Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-01-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Default AUII XR Driving Light Replacement

Hi All,

I thought i'd put this to the panel of experts on here about this issue. My drivers side headlight (main driving light not the high beam) has a smashed glass lense. What i would like to know is, can i replace the just the driving light or will i have to replace the entire assembly. Also i would like to know the cost of either the whole unit or just the driving light.

Lastly has anyone managed to change the drivers side light without taking the XR front bar spoiler off? I mean if worse comes to worse i can manage to undo one side of the bar and slide it half off to get to the light assy bolts, but if theres any easier way than that it would be good.

Thanks in advance,
Gary.
Old 16-01-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

you would have no chance in hell of replacing a headlight without taking the bar off mate sorry lol

not that hard to take off

already had to do it a couple times this last week lol
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

You will have to take the front completely off. As for the headlight, I think you can just buy a replacement from any auto spares shop.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #4
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Time for some headlamp protectors Gaz.
Old 17-01-2005, 03:04 AM   #5
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

The complete headlight assyembly is about $300+....somthing that others may like to know the plastic dust cocer that fits around the headlight assembly will set u back $49.00 each. all prices from ford dealers
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Time for some headlamp protectors Gaz.
Agree with that...

I put mine on the week I bought the car, 3yrs later I washed the car and as you do take em off, thought "hey this looks different, Im going to leave em off for a while" two days later, smashed a headlight.

Then I bought a hydraulic jack and stands to do it myself, was going to do mesh and all that... the jack didn't fit under the car... I gave up and got Ford to fix it...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #7
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

classic Mr Cube...you sure need a low lying jack to get under these things.

I had the covers on for a while (don't mind it either) a while ago left them off. Too lazy to put them back on for now.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 01:31 PM   #8
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you jack up the car a bit with the one out of the boot you can get the hydro one in easy
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont99
If you jack up the car a bit with the one out of the boot you can get the hydro one in easy
Looks like the whole nose will have to come off. Shouldn't be a drama and will get that done this saturday. I bought a new driving light (low beam) from Ford for $130. Yes they are Hella and made in Germany, it comes with new low and high beam globes which is ok. :