Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 15-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #1
big_pierre
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth Hands Free - BA Falcon - Iphone

Hi all

Our beloved BA Falcon has a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth handsfree car kit installed. It used to work like a charm with the old iphones, but with anything after iphone 8, the remote party hears a really bad echo of their own voice. I dont know if this is iphone hardware / software related, but something in the iphone has changed in the past couple of years. We've tried iphone 8, 11 and 12, but all are bad.

I've bought a "quality" Blueant handfree and also an el-cheapo hands free from ebay, but the same problem is there with both of them.

I cant seem to find any useful info about this problem on the iphone forums

I spoke to a car audio place but they said there is really no option to change out the car stereo for a blue-tooth enabled system, because the stereo is integrated into the dash.

So I am hoping that someone here might have had a similar issue and was able to find a fix.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks very much

Pete
big_pierre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Bluetooth Hands Free - BA Falcon - Iphone

i tried everything and ended up putting a head unit in the tissue box spot. it worked with the steering wheel controls so i had seek to answer and hang up.

if i still had the bf i would have put in an overline icc. but at $1500 it could be worth more than the car
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

and i've put a factory BA/BF bluetooth in hers & a modified factory [ford escape] bluetooth in mine, both with hang-up function altho mine can ring last number dialled. but we don't use apple. some have also put in the 'parrot' system, dunno how well it works tho.

i won't be bothering with fitting aftermarket stereo nor ICC.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the parrot one sucked. it lasted 2 days in mine and it ended up in the bin
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: