Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool 10+ cars doing 60kmh or more over in a row!

The other day I came across the most ANNOYING DRIVER!!! Went to the wilsons prom, came to catch onto a bunch of cars doing about 70 in the 100 zone, at the front was a new Holden Astra, then there would be a passing lane, and it would speed up to 110-120 or so, so no one would pass, then it would slow down again to about 70!! This went on about 5 times would you believe, everyone obviously getting annoyed, then we all came across roadworks, a 60 zone (no work being done, just no lines), where there was a passing lane, The Astra sped up, the 1st guy in the line was passing him no matter what, and so did everybody else, including me who was last in the line, we all did 130-140ish to pass the guy in the Astra doing 120 in the 60 zone roadworks! Couldnt believe this guy!

Imagine if there was a speed camera or a cop! We all would have lost our licences for 12 months!! And what do we say for an excuse?

(Wasnt dangerous though)

How annoying!!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I usually give drivers like that a wide berth, their either drunk or plain stupid and I'm not sure which one is more dangerous.

If you do get a ticket you'll know that there were five others who did as well, so I'd be asking the cops to ask them what there excuse was too (not that you would get an answer).

The road in and out of the Prom is a dangerous one for big reds (and other Australian wild life), I was surprised at how fast some people were driving at dusk and there were roos (the big red mofo's) crossing the road. :

Some people just don't deserve licences. out:
Old 15-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The person in the Astra was probably doing it for kicks, their are a lot of bloody nut jobs out their these days... :lookedat:
Old 15-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #4
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sometimes ramming people off the road seems like a viable option in situations like that!

if they want to drive slower than the speed limit, fine, but maintain a constant speed damn it!
Old 15-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

and be considerate, pull over and let people pass?
Old 15-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Id be worried about someone killing me if i was going slow for kicks

There are some idiots out there.
I think the bad drivers get scared on single lane roads, and go slow
So when a overtaking lane comes they feel more comfortable and speed up again

At least they stayed left, here they take up both lanes and theres no where to go
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man, it shits me up the wall when people do this. Sure, go for a nice sunday drive, but there's people out there who actually have to get places in a reasonable amount of time - i don't think these people consider this!

I feel bad as hell when i'm going below the limit and can't pull over safely (i.e. GOR in a loaded landcruiser). Whenever a chance arises, i'll pull in, or slow further when theres an overtaking opportunity. It add's what, 30 second's to my drive?

Just goes to show how ignorant/oblivious some people are when they get behind the wheel.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Sounds like you needed my GT to round them up. lol
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Shane and I had a simular problem on the drive back from Adelaide yesterday.
We found the best solution was not to bother with the over taking lane as there was no hope.
So having a bit of power we passed the slow train from the last 2 places on the grid. I know both of us had a glance at our speedo and agreed it was quick. I dont think we should admit how quick but that old gt of his does ok I tell you. It kept up with the Ba not a prob

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :

Last edited by Kev_BLNXR8_Ute; 15-03-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #10
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

try the drive between Traralgon and Sale on a regular basis.........it's a good run when you don't have someone doing it, and its extra annoying when you're using cruise control. Good thing I have 351 cubes to haul me past on single lane roads when the speed drops off again!
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
try the drive between Traralgon and Sale on a regular basis.........it's a good run when you don't have someone doing it, and its extra annoying when you're using cruise control. Good thing I have 351 cubes to haul me past on single lane roads when the speed drops off again!
Haha that road sucks balls.

(I used to live off Rosedale rd in longford, not far from sale).

Get stuck behind a granny and its a barrel of fun out:

Though i must say, drivers in WA seem a whole lot worse. Was the first thing i noticed here, prolly coz u only needed you L plates for 3 months till recently
Old 15-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
- i don't think these people consider this!
the whole point is they know damn well, thats why they do it, they think its fun.

one day they're gonna do it to a truck and the truck aint gonna slow down........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And this is the reason why I wan't a 4wd with a big *** BULLBAR, oh the fun.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #14
HOON69
Banned

usually in these type of cases is where i stick to about 1mm from his bumper,if he brakes then oh well a light impact but usually i dont have to get that close the shiny chrome bumper usually scares em off way before that. LOL :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #15
LUXO_8
windsor user

sure would be hey
Old 15-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #16
LUXO_8
windsor user

even more fun, is to simply have stackloads more power than them and show em up by passing them effortlessly............. then you are in control. do 30kph, 20kph if you like. then coz you're faster accalerate away when they look like they wanna pass...

that would be muchly more funner
Old 15-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
even more fun, is to simply have stackloads more power than them and show em up by passing them effortlessly............. then you are in control. do 30kph, 20kph if you like. then coz you're faster accalerate away when they look like they wanna pass...

that would be muchly more funner
lol, then you'd be no worse than what they are really... :gren:
Old 15-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #18
LUXO_8
windsor user

might **** em off enough to make em decide not to do it again.......
Old 15-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #19
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When driving along with slow people in front and when there is no where to pass, but places for them to let you past,(like slow car turn out lanes on the GOR)and they dont, I get a bit irate, lol, I used to flash people a bit, but it really doesnt work too well, they get annoyed more often than not, and will never let you past, But I learnt a better way!

Ill tell you all...

You stay behind with your passing indicator on. Its not as aggressive as flashing them, and they dont seem to get too annoyed and will more often than not let you past!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #20
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've gotto disagree - generally, i don't think people do it just to **** people off, they're just idiots. Except maybe for this case:

As for attempting to communicate your intentions/irate nature: The other night i was cruising down maroondah hwy in the landcruiser, and almost came up the back of a pair of AU's doing 60 in the 80 zone (...ok so i may have been a bit over). Now i don't care if people go slow in the left lane, but this ****ing wagon was sitting there right beside the other. not gaining nor dropping off. As soon as i came up behind him (because i didn't realise he was going so danm slow) he was on the brakes, for no reason more than to **** me off. I dropped back straight away; i understand it can be intimidating/annoying being tailated by a 4wd, especially at night. So this bozo keeps trundling along at the same speed. Past all the turnout lanes in sight (i.e. he wasn't turning)...
so i let my emotion's loose, wrong i know, but i was ****ed off....i flashed the bastard...500W of high beam penetrated the wagon like an X-Ray. What did he do? at first nothing, then casually glanced in his rear view, then almost locked it up he stood on the brakes so hard. He obviously thought it would be a whole lot more dramatic than it was; the 30m between us (at 60 remember) gave me more than enough time to indicate, change lanes, pass him, indicate, change lanes, and go on my merry way. All in all a good result, i thought. So there i am cruising down the highway, and who do you tihnk decides to fill up my rear-view with a pair of AU headlights on high beam?

I know some of you will label me the bully in this situation, admittedly i shoulda handled it better. but christ...at least i wasn't the ******** in the wagon...

Anyway sorry about that...

wheres that rant off emoticon?

ahhha!
:

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #21
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
usually in these type of cases is where i stick to about 1mm from his bumper,if he brakes then oh well a light impact but usually i dont have to get that close the shiny chrome bumper usually scares em off way before that. LOL :
Bags NOT driving in front of you on the cruise...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 11:41 PM   #22
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Bags NOT driving in front of you on the cruise...
:tosser1: hmmm spam ya cruise thread

and dont you forget it..

love the 4bee story i would of done the same i reckon.... :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #23
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I've had a few people abuse me on the way to work in the mornings driving along the South Gippy Hwy.

Turn off the Monash Fwy onto the Sth Gippy and you will very shortly come to a bend to the right. I always seem to look down at my speedo at this point and notice myself sitting on about 80-85kph. I don't know why, I just always seem to drop back massively at that bend [just before you pass under the bridge]. Someone will crack the sads, change lanes and attempt to overtake, then we'll come to the straight and I speed up again. I seem to do it every morning without fail, and without noticing meaning to do it, and I always seem to get the high beams or a beep.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #24
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
love the 4bee story i would of done the same i reckon.... :
Except for the part where you would go for the...

Quote:
usually in these type of cases is where i stick to about 1mm from his bumper,if he brakes then oh well a light impact
...option instead.
:
Old 16-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
Shane and I had a simular problem on the drive back from Adelaide yesterday.
We found the best solution was not to bother with the over taking lane as there was no hope.
So having a bit of power we passed the slow train from the last 2 places on the grid. I know both of us had a glance at our speedo and agreed it was quick. I dont think we should admit how quick but that old gt of his does ok I tell you. It kept up with the Ba not a prob
Next time I pass you, try having the window down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #26
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

I get this problem all the time on the way to and from work.
Its a 70km/h road all the way but some idiots will usually sit on 60.
Just ****es me off, theres usually a lineup of cars behind me too wanting to pass also.
So when the road splits into 2 lanes I usually just back off for a second, then mash the accelerator till im a metre or so behind this driver and quickly dodge into the next lane and roar past him/her.

Most of the time it isn't dickheads doing this on purpose, just bloody old people or females. Damn they **** me off with their shitty driving.
Feel like ramming their asses all the time with a bullbar!

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 01:29 AM   #27
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

i get dickheads all the time just hitting their brakes infront of me for no reason when i am a good distance behind them, then abusing the hell out of me

and sad as it is to say it, the last two have been a tool in an AU, and a pair of tools in a nice new BA xr8......... need a water pistol full of dogs **** or brake fluid or something for tards like that

chris
Old 16-03-2005, 02:39 AM   #28
Jase
-Village Idiot-

Quote:
Some dick cut me off bad the other day, so me being a dick sat on right his ****, for some reason i backed of a tiny bit and Bang! The ******** slammed on his brakes. Locked it up n all.
Lucky Im a super duper driver and missed him without much fuss.

Bloody tool
Old 16-03-2005, 04:02 AM   #29
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I think we could all add a story a day to this thread.
So long as you're in a tolerant mood, driving can be quite amusing at times.
Old 16-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #30
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I remember one specific time in my EA, coming home from Noosa, there's this particular way I go (People up my way will know what I'm on about) along Beckmans Road, and where St. Andrews Drive joins up, I didn't see some guys slowing to turn into St. Andrews Drive, and just missed them, while in my rear view mirror, I see a gold AU sitting on my @$$, and even at 80 clicks, he is still right on my bumper. So I slow down. Tap the brake to keep them alert. Then turn into Cooroy-Tewantin Road, and I took off.

They caught up, and heading back toward Cooroy, there's a massive hill just before Tinbeerwah, two lanes going up, for obvious reasons, and this AU goes by me, sits in between the two lanes until the top of the hill, while traffic is coming, and then takes off. It was his ****in fault for sitting on my @$$ all that way, and I was in the wrong by slowing down, but the impatience is astounding.