Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 13-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #1
paulie

Default forum options?

Not sure where to post, look or ask. So i posted a thread here i hope of some help.

Is there somewhere i can make changes to how i view threads?
Currently i seem to b viewing threads in reverse.

If there is a thread say with 4 pages the first actual post isn't at the top of page 1 for me.
Its at the bottom of page 4. Which is a real pain.
I can never read something and go later on "oh yeah its on page 2" or such. As the posts keep moving to different pages as new posts are made.

not to mention i have to scroll past any new posts to find wherr i was at last then start reading back. (Kinda like seeing the end of a movie before i see how it starts) a real pain in the butt...

So does anyone know how i can change it?

Cheers.
paulie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 12:20 AM   #2
mik_git

Default Re: forum options?

yep, just above your post in the blue bar on the very right, Display modes, set to linear.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
paulie

It is already.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #4
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While you're learning, get in the habit of saying the post number, rather than the page number like in the exampe you gave.

The problem with people saying 'page 2' is that people with 21st century internet have all the posts on 1 page so there isn't a page 2 ;)
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

How's that for you now paulie?

I just checked your 'Display Options' and it was set to 'Linear - newest first'.

I have changed it to 'Linear - oldest first'.

You can change these yourself in the User CP (Control Panel) - task bar top left.

Cheers. Raptor
Old 13-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
paulie

Ahhh thats it. Much better.

Was doing my head in lol.
Tried hybrid but that was a pain too lol.

Cheers mate.
Thread can be closed or deleted at mods will.
Old 13-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
While you're learning, get in the habit of saying the post number, rather than the page number like in the exampe you gave.

The problem with people saying 'page 2' is that people with 21st century internet have all the posts on 1 page so there isn't a page 2 ;)
Sorry to hijack the thread, but since it has been raised.....

How do you get only one page of posts. I've been in to the User CP and the most I can have is 50 posts per page? Is there another option I'm missing?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #8
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Just had a look around. Seems like 50 posts per page is the maximum.

It's what I have mine set too as well.

This user likes this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #9
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since it has been raised.....

How do you get only one page of posts. I've been in to the User CP and the most I can have is 50 posts per page? Is there another option I'm missing?
Sorry to be abit misleading, i meant when the thread count is low, and people refer to page 2, most people would only have one page (i think the default is 20?)

On other forums, the max is 100, so for every 5 pages, my display has 1 page.
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: