Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #15991
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Indeed - I can only imagine what “Bon Scott vs Lockdown” would have looked like.

You know what CB, he would of handled it standing on his head, too easy, that guy had more front than Woolworths!
And he like me love our own company, even now at 68 I still sit and write poetry, never boring, he wrote songs, some handle confinement, like a precious gift, yet others compound and go mad!
Old 14-10-2021, 10:22 AM   #15992
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Ah crap, a bad day indeed for Vic today: 2297 cases and 11 deaths.

Not good.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #15993
Trevor 57
is now there

Brett said it was coming - just over 2 weeks after Grand Final

Selfish bastards

A great indicator of the mentality is those 2 idiots in jail in W.A. - then they have to face charges in Darwin. As soon as they walk out the door they will be re-arrrested and shipped to Darwin to face N.T. charges of fraud etc
Old 14-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #15994
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m sorry for Victoria to be weathering this, after a world record in cumulative locked down days - it’s like an evil joke on the citizens.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #15995
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Brett said it was coming - just over 2 weeks after Grand Final

Selfish bastards

A great indicator of the mentality is those 2 idiots in jail in W.A. - then they have to face charges in Darwin. As soon as they walk out the door they will be re-arrrested and shipped to Darwin to face N.T. charges of fraud etc
Whilst I appreciate your frustrations, Trev, I think it's a little unfair to blame it all on those who celebrated the GF in illegal ways, or those who aren't quite following the rules explicitly as your posts tend to focus on. Delta is a very virulent strain and we would still be seeing high numbers even if everyone followed the rules to the letter of the law. All the rules in the world aren't going to stop Delta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #15996
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vic's vaccine rush really only came about end of Aug, start of Sept. I think the figure is still over 90% of those in hospitals are not fully vaccinated. So yeh, we are going to get quite a few deaths until we have caught up with the vaccine cycle. Probably just in time for Nov international travel.

Vic's hospitilisation and ICU is now on par with NSW.

Its looking like keeping WA and QLD borders closed until they achieve 80% (or even 90%) makes perfect sense for those living there. IMHO.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #15997
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 407 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9680 (from 0.9700) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 2,297 cases in the current period (another new record) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0688 (from 1.0356) while the actual line moves above the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 14-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #15998
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Whilst I appreciate your frustrations, Trev, I think it's a little unfair to blame it all on those who celebrated the GF in illegal ways, or those who aren't quite following the rules explicitly as your posts tend to focus on. Delta is a very virulent strain and we would still be seeing high numbers even if everyone followed the rules to the letter of the law. All the rules in the world aren't going to stop Delta.
I live in a regional area where the numbers are creeping up, there is a two-fold problem - AFL Grand Final and a migrant population similar to the Broadmeadows area of Melbourne when family home interchange is common practice

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lockdown.html
Old 14-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #15999
zilo
BANNED

It's a sad indictment of Australian society that fanatics,inspired by grown men chasing a stupid piece of oval leather, will go to criminal lengths to expose entire communities to sickness and death.

Just another affirmation to me that AFL fanatics are cerebrally challenged.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #16000
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
It's a sad indictment of Australian society that fanatics,inspired by grown men chasing a stupid piece of oval leather, will go to criminal lengths to expose entire communities to sickness and death.

Yeah but it was a long time between drinks for Melbourne fans, as a suffering St Kilda supporter (more observer these days) I would go to unusual lengths to see a Grand Final that we had a strong chance of winning.

I agree with your point, imagine NRL fans, all 5 of them would be rogue
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #16001
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

China to test up to 200,000 Wuhan blood samples in COVID-19 origin probe twist

China is preparing to test tens of thousands of blood bank samples from the city of Wuhan as part of a probe into the origins of COVID-19, according to a Chinese official.

The move comes amid increasing calls for transparency over the emergence of the virus.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/china-to-test-up-to-200000-wuhan-blood-samples
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #16002
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:

here here - all through this pandemic the footballers of all codes think they above the rest of us
Old 14-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #16003
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeah but it was a long time between drinks for Melbourne fans, as a suffering St Kilda supporter (more observer these days)
Geez, you sound like me - GO SAINTS!!!!!
Old 14-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #16004
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I live in a regional area where the numbers are creeping up, there is a two-fold problem - AFL Grand Final and a migrant population similar to the Broadmeadows area of Melbourne when family home interchange is common practice

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lockdown.html
There goes those two theories, Trev.

VIC: Is today's spike the result of a grand final parties?
Victoria's COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar doesn't think so.

"We continue to see about 55% rate of new households which indicates that half of the cases each day... half of those are happening within existing households.

"It is likely many other members of the household will get it.

"It is the same picture we have seen all the way along."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 14-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #16005
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:

Might of missed it but, did these two dastardly criminals actually test positive??
Horses for courses… Try home invasions, horrific assaults, sexual assaults…
Slap on the wrist at best!
The world (and the Media) has gone feckin stark raving mad I swear!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 14-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #16006
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 13th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,029 new cases for Australia and 17 deaths so the CMR is 1.108%.

55 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.588%.

The UK had 41,536 cases yesterday and 136 deaths for a CMR of 1.669%.

104,369 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,942 deaths sees CMR at 1.624%.

Other notable points:

Latvia (2,236) - the previous high on 31/12/20; and
Belarus (2,060)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Slovakia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 01:44 PM   #16007
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Ha, a week eh, lol, mine were 12 months, home from school, bedroom and if my brothers had mates in, back to bedroom, 4 hours church every Sunday, 10 till noon and 6 till 8pm. No TV or radio, just school and church, that was turned into an advantage too, I was smarter than anyone if it came to being cunning, even skimming 5 bob out of the collection plate, morning and evening service, bought ciggies for the week, sold on at school, nice profit, first thing I bought was food, always hungry, then ciggies, that was worse than today's lockdown!
Mate… you remind me of….
https://youtu.be/VKHFZBUTA4k
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 14-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #16008
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeah but it was a long time between drinks for Melbourne fans, as a suffering St Kilda supporter (more observer these days) I would go to unusual lengths to see a Grand Final that we had a strong chance of winning......
Yep... a bit of that + a bit of "rich man's syndrome" + a bit of its "just two of us, won't make a difference".

Not excusing the act but I can understand why they did it. I nearly donated a kidney to charity to be at the 2013 grand final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Might of missed it but, did these two dastardly criminals actually test positive??
Horses for courses… Try home invasions, horrific assaults, sexual assaults…
Slap on the wrist at best!
The world (and the Media) has gone feckin stark raving mad I swear!
Tested negative. I think the severity of the punishment had something to do with the extraordinary lengths that they went to in concealing their deed. Even took out a tenancy agreement in NT to trick officials into thinking they lived there.

Jail term seems really harsh, but imagine if they did in fact bring the virus over, and seeded delta in WA. Would have had a disastrous impact on a lot of lives and livelihoods given vax rates. I think the jail term under 12 months was deliberate, as to not affect their longer term job and travel prospects.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 02:57 PM   #16009
J Arthur Rank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post

China is preparing to test tens of thousands of blood bank samples from the city of Wuhan as part of a probe into the origins of COVID-19, according to a Chinese official.

The move comes amid increasing calls for transparency over the emergence of the virus.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/china-to-test-up-to-200000-wuhan-blood-samples

What's the point I wonder? You can't believe a word out of those dickheads mouths anyway (CCP, not the citizens). If they were interested in transparency rather than saving face, they'd have shown some since the beginning.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #16010
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

well being an avid sports follower myself there is no excuse in the world imo whilst we/you been in lockdown.
No matter your club hasn't been in it for decades/or x years this is just pure and utter negligence and selfishness now causing people more concerns and all.
There is nothing to understand but hey live it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 14-10-2021, 03:02 PM   #16011
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
here here - all through this pandemic the footballers of all codes think they above the rest of us
yes thats how it presents, they are special eh.
AFL/NRL the main culprits - could have been worse could have been better.
I don't watch or get into the southern one BUT having been locked up and wearing out my couch as many of us have was thankful to watch sport even though I'm no nrl tragic thats for sure, watched more games recently than I have in 10yrs lol......
Shame they come across as entitled spoilt mongrels but thats their dna and culture.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 14-10-2021, 03:05 PM   #16012
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER

Yeah, this will expose the thruth

They have already said they believed it originated in the US, and couldn't have possibly come from the lab that was doing gain of function research, trying to weaponize coronaviruses from bats. That the first area to suffer an outbreak of covid 19 was the area around this lab was just a coincidence
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #16013
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
There goes those two theories, Trev.

VIC: Is today's spike the result of a grand final parties?
Victoria's COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar doesn't think so.

"We continue to see about 55% rate of new households which indicates that half of the cases each day... half of those are happening within existing households.

"It is likely many other members of the household will get it.

"It is the same picture we have seen all the way along."
yes, but where did it start? GF day
Old 14-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #16014
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Even took out a tenancy agreement in NT to trick officials into thinking they lived there.
and NT haven't finished with them

Forgetting COVID, they committed fraud - criminal offence in anyones language
Old 14-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #16015
hayseed

Quote:
Biggest trouble is, Govco is addicted to the gambling revenue...hence football & racing didn't stop during the last 20 odd Months...
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 04:19 PM   #16016
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Wednesday was strong in Covid vaccination for NSW.

The state is now at 91,4 and 77,8 percent first and second doses respectively, for the measured component of the population. 80% double dosed is likely to be passed during Friday. Hopefully in the coming weeks this will reduce pressure on hospitals.

Finally two more things are starting to get decent airing - Coronavirus vaccination for the 5-12 age group seems imminently possible, and enough people are stripping the spin away to expose poor rates of vaccination among multiple indigenous communities. This latter point really is a national stain, it’s not like the challenge was hitherto unknown.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #16017
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Biggest trouble is, Govco is addicted to the gambling revenue...hence football & racing didn't stop during the last 20 odd Months...
Or you can say they were handled successfully low risk and gave people under lockdown something to do/watch/be entertained by. Pretty important.

5 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #16018
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Wednesday was strong in Covid vaccination for NSW.

The state is now at 91,4 and 77,8 percent first and second doses respectively, for the measured component of the population. 80% double dosed is likely to be passed during Friday. Hopefully in the coming weeks this will reduce pressure on hospitals.

Finally two more things are starting to get decent airing - Coronavirus vaccination for the 5-12 age group seems imminently possible, and enough people are stripping the spin away to expose poor rates of vaccination among multiple indigenous communities. This latter point really is a national stain, it’s not like the challenge was hitherto unknown.
A lot of them don't trust the white man.

And vaxxing kids is disgraceful imo. Unless they have health issues. UK has already ruled out vaxxing kids because the risk far outweighs the rewards. Kids getting sick or dying from covid is so rare that side effects of the jab are worse.
Old 14-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #16019
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Or you can say they were handled successfully low risk and gave people under lockdown something to do/watch/be entertained by. Pretty important.
I reckon that they were seen by most people locked down as given preferential treatment, and even then some of the players and officials were whinging. It was pretty bloody obvious they were out of touch with what was happening in the 'real world' and I use the 'real world' coz a lot of these people have lost touch with the real world
Old 14-10-2021, 05:08 PM   #16020
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I’m sorry for Victoria to be weathering this, after a world record in cumulative locked down days - it’s like an evil joke on the citizens.
Or another way of looking at it is that NSW is cursed with the false hope of having beat it before we inevitably head back up whilst Victoria has just reached what covid-normal daily figures are going to look like for us all soon. They didn't "beat" the final wave.

It's all somewhat academic now.
Closed Thread