Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #331
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
James ring every dealer you can possibly get to eg even Geelong and see if they have a demo. I drove a demo in croydon and bought mine from sunbury.

Skramit where abouts is the dealer in Croydon? Might check in
Jamesy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #332
Basil brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy 88 View Post
I got acquainted with the recaros when I took the focus st for a test drive twice, very snug and would take a while to get used too.

As for the ride feel, I'm not to sure how the focus would compare to the fiesta
The dealer where I got mine from said the suspension was noticeably softer in the Focus as opposed to the Fiesta
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #333
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Having 400kg of extra heft will do that. Although the base model focus feels boatier than a ba falcon which I found weird when borrowing one during a service on the fiesta..
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #334
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just done a 700 odd k trip over the last few days, averaged out at 7lt/100 k's so pretty happy with that. Was probably 70% highway 30% city driving. Seems to be slight improvement as it loosens up, up to about 2500ks now
Old 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #335
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Having 400kg of extra heft will do that. Although the base model focus feels boatier than a ba falcon which I found weird when borrowing one during a service on the fiesta..
FoST weighs around 1430kg and FiST around 1190kg so there's less than 250kg in it.

(IMO) FiST is pitched at a younger demographic who want sharper handling and will be happy with (or happy to put up with) the jiggly ride (as a consequence)

I love the feeling every little bit of the road through the FiST, reminds me of a go-kart (with the handling of one to boot) while being way more comfortable.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #336
Aussie Al
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelSpecificity View Post
Yeah, coming into winter, I don't think I'll miss the leather seats in my Impreza. What's worse is the alloy gear knob which manages to turn into a block of ice!!

Yeah, I've got a few of those ones. I was thinking something more like this:

I have one of these, I have 600 songs on it, but the manual says the sound system will only see/recognise 255 songs.... So I have to Bluetooth my phone songs to get the full effect of 600 songs.....

Al
P.S Newbie WZ Fiesta Celestial Blue
Aussie Al is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #337
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

So guys I managed a test drive on Saturday through Knox ford. Im very pleased with how the fiST drives, so much down low torque even in the higher gears. You do notice the stiffer ride but it feels just right.

Think I've found my new car, however I'll have to wait it out a while longer due to the imminent purchase of mine and my girlfriends first home
- 2.5" XFORCE STAINLESS CAT BACK EXHAUST with 5" BALLISTIC B15 CAT - PROCESS WEST STAGE 2 INTERCOOLER KIT - TYPHOON SNORKLE AND K&N PANEL FILTER - COLOUR CODED EYELIDS - FG 18" XR RIMS - FULL BF XR 2.5 SKIRT KIT - DRIFT GAUGES IN SS INDUCTIONS POD - FRONT & REAR WHITELINE SWAYBARS - TURBOSMART KOMPACT BOV - 45LB BOSCH INJECTORS TUNED TO 310RWKW AT 15PSI BY BLUE POWER
Old 06-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #338
clem0x

Don't worry mate, just order it in if u can get away with a small deposit. The average wait from Germany is about 2 to 3 months :p

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 06-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #339
Skramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy 88 View Post
So guys I managed a test drive on Saturday through Knox ford. Im very pleased with how the fiST drives, so much down low torque even in the higher gears. You do notice the stiffer ride but it feels just right.

Was the sales rep Kim? If so avoid her at all costs and ask for a diff rep.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #340
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

@clem0x

I was told about a 3 month wait and that they only build them to order now, at least it gives me plenty of time to get my other car ready for sale

@skramit

Fortunately I was looked after by Tarah. I take it you've been stuffed around before by Kim?
- 2.5" XFORCE STAINLESS CAT BACK EXHAUST with 5" BALLISTIC B15 CAT - PROCESS WEST STAGE 2 INTERCOOLER KIT - TYPHOON SNORKLE AND K&N PANEL FILTER - COLOUR CODED EYELIDS - FG 18" XR RIMS - FULL BF XR 2.5 SKIRT KIT - DRIFT GAUGES IN SS INDUCTIONS POD - FRONT & REAR WHITELINE SWAYBARS - TURBOSMART KOMPACT BOV - 45LB BOSCH INJECTORS TUNED TO 310RWKW AT 15PSI BY BLUE POWER
Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #341
Skramit

Yes. We dealt with Kim and talk about annoying, brain dead, patronizing, rude, etc. I wrote a formal complaint about her to the dealer principal.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #342
Swoopdown

Anyone know where i can find the paint code for my FiST?
In my manual stuck in the back is
Colour - Ext/Int: Panther black/silverstone grey BK/S1
Is this the code?
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #343
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I think its just BK.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #344
clem0x

Hey guys I was looking around the car for another 12v feed to light up some interior LEDs to supplement the ambient lighting we have and came across this circular thing on the right of the pic. Can anybody comment on what this is? There's a plug to the back of it too. I don't want to tamper without knowing what it is in case it's for the airbag.

On a side note can anybody tell me where the best spot is to tap into the ambient lightning?

Cheers

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 08-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #345
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Has anyone else had their door scuff plates attached the wrong way around?! I only just noticed today that the plate in the passenger door sill has been attached backwards. Wtf haha. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Does anyone know how hard they are to take off? Or should I just wait for the 3000km service? That will be in a couple of weeks anyway as i'm sitting on about 2700km atm.
xr6turbo_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #346
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Also, does anyone know which K&N filter will fit in the ST?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #347
Swoopdown

I have a decent chip on the edge of my drivers door... opened into a metal ledge late the other night. So wanted to make sure i colour match.

Not sure on the plug mate. looks easy enough to take off.

K&N filter 33-2955 is what I have installed, less noise restrictive. not much in power until i get the tune.

Probably be easy to see on ebay now. alot more stuff for the FiST available.
Old 19-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #348
Cespenar
Huh?

Need some help in choosing.
Wife had bad dog attack and costs have blossomed so had to sell the AU.
I'm driving son-in-law's '06 Forrester atmo!
My daughter had an 09 Fiesta manual and the fuel consumption was great. Around Dubbo it was 8.1 l/100k (34 mpg) and a highway trip was 6 l/100k (46 mpg).
My wife only drives an auto (we are pensioners so don't advise manual please).
I would like to buy a 1.6 auto Fiesta, so wondered if the fuel consumption is worth it. Or is a Focus auto similar in economy?
Obviously a second hand car is our only option.
Cespenar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #349
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem0x View Post
Hey guys I was looking around the car for another 12v feed to light up some interior LEDs to supplement the ambient lighting we have and came across this circular thing on the right of the pic. Can anybody comment on what this is? There's a plug to the back of it too. I don't want to tamper without knowing what it is in case it's for the airbag.

imageimage

On a side note can anybody tell me where the best spot is to tap into the ambient lightning?

Cheers

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Anything to do with Airbags will be bright yellow connectors, if you see anything bright yellow, stay the **** away from it.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #350
Skramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
Need some help in choosing.
Wife had bad dog attack and costs have blossomed so had to sell the AU.
I'm driving son-in-law's '06 Forrester atmo!
My daughter had an 09 Fiesta manual and the fuel consumption was great. Around Dubbo it was 8.1 l/100k (34 mpg) and a highway trip was 6 l/100k (46 mpg).
My wife only drives an auto (we are pensioners so don't advise manual please).
I would like to buy a 1.6 auto Fiesta, so wondered if the fuel consumption is worth it. Or is a Focus auto similar in economy?
Obviously a second hand car is our only option.

You're probably asking in the wrong thread. The ST is manual only and is a proper sports car with hard suspension and all the kit.

Just grab a basic auto fiesta, the fuel economy is excellent.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #351
Riklink
Starter Motor

Hi guys,

Scraped underneath my bumper pretty bad last week and having real trouble finding touch up paint. Ford told me colour code F1 and said go to Auto1. However Auto1 don't have F1 in there system!

Anyone got any ideas? First scratch on my 3 month old ST! Hating it!

ps. its frozen white

Cheers
Riklink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #352
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklink View Post
Hi guys,

Scraped underneath my bumper pretty bad last week and having real trouble finding touch up paint. Ford told me colour code F1 and said go to Auto1. However Auto1 don't have F1 in there system!

Anyone got any ideas? First scratch on my 3 month old ST! Hating it!

ps. its frozen white

Cheers
Frozen White has been available since '06 so should be common place by now...

Ford Code | Description | Type
7VTAWWA | Frozen White | Solid

eBay listing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NE...-/331054745030

Amazon listing
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hycote-touch.../dp/B003RS0516
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #353
Riklink
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Frozen White has been available since '06 so should be common place by now...

Ford Code | Description | Type
7VTAWWA | Frozen White | Solid

eBay listing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NE...-/331054745030

Amazon listing
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hycote-touch.../dp/B003RS0516

Yeah I saw this but wasnt sure it was the same colour match cos it comes from the uk, and both city Ford and Sinclair Ford told me 2013 ST Frozen White Code F1?
Riklink is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #354
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe UK ST's come from the same factory as Australian ones, so you should be fairly safe buying the paint from there.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #355
NuMatthu
Starter Motor

Hi folks

Had my ST for a couple of weeks now. I've done something with the remote key.. I can no longer lock the car by pressing the button on the door. Can open it no problem, but won't lock now. Also the interior light seems to stay on for ages now. Read the manual and can't work out what I have done. Help!
NuMatthu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #356
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should be able to get paint at any auto paint shop, got Molten Orange made at the local shop here
Old 21-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #357
Skramit

Is everyone else's fuel filler receptor loose like mine? Just checking if this is by design. I found petrol leaking out yesterday when filling up but I hadn't put the nozzle in far enough. I hate the cap less refiller.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #358
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
Is everyone else's fuel filler receptor loose like mine? Just checking if this is by design. I found petrol leaking out yesterday when filling up but I hadn't put the nozzle in far enough. I hate the cap less refiller.
Mine moves around a bit if I move the nozzle while filling, but I haven't noticed it leaking?

I love the cap less refilling personally because I always used to forget to open the fuel cap at the servo!
Old 22-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #359
Swoopdown

I have a black Fist and got a quote $20 from dealer for touch up stick, or call some guy to come to your place and fix it for $$$

I had alook on ebay and saw 'paints4u' from UK seems pretty reputable and mate has used them before for chips on vw. got the ford panther black repair kit but havent had time to fix my scratch, will update later.

With the remote i remember the guy at ford held the buttons down and that changed the unlock pattern from both doors to only drive side.

Have you tired your spare key?
Old 23-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #360
aln
Starter Motor

Anyone upgraded to braided brake lines? If so what brand and did you find much difference?
aln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post