Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2021, 09:27 AM   #31
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fuel price scam??

BP98 went up from 1.75 to 2.10 overnight at our local.. it's taking the **** just a little
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #32
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare ss View Post
BP98 went up from 1.75 to 2.10 overnight at our local.. it's taking the **** just a little
With the recent insane acceptance of "Net Zero CO2 by 2050" in Australia, Insane Fuel Prices are unfortunately the inevitable future, resulting from Government controlled Green Social Engineering, now that our supposedly Conservative / Liberal Prime Minister has spinelessly capitulated to the hysterical ultra-left Green Climate Cult (who don't even understand basic Science (eg Plant / Tree Photosynthesis that converts CO2 to Oxygen - thus requiring the CO2 that these idiots are trying to eliminate) & the basic principles of the "Scientific Method"...etc.

Interesting read here: https://ncc.org.au/newsweekly/cover-...reen-insanity/
Old 20-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #33
Trevor 57
is now there

I filled the EL Fairmont Ghia this morning, $151.9 - strange the country is cheaper than the cities
Old 20-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #34
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I knew a few truckies when I worked in S E Qld running 2nd grade diesel, it was the colour of tea, with milk,that was over 25 yrs ago, but they can still get it, if there is a demand there will be a supplier.
I never asked where it come from, but it was delivered in unmarked tankers, definitely a criminal enterprise, but Rocky is a truckie he may of seen it, it was half price of diesel at the bowser.
likely to be some sort of biodiesel, the give away is the smell of flake & chips as they drive off
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #35
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Different Types of Diesel Fuel: #1,#2, and #4

Diesel fuels are broken up into 3 different classes: 1D(#1), 2D(#2) and 4D(#4). The difference between these classes depends on viscosity (the property of a fluid that causes a resistance to the fluid’s flow) and pour point (the temperature at which a fluid will flow).

#4 fuels tend to be used in low-speed engines. #2 fuels are used in warmer weather and are sometimes mixed with #1 fuel to create a competent winter fuel. #1 fuel is preferred for cold weather as it has a lower viscosity. It used to be standard to see the fuel # on the pump, but a lot of gas stations do not state the fuel number anymore.

Another important factor is the rating of Cetane in the diesel fuel. Cetane is similar to Octane for gasoline fuel and it indicates how easy the fuel will ignite and burn. Since Ultra low Sulfur diesel fuels became standard in the middle 2000s, the cetane has been reduced which makes the newer fuel less desirable for diesel enthusiasts. It is highly recommended to run a fuel additive to increase the overall Cetane number. Diesel fuel additives such as Fuel Bomb will also have lubricity additives which will help the modern diesel engine run better and achieve a higher fuel economy(MPG). One other feature of a diesel fuel additive is that it does not need much per tank. A standard bottle of diesel fuel additive usually treats 250-500 gallons.

Here is an article from Diesel Power Magazine on diesel fuel additives and why they are important.

Synthetic diesel comes from several sources such as wood, straw, corn and even garbage or discarded foods.

Biodiesel is an ecologically-friendly type of diesel. It is a cleaner-burning diesel made from natural, renewable sources such as vegetable oils and animal fats. Biodiesel is helping to reduce American dependence on foreign petroleum. It is also helping in the creation of green jobs and the improvement of our environment.
Interesting comments you make, yes diesel is rated by its cetane level, yet its not something displayed at the Pump?
you mention temperature, we they have what's called alpine diesel which doesnt wax up when its cold. but apparently still performs the same as normal diesel - so why isn't all diesel like alpine diesel??

fuel additives - im skeptical there are a llot of claims about these products, perhaps there are soem that actually work but for me tipping a $5 bottle in your tank wont give you $5 extra range.

bio diesel, pretty sure its not cleaner burning - they tend to stink!
Rokwiz can shed more light I believe he has used it
Old 20-10-2021, 01:25 PM   #36
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I filled the EL Fairmont Ghia this morning, $151.9 - strange the country is cheaper than the cities
Its been like that for quite a while I think. Inner metro melb seems to be the first hit. Using the motormouth app, the dark green servos seems to be along the outer edge of metro melb and into the regions.

Maybe cos less people complain in the inner suburbs....$20 extra for a fill won't affect people who plot around shop to shop doing 50kms a week.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #37
hayseed

Quote:
I knew a few truckies when I worked in S E Qld running 2nd grade diesel, it was the colour of tea, with milk,that was over 25 yrs ago, but they can still get it, if there is a demand there will be a supplier.
I never asked where it come from, but it was delivered in unmarked tankers, definitely a criminal enterprise, but Rocky is a truckie he may of seen it, it was half price of diesel at the bowser.
Some of the Crude Oil from Qld was/is very Light weight & almost Diesel Like..
Trucks would Run on It, though you needed to change Filters far more often.
Not To sure how Modern High Pressure Common rail Systems would Handle the Light Crude though..

As you say Illegal as Govco missed out on the Excise.!
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I do a coffee club at our local servo

Today I thought I'd ask the barista about how much **** they've been copping about fuel prices - people have been flat out abusing her and the servo staff over pricing thinking they're actually responsible for the price increases.

She makes coffee for a living at a servo bro, people thinking this white woman in her 20s calling the shots over at OPEC, she makes one phone call to her friends in Saudi Arabia and the prices jump through the roof so let's abuse her for her crimes against the hard working common man just trying to put food on the table

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-10-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #39
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I do a coffee club at our local servo

Today I thought I'd ask the barista about how much **** they've been copping about fuel prices - people have been flat out abusing her and the servo staff over pricing thinking they're actually responsible for the price increases.

She makes coffee for a living at a servo bro, people thinking this white woman in her 20s calling the shots over at OPEC, she makes one phone call to her friends in Saudi Arabia and the prices jump through the roof so let's abuse her for her crimes against the hard working common man just trying to put food on the table
It never ceases to amaze me just how irrational and stupid a lot of people are !! Unfortunately they can also Vote. LOL!
4 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #40
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
It never ceases to amaze me just how irrational and stupid a lot of people are !! Unfortunately they can also Vote. LOL!
My Local Servo (united) happens to offer some of the best pricing around but also has a wedge shaped forecourt which tends to create confusion and rage with the jostling for spots..

A guy ahead of me at the counter was giving the cashier a hard time, and he only purchased a packet of chips and some smokes.
the cashier told me he comes in nearly every day.

These guys are on minimum wage no doubt, and have to put up with a lot of crap. I sympathize with them as my first job was at a servo
2 users like this post:
Old 21-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #41
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't mind Kypez is sitting back laughing at us all atm.
Old 23-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #42
nstg8a

I’ve noticed there is practically zero talk in the media about inflation….

It’s coming and it’s gonna bite hard. This is just the start.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #43
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Some of the Crude Oil from Qld was/is very Light weight & almost Diesel Like..
Trucks would Run on It, though you needed to change Filters far more often.
Not To sure how Modern High Pressure Common rail Systems would Handle the Light Crude though..

As you say Illegal as Govco missed out on the Excise.!
They were used in tipper trucks, just dumping rocks to reclaim land near Or on the Brisbane River container wharves, because they were running at very low rpm compared to highway trucks, it was not too hard on the engines, but they had to be maintained on a regular basis, as you say filters etc!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post