Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #61
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I was working on them

Forum activity.

Summary

The first two charts look at the overall top level category headings in raw numbers and percentage.

As usual, the General area dominates with 30.4% of all posts, ahead of the Club/Speciality (24.68%) and Ford Passenger (19.4%) sections.

Sections

The General section is dominated by the Pub with 44.4% of the posts (slightly up from when we last looked) followed by the Bar (29.0% and slightly down) with Show'nShine steady (8.7%) in third place.

The Club section is still led by ORSM Cruisers (slightly down at 18.7%) ahead of the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (also slightly down at 17%) and the Ford Coupe Club (slightly up to 13.6%).

The forum based car clubs continue to be led by OzECruisers (down 6.4% to 38.5%), ahead of AU Falcon (up slightly to 27.7%) and B-Series (up almost 2% to 21.6%).

The Passenger Car section (after some changes were made to the format) is now led by FPV and Boss Powered (with 16.6%) ahead of Territory (15.7%) and Contemporary (15.5%).

The Workshop area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.4% of the posts followed by LPG (11.2%) and Ford 6 (10.5%).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #62
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Geez, I didnt even know tools of the trade existed. I'll have go to check it out!

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #63
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Thanks Russ. It is interesting to see how and where the forum has grown.
Old 19-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #64
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: AFF Statistics

Now that we have the new server (largely) bedded in it is probably a good time to revisit these.

I have noticed some substantial changes in the figures the last two weeks in pages served and server responses so clearly some of the changes we have made in terms of threads per page and number of search results have worked in reducing the overall server workload.

Anyway, for January and February.

Unique Daily Visits
Currently running between 90-100,000 per month and fairly steady at that.

New Registrations
All over the place for reasons beyond my comprehension. Currently running anywhere from 750-1100 per week.

Bandwidth Used
This had got back up to over 15 Gb a day despite the addition of compression to the served data (which was done mid June 2010) - it had actually dropped into the 12-13 Gb range when we first started using compression but the current server is running in the mid 20's which is back above where it was uncompressed. Not absolutely sure why at this stage!

Pages Served
This has been the main target, it had been running above 650,000 per day (and it totalled 21 million in January) but since the upgrade it is averaging just under 600,000 per day and slowly coming down.

Server Responses (Hits)
This figure had also crept up to around the 2 million a day mark (totalling almost 63 million in January) and post upgrade this has dropped to about 1.8 million per day thanks to the reduced page loads.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 03-07-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 19-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #65
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

The new registrations graph is odd. Seeing the data like this it makes you wonder what spikes it. There wasn't any new model releases or any major announcements in the world of Ford in January/February that I missed were there?
Old 20-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #66
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

It makes even less sense when viewed on a daily basis (for the last 3 months):

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #67
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

All those new user registrations are in fact from new users are they?

What I mean by that, is I know some spammers who have bots who randomly sign up to forums and then spam ads onto them.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #68
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
All those new user registrations are in fact from new users are they?

What I mean by that, is I know some spammers who have bots who randomly sign up to forums and then spam ads onto them.
Russell manually approves every new Registration - they sit in a queue to be checked before they get any access. He does an IP address check and there are many areas in the world where Spammers come from and manually looks at all the emails & user names - these give a pretty good indication of genuine members or spammers.

No-one gets automatic access as this would be chaos to sort after the fact.

GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #69
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Fair enough, that makes sense. Cheers for clearing that up.

It is mighty strange that there's a spike that huge at the start of the year.

So to clarify, does that spike of new registrations include EVERY registration (including ones that Russell declines), or just the ones that he approves and allows on the forums?
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 20-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #70
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

It only reflects the approved members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Fair enough, that makes sense. Cheers for clearing that up.

It is mighty strange that there's a spike that huge at the start of the year.

So to clarify, does that spike of new registrations include EVERY registration (including ones that Russell declines), or just the ones that he approves and allows on the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #71
Geez Louise
Awesome

What are the other figures like Russ? The ones for the different sub sections? Can you do a three month comparision on those? (I know, I know... I am pushy!)
Old 20-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #72
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
The new registrations graph is odd. Seeing the data like this it makes you wonder what spikes it. There wasn't any new model releases or any major announcements in the world of Ford in January/February that I missed were there?
First details of new Territory? When were the first shots of the unmasked Territory mules?
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #73
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Ok, here is the subsection data.

Summary

The first two charts look at the overall top level category headings in raw numbers and percentage.

As usual, the General area dominates with 30.53% of all posts (slightly up), ahead of the Club/Speciality (24.44%) and Ford Passenger (19.66%) sections.

General Topics

Still dominated by the Pub with an unchanged 44.4% of the posts in this area, followed by The Bar (28.7% and slightly down) and everything else a distant place holder.

Club

This section is still led by ORSM Cruisers (slightly down at 18.0%) ahead of the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (also slightly down at 16.1%) and the Ford Coupe Club (slightly down to 13.4%).

Forum based car clubs

This continues to be led by OzECruisers (down slightly to 37.9%), ahead of AU Falcon (steady at 27.6%) and B-Series (up to 22.2%).

Passenger Cars

This section (after some changes were made to the format) is now led by FPV and Boss Powered (down slightly to 16.3%) ahead of Territory (steady at 15.5%) and Contemporary (15.4%).

Workshop

This area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.4% of the posts followed by LPG (11.2%) and Ford 6 (10.6%).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #74
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Of equal interest are the page views for the forums which jumble some of the order slightly and provide some insight into what people actually read.

The data is not for the entire life of AFF but it represents the last 95 million page views.

For simplicity I have used the same categories as above.

Summary

As usual, the General area dominates with 32.41% of all views, ahead of the Ford Passenger (25.59%) and Club/Speciality (18.86%) sections.

General Topics

Still dominated by the Pub with 45.6% of the views in this area, followed by The Bar (19.8%) and Show'n'Shine with 12.0%.

Club

This section is led by the Ford Coupe Club with 17.3% of the views ahead of ORSM Cruisers (13.3%) and the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (13.1%).

Forum based car clubs

This continues to be led by OzECruisers (34.4%), ahead of AU Falcon (32.4%) and B-Series (18.8%).

Passenger Cars

This section is led by Contemporary (17.1%), marginally ahead of Territory (16.4%) and FPV / Boss Powered (14.9%).

Workshop

This area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.9% of the views followed by LPG (10.7%) and Windsor (9.6%).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 20-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #75
Geez Louise
Awesome

Russ, the first chart is not loading for me?
Old 21-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #76
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Could it be dealers trying to push old stock ready for the new year.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #77
Geez Louise
Awesome

It has been a few months, can we have an update on these please Russ?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #78
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I shall try and do a set later in the week after I get through the scanning!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #79
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

For the YTD to the end of June.

Unique Daily Visits
Currently running between 95-105,000 per month.

New Registrations
Stabilised somewhat after the earlier inconsistency this year - running anywhere from 550-650 per week.

Bandwidth Used
This had got back down to the 12-13 Gb a day mark when we last looked but it is now running back in the low 20's as an average and a total of 614.4 Gb in June.

Pages Served
This had been the main target to lower after the upgrade - it had been running above 650,000 per day but immediately after the upgrade it was averaging under 600,000 per day and slowly coming down but this trend has now reversed again and we are back over the 650,000 mark with some days peaking at 750,000 and a total in June of 20.1 million pages..

Server Responses (Hits)
This figure has also crept back up to around the 2 million a day mark (totalling almost 62 million in June) after showing a drop immediately post upgrade.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #80
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Summary

As usual, the General area dominates with 30.74% of all posts (up), ahead of the Club/Speciality with 23.91% (down) and Ford Passenger 19.90% (up) sections.

General Topics

Still dominated by the Pub with a slightly imptoved 44.6% of the posts in this area, followed by The Bar (28.1% and slightly down) and everything else a distant place holder.

Club

This section is still led by ORSM Cruisers (steady at 18.0%) ahead of the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (slightly dowwn at 15.9%) and the Ford Coupe Club (slightly up to 13.6%).

Forum based car clubs

This continues to be led by OzECruisers (down slightly to 37.1%), ahead of AU Falcon (steady at 27.7%) and B-Series (up to 23.1%).

Passenger Cars

This section (after some changes were made to the format) is now led by FPV and Boss Powered (down slightly to 16.0%) ahead of Contemporary (15.5%) which overtook Territory (steady at 15.4%).

Workshop

This area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.6% of the posts followed by LPG (11.0%) and Ford 6 (10.5%) - all fractionally down.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #81
Geez Louise
Awesome

You did that quick! Thanks Russ. Appreciate you sharing the information with forum members
Old 05-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #82
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Territory edging closer to be no:1 in Passenger Cars.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #83
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks for the update Russ!
Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #84
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Territory edging closer to be no:1 in Passenger Cars.
I think the onset of the SZ has really brought popularity.
LPG is 2nd in the workshop second ahead of Ford 6's ... damn Cleveland hold a big share in the Workshop section.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #85
SSFPARTSGUY
Genuine Ford Parts

Hey Russ, any chance of a more recent look as to how we stack up against other forums? I must admit, I did try to use Big Boards but I just found it confusing and scary. Cheers, Zane

PH. (07) 3008 6277 email: parts@southsideford.com.au
SSFPARTSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #86
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I'd love to but since we blocked their annoying bots about 4 months ago, we don't appear on their stats any more!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #87
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

For the YTD to the end of Q3 (September).

Unique Daily Visits
Currently running between 100-105,000 per month.

New Registrations
Stabilised somewhat after the earlier inconsistency this year - running anywhere from 600-750 per week.

Bandwidth Used
This had been running in the low 20 Gb per day mark when we last looked and it is now running between 10-20 Gb / day as an average and a total of 591.4 Gb in September.

Pages Served
This had been the main target to lower after the upgrade - it had been running above 650,000 per day but immediately after the server upgrade it was averaging under 600,000 per day and slowly coming down but this trend has now reversed again and we are back over the 700,000 mark with some days peaking above 800,000 and a total in September of 21.6 million pages..

Server Responses (Hits)
This figure had also crept back up to around the 2 million a day mark but blocking a whole range of known spamming IP addresses has seen it back in the 1.8-1.9 million mark (totalling 55.8 million in September).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #88
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Summary

As usual, the General area dominates with 30.74% of all posts (steady), ahead of the Club/Speciality with 23.58% (down) and Ford Passenger 20.21% (up) sections.

General Topics

Still dominated by the Pub with a slightly improved 44.7% of the posts in this area, followed by The Bar (27.5% and slightly down) and everything else a distant place holder.

Club

This section is still led by ORSM Cruisers (down to 17.6%) ahead of the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (slightly down at 15.4%) and the Ford Coupe Club (slightly up to 13.9%).

Forum based car clubs

This continues to be led by OzECruisers (down to 36.3%), ahead of AU Falcon (steady at 27.7%) and B-Series (up to 23.7%).

Passenger Cars

This section (after some changes were made to the format) is now led by FPV and Boss Powered (down slightly to 15.7%) ahead of Contemporary (15.6%) which overtook Territory (steady at 15.3%).

Workshop

This area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.3% of the posts followed by LPG (10.9%) and Ford 6 (10.6%) - all fractionally down except the 6's.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 30-12-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 15-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #89
Geez Louise
Awesome

Thanks for the update Russ. I appreciate the effort you put in to let us members know the areas in which the forum is moving.

Cheers
Col
Old 15-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #90
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Thanks for the effort putting those graphs together Russ, makes it so easy to read..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post