Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-07-2022, 10:12 AM   #1
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Wiring loom/harness fastening clip

Does anyone have a product they use?
This is to replace those black clips which hold various size wiring and tubes to the body. In what seems to be a 7.5mm hole. They seem to come with an anti rattle washer.

Looking at the website of Clips and Fasteners recommended here, all I can see is this Mazda one (although when you contact them they can point out products that don't seem to appear in website searches).

https://www.carpartsclipsandfastener...uskub5i6ucsfa4

Because there are different thickness looms, what would seem ideal is something like this incorporating a cable tie?

https://au.element14.com/pro-elec/pe...PPING-PLA-PMAX
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2022, 10:18 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Wiring loom/harness fastening clip

The clip-in cable ties are readily available with a couple of different fixing hole sizes. Some brands are made so they can be readily opened up and closed again.

You can also buy clip-in saddles that a regular cable tie loops through.

Lots of better prices than at E14 for your likely quantities, shop around.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i actually reuse what unbroken ones i have .... or when visiting wreckers remove what i can & keep [not overly hard just need correct tools]. an example - i havn't found any clips for the tailgate trim on mine [BA wagooon] of the correct diameter . . . . so i'm using commondore wagon clips! - very snug fit compared to what i was using. that 1st link of yours made me think of the plastic clip that holds the door lever cable to the door [BA/BF not sure re AU].
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 10:43 AM   #4
asimplelife
Donating Member2

Thankyou for the response.
The E14 one was just for an example of what I was trying to describe.

Can I please ask for some supplier names?
Sorry if I appear lazy, but I had already checked Clips and Fastener, Ebay and a general Google search, without anything really standing out for me.
Or are you saying just go down to SuperCheap? I can't seem to see anything online that they have.
Old 17-07-2022, 10:50 AM   #5
asimplelife
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
i actually reuse what unbroken ones i have .... or when visiting wreckers remove what i can & keep.
Yes I am doing the same thing right now as I strip down my 2x AU wagons (gave up trying to make 1 out of 2 and bought an old guys mint wagon on gas). As I am keeping all the wiring harnesses too, atm these clips are staying with the harnesses. Have a few hundred glass jars with lids and I am cataloguing every part I remove (because I just can't remember what's what).

I just thought with these harness clips, for 20 bucks I might be able to buy a pack of 50 or a 100 from somewhere which could be handy to have on the shelf in the years to come (I've still got another 4 sedans to finish off after the wagons).
I've already done the same thing with the 6 and 8mm scrivets and the bonnet insulation clips.
But haven't had as much luck finding these harness clips.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s not close to you but K&R (Seven Hills) are one supplier of the cable tie clips, I think they do the saddles as well. They’re mostly wholesale but accept walk-ins. As they self-package I don’t know if they are the importer or one down the food chain.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: