrast as they don't want people forming the same views of it or we'll never get to the magical number to 'open up'.

The senior person i spoke to yesterday all but said they are relying on fear and lengthy waits for vax bookings to 'encourage' people in the high risk category to sign a written waiver and get jabbed regardless.
I refused and as a result of my phone call to SA Heart they became aware for the first time.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #14514
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Same way Josh Rogan did it.

Hyped up having natural immunity. Then caught covid... but it had nothing to do with not being vaccinated... He caught it because reasons.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #14515
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
https://www.health.govt.nz/news-medi...ditis-symptoms

Here you go Bent this is a link to NZ health dept concerning the death here, i saw the John Tait in this release twice on the news saying there was 32 other cases of Myocarditis/Myocardial infraction but you will be doing well to find much mention of them.
Thankyou, again clearly dated end of August as its only just come to light.
The elephant in the room is why isn't it being reported in depth on MSM and the answer is obvious, anyone who elects to get jabbed and die as a result is collateral to reaching the magical number that Govco need.

If you want my personal opinion I'm starting to think Delta has been allowed to spread in order to shift fear from AZ blood clots to the deadly strain with Pfizer being the holy grail to set minds at ease.
If they create fear of Pfizer people will baulk and the economy will continue to suffer.

Its ALWAYS about the $$.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #14516
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thankyou, again clearly dated end of August as its only just come to light.
The elephant in the room is why isn't it being reported in depth on MSM and the answer is obvious, anyone who elects to get jabbed and die as a result is collateral to reaching the magical number that Govco need.

If you want my personal opinion I'm starting to think Delta has been allowed to spread in order to shift fear from AZ blood clots to the deadly strain with Pfizer being the holy grail to set minds at ease.
If they create fear of Pfizer people will baulk and the economy will continue to suffer.

Its ALWAYS about the $$.
Like you said when you blamed NSW for you not being able to work?
Old 04-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #14517
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 3rd 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,647 new cases for Australia and 13 deaths so the CMR is 1.773%. That's another record daily case high.

26 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.697%.

The UK had a higher 42,065 cases yesterday and lower 121 deaths for a CMR of 1.927%.

A lower 185,631 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 1,511 deaths sees CMR at 1.637%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 220M, the last 1M in 2 days;
South America passes 37M cases;

Australia (1,647); and
Vietnam (14,922)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Denmark drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #14518
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records another new high with 1,534 cases in the current period but the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0582 (from 1.0731) while the actual line remains slightly above the predictive trend line. I've taken the 2020 Vic data out of the graph as it's no longer of any value.

It should also be noted that NSW hospitalised case numbers have also passed the 1,000 mark.

VIC records 190 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1995 (from 1.1964) while the actual line is now only a bit above the predictive trend line.

It was Day 80 for NSW and at that mark they have had 27,031 cases in this outbreak compared to the 15,721 Victoria had at the same milestone last year.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 04-09-2021 at 12:47 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #14519
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Like you said when you blamed NSW for you not being able to work?
What are you on about?

The SA gov didnt delay dealing with the delta strain, our lockdown came from the handling of it in NSW, my industry suffered as a result of NSW's decisions.
They moved a returned traveller from iso to a covid riddled hospital and then soon after released him to travel without re entering iso.

To insulate myself from that going forward I changed to an essential service industry, a proactive response as its only a matter of time before it leaks from NSW again.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #14520
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Same way Josh Rogan did it.

Hyped up having natural immunity. Then caught covid... but it had nothing to do with not being vaccinated... He caught it because reasons.
sooooo ...
what was the hookers name

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread