Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > KPM Motorsport

KPM Motorsport Leading BA-FG Performance Development Adelaide/Australia. Website Link

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #61
TUF514
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,992
Default

the I's have it. lol.

tune it till it kills itself.... then you know what to expect for next time.
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #62
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Is that your face, or did you neck throw up
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
I second that thought.
Push it to see what the kit is cabable of!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm am pritty sure we know what a 2.3ltr Whipple would be capable of producing...

AGRO why don't you step forward to pay to rebuild the motor when it blows.. Shouldn't cost anymore then 15grand with stronger internals....
__________________
Built by HERROD MOTORSPORT

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #63
TUF514
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,992
Default

If you got a thread going that all active members put in 2 dollars, then im sure the cost would be covered easily.......
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #64
XRQTOR
Banned
 
XRQTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Livin On The Edge
Posts: 6,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Shouldn't cost anymore then 15grand with stronger internals....
15k for just a rebuild, is that gold rods & piston's or something.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #65
XRQTOR
Banned
 
XRQTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Livin On The Edge
Posts: 6,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpieez_xb_ute
If you got a thread going that all active members put in 2 dollars, then im sure the cost would be covered easily.......
Well if you can put it together and get $1o,ooo I'll drop an alloy blocked 5.5L stroker in my car that'll support 15oorwhp. I'll pay the difference, install & tuning and put a Kenne Bell on it.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #66
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT
 
AGRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Country Vic
Posts: 697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I'm am pritty sure we know what a 2.3ltr Whipple would be capable of producing...

AGRO why don't you step forward to pay to rebuild the motor when it blows.. Shouldn't cost anymore then 15grand with stronger internals....
Jabba.
I am aware what a 2.3 ltr twin screw supercharger is capable of, if set up correctly. As with an Eaton M112 and Kenne Bell superchargers.
If tuned correctly, big hp is easily obtained.
15 k for an engine.........you must be using gold internals!!!!!!!!!!!
2.3 ltr whipple........... on our engines.......400 to 400+ rwkw.
NO........ our stock motors will NOT take that much power.
But, the supercharger is capable of that power level.
Try some R&D for yourself Jabba, and you too will know what it's like to destroy these motors above 400+rwkw with blown applications. We have been there and done that.

It's one thing to have the potential, but it's another to make it all come together as a package.


Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:05 AM   #67
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8
Donating Member3
 
SpoolMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22,772
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. 
Default

Guy’s this is a Sponsor's Forum the discussion should stay focust on its initial attention of supplying information to prospective Yella Terra Blower customers.


KPM & Herrod have posted in another thread (On the same topic) that if you’re chasing bigger than recommended power an internal upgrade of the engine is advised.
Manley rods etc.

Now back to the blower talk:
I know of 2 guys that are fitting these Yella Terra blowers a 260 & 290 so more feedback will be coming in soon.
__________________


AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang ET:11.22
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #68
DABOSS
BA Black Edition
 
DABOSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Guy’s this is a Sponsor's Forum the discussion should stay focust on its initial attention of supplying information to prospective Yella Terra Blower customers.


KPM & Herrod have posted in another thread (On the same topic) that if you’re chasing bigger than recommended power an internal upgrade of the engine is advised.
Manley rods etc.

Now back to the blower talk:
I know of 2 guys that are fitting these Yella Terra blowers a 260 & 290 so more feedback will be coming in soon.
It's going to be an Interesting 2007 as more and more BA/ BF's are getting SC, Also on a more interesting note I for one am very keen to see how all of these SC kit's will go on the track / and 1/4 mile, ie Eaton , CAPA Kits , And Whipple kits, and then compare with N/A BA /BF's as a comparsion overall.
__________________
"With enough money anything can be done"
"First BA to run a 12 on street Tyres and full weight back in the day, And still the quickest street BA GT in OZ"
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:23 PM   #69
dute
SLYME UTE
 
dute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
It's going to be an Interesting 2007 as more and more BA/ BF's are getting SC, Also on a more interesting note I for one am very keen to see how all of these SC kit's will go on the track / and 1/4 mile, ie Eaton , CAPA Kits , And Whipple kits, and then compare with N/A BA /BF's as a comparsion overall.

I'm with you on this, I'm watching closely just to see where all this is going, there should be good times ahead for all ford owners.

And good luck to all that are putting in the hard yards with R&D it is time consuming and costly.

All this just helps the customers out there. :
__________________
dute is big and black now. . . . . :
dute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #70
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Is that your face, or did you neck throw up
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
Jabba.
I am aware what a 2.3 ltr twin screw supercharger is capable of, if set up correctly. As with an Eaton M112 and Kenne Bell superchargers.
If tuned correctly, big hp is easily obtained.
15 k for an engine.........you must be using gold internals!!!!!!!!!!!
2.3 ltr whipple........... on our engines.......400 to 400+ rwkw.
NO........ our stock motors will NOT take that much power.
But, the supercharger is capable of that power level.
Try some R&D for yourself Jabba, and you too will know what it's like to destroy these motors above 400+rwkw with blown applications. We have been there and done that.

It's one thing to have the potential, but it's another to make it all come together as a package.


Regards

AGRO.
I came to the figure for worst case scenario blow up... That is replace all moving parts and new block.. Labour included.... Blokes like myself and CDAA don't get motors built for nothing.... You want me to try some R&D on a SC motor... No worries.. send up the kit and I will try it out for ya.. Oh sent a motor also.. I not interested in blowing mine up in the quest to find out how far it's potential lays...

Believe it or not, but most customers would rather have a stealth set up that runs on low boost for reliability, has the appearance of genuine factory fitment and goes like stink.... Maybe on this forum there are a few diehards that want the meanest and fastest car on the street/strip, even if it means quality off apperiance and reliability is sacrificed.. But AFF is a very, very more percentage of Ford owners that want to mod there car... And most of those owner could not give a toss if it not the fastest in the land... They just want a powerful car that looks like a factory job, and it pulls hard from woe to go....... and then you have non AFF members.. and a greater majority care even less if a certain set up is not the quickest..

As Spoolman stated there are some more guys getting the Herrod Charger so Pending there set up we might see some quick time... As quick as Chris's SC times.. I doubt it, as his ute is now purpose built for a 1/4 run... It will be near impossible for any SC streeter to match his times.... And if your going to compare. You need to compare Apples with Apples.. That is same weight, same tyres, same boost levels, same gear box and diff ratio, same 260 or 290 motor, same track, same night... get the drift.... trying to compare it any other way is just a Faust....

Sorry Spoolman. This will be my last post that is off track, I am just tired of the same old crew of blokes trying to put the Herrod gear down once again..... They all come from the same tuner and I can't understand why they have to all ways criticise something that Rob has released to the market... It doesn't look good for them or the tuner they prefer to use(no pun direct at the tuner)... if they don't like Rob's gear, then fine... But they should not come onto a sponsors section and belittle there product or the product they distribute

My apologies once again

Jabba
__________________
Built by HERROD MOTORSPORT

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #71
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise
 
Bluehoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Open Roads with Boost!
Posts: 9,799
Default

I love the factory stealth look, I know one person in Sydney who is debating crossing over from a T to a YT S/C GT.. Sacrilidge...

But still, no matter what blower, you lot still haven't caught the turbo's.... ::

:
__________________
Stomp 'n' Steer

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #72
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Is that your face, or did you neck throw up
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
I love the factory stealth look, I know one person in Sydney who is debating crossing over from a T to a YT S/C GT.. Sacrilidge...

But still, no matter what blower, you lot still haven't caught the turbo's.... ::

:
That depends... Are you counting the time it take for the turbo to spool up.... I assure you there is nothing quiet like have instant torque on tap from idle...
__________________
Built by HERROD MOTORSPORT

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #73
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise
 
Bluehoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Open Roads with Boost!
Posts: 9,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
That depends... Are you counting the time it take for the turbo to spool up.... I assure you there is nothing quiet like have instant torque on tap from idle...

: Wondering who I would get a nibble out of.... :
__________________
Stomp 'n' Steer

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #74
FPV8U
Iceman Returns | Ferrari
 
FPV8U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 20,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Sorry Spoolman. This will be my last post that is off track, I am just tired of the same old crew of blokes trying to put the Herrod gear down once again..... They all come from the same tuner and I can't understand why they have to all ways criticise something that Rob has released to the market... It doesn't look good for them or the tuner they prefer to use(no pun direct at the tuner)... if they don't like Rob's gear, then fine... But they should not come onto a sponsors section and belittle there product or the product they distribute

My apologies once again

Jabba
It's not just Rob they put down mate, just about anyone bar their tuner, which isn't a good reflection on the tuner because he's a great bloke, who has helped me twice now, going out of his way to make it easier for me.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #75
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Is that your face, or did you neck throw up
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
: Wondering who I would get a nibble out of.... :
He he he.... :hihi: :hihi:
__________________
Built by HERROD MOTORSPORT

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #76
WASP
Whipple Induced
 
WASP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WWW
Posts: 4,194
Default

Hi Guys,
I've now had the Yella Terra Intercooler fitted by David and the team at KPM. Great result! See thread here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=79902

Colville
__________________
Quote:
“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.- Henry Ford”
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #77
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT
 
AGRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Country Vic
Posts: 697
Default

Jabba.
I have never downed this kit, just asked questions that I believe are valid to the tuning of a supercharged BOSS.(As the title: Tuning Supercharged GT)
My tuner....what has he got to do with anything that I post?????
He hasn't touched my car for over a year!
My questions are directed to either Herrods or KPM, not you so you can get all worked up on!!
If KPM blew up an engine, seeing how far they can push it...I would take my hat off to them. I would not down the kit either....I've got a fair idea what it is capable of. The motor would let them down before the kit will.
KPM I'm sure, still have a long way to go.
I love superchargers man...it's a hobby I guess.
My questions to them....more for my learning curve.

If you want to reply to this post, PM me, so this thread stays on track.

CDAA, with the intercooler on, do you know how much more timing they were able to throw at her??


Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #78
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Is that your face, or did you neck throw up
Posts: 2,776
Default

PM sent
__________________
Built by HERROD MOTORSPORT

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #79
Herrod Motorsport
www.sctflashtuning.com
 
Herrod Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
Jabba.
I have never downed this kit, just asked questions that I believe are valid to the tuning of a supercharged BOSS.(As the title: Tuning Supercharged GT)
My tuner....what has he got to do with anything that I post?????
He hasn't touched my car for over a year!
My questions are directed to either Herrods or KPM, not you so you can get all worked up on!!
If KPM blew up an engine, seeing how far they can push it...I would take my hat off to them. I would not down the kit either....I've got a fair idea what it is capable of. The motor would let them down before the kit will.
KPM I'm sure, still have a long way to go.
I love superchargers man...it's a hobby I guess.
My questions to them....more for my learning curve.

If you want to reply to this post, PM me, so this thread stays on track.

CDAA, with the intercooler on, do you know how much more timing they were able to throw at her??


Regards

AGRO.
We know the limits of the engine and yes it can be good to handle 300 plus kws at the rear wheels and it can be good for 400 plus kws at the rear wheels.
The point of pushing the engine untill it lets go to see how much power it will make it pointless. when the ba was new i travelled around australia doing the holden vs ford shows and at the time had a great time in showcasing the capa vortech unit up against a commodore. the engine was driven daily and dynoed at all the shows over a 12 month period and the engine just kept going and going untill one day when enough was enough. I have also spent enough time with customers vehicles on the dyno chasing big numbers with std engines. most are still going strong and others have not lasted , the con rods are the weak link and when a conrod lets go its not just the conrod that gets damaged its the complete rotating assembley that suffers.And that is costly , some people have no idea on what these engines cost to rebuild and untill they have should not put others down that have handed over there hard earnt cash when things have gone bad for them.
There is no point in pushing our new kit to see how much power it will produce as we have already done this by forced induction already,the kit will make anything that a vortech will make, what we have not seen is how good the positive displacement blowers are over the centrifical units when it comes to low down power , that is what makes this kit sensational.As well as the stealth fit up that makes it look as if it came from the ford factory with it fitted.
May i also say that a number of ford engineers have given the thumbs up on how good the kit looks and further more how good the car drives.

If i was a new car owner wanting some instant power on the throttle this kit is the only way to go .

Just one drive is enough to make most punters make up there mind and book in for a fit up.

Enjoy your FORDS and have a happy and safe new year.

And rember we all have the interest at heart so dont put others down :
__________________
Australia's No1 Ford Enhancement Specialist
103 Northgate Drive
Thomastown
VIC 3074

Phone: 03 9464 5100
Fax: 03 9464 5166
Herrod Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #80
WASP
Whipple Induced
 
WASP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WWW
Posts: 4,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
Jabba.
CDAA, with the intercooler on, do you know how much more timing they were able to throw at her??.
Hey Agro,

Unfortunately I can not answer your question 100% mate and will have to leave this one to David to answer accurately. My understanding is with the cooler dense air she now gets from the intercooler, hp increased easily as all times this car as been tuned previously it been done in extremely hot conditions. Currently KPM have made two tunes for me, one where we have pulled the timing back a little in the mid range to ensure there is no pinging under load on 98 octane fuel (338rwkW) and the other that has the timing more advanced but ideally needs octane booster (350+rwkW).

I've posted some of these in another thread,..

Intercooler




__________________
Quote:
“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.- Henry Ford”
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 06:03 PM   #81
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!
 
poolkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 1,615
Default

Those pics are great, damm its hard to spot the blower...
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #82
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
XRCIST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,953
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default

That looks absolutely fantastic!!!! Spray it black and my god what a sleeper it would be :voldar02:

Out of curiosity, id just like to ask a few questions about the supercharger kit. From my understanding and from what i have read the whipple unit is one of the most efficient pd blowers you can purchase and especially when coupled with an intercooler as used in Colvilles car. Thinking back to when HPF built that twin turbo GT, that car produced 430rwkw on just 9psi of boost (through an auto). Now i dont know what state of tune the car was in when it ran that figure (conservative tune or to the limit), but would a turbocharged car always produce more power than a supercharged car at the same boost pressure?
__________________
VENOM EXHAUST WORKS
0402753146

XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #83
WASP
Whipple Induced
 
WASP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WWW
Posts: 4,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
That looks absolutely fantastic!!!! Spray it black and my god what a sleeper it would be :voldar02:

Out of curiosity, id just like to ask a few questions about the supercharger kit. From my understanding and from what i have read the whipple unit is one of the most efficient pd blowers you can purchase and especially when coupled with an intercooler as used in Colvilles car. Thinking back to when HPF built that twin turbo GT, that car produced 430rwkw on just 9psi of boost (through an auto). Now i dont know what state of tune the car was in when it ran that figure (conservative tune or to the limit), but would a turbocharged car always produce more power than a supercharged car at the same boost pressure?
Good question. I'm not 100% sure of the answer as I'm not an engineer, but what I do know is mine is only running 6-7psi. If we increased this to 9psi I'm pretty sure over 400rwkw's would be possible. The real question would be at 400rwkW's how long would the bottom end hold up on a stock engine? If KPM tuned it so we back off low and mid range torque levels so we could claim a great hi output figure that may help the engine and driveline, but why you would do that I have no idea. At the moment the state of tune and set up produces flat, fat band of torque that is only really seen in over 400rwkw cars. We have managed to create that environment without making a peaky high output engine in the process, thus protecting the stock engine without sacrificing the best bit..Low to mid range instant grunt!
__________________
Quote:
“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.- Henry Ford”
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #84
KPM Motorsport
Home of Mustang in Aus.
 
KPM Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Streetfighter Australia Wide
Posts: 2,932
Default

good question
the answer is in most cases the turbo will always ALLOW engine to make more power from the same amount of boost.
the issue is that it takes engine power to run the supercharger because it is mechanically coupled and driven by the engine itself.therefore power is lost from the engine to run a supercharger.also the more boost you make the more power it takes to run the blower.
with a turbo charged set up no mechanical energy is used or lost to run the turbo as it is driven by otherwise wasted exhaust gases.therfore all the boost made is used by the engine to make power.
there are advantages on both setups.
the supercharger will allow you to make boost and power instantly and can be felt from zero throttle onwards with no lag.
the turbo charger is able to make more ultimate power in smaller engines due to less /no mechanical losses
This is the reason many smaller european/japenese engines will turbo charge and larger engines will usually supercharge. as usual hosrses for courses and applications .
as for making power on the big 5.4s I like the instant throttle response and
flat torque curve that can be delivered from a positive displacement supercharger.
In saying that we also have built and tuned one amazing xr8 5.4 with 520 rwkw ultimate power from a centrifical style blower.
Still the drivable flat torque curve of the whipple is my choice.

regards
david
__________________


Streetfighter Specialist Workshops exclusive 3 Year Driveline Warranty

New Zealand CTB Performance N.T. Atic Performance A.C.T. Roadway Mufflers New South Wales City Performance Centre, Rapid Automotive, Tunehouse, Streamline Auto
Queensland Dyno-Link, Insane Performance, Hunter Automotive
Elite Automotive, AHT Performance Victoria , Pitlane , BPR
Western Australia
Pro-Auto South Australia KPM Motorsport Tasmania Gowans Performance and Tuning
KPM Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #85
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
XRCIST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,953
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default

Thanks for the response guys.
__________________
VENOM EXHAUST WORKS
0402753146

XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #86
FPV8U
Iceman Returns | Ferrari
 
FPV8U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 20,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPM Motorsport
In saying that we also have built and tuned one amazing xr8 5.4 with 520 rwkw ultimate power from a centrifical style blower.
Still the drivable flat torque curve of the whipple is my choice.
Thats what i wanted to hear.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #87
WASP
Whipple Induced
 
WASP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WWW
Posts: 4,194
Default

Hi Guys,
for those that are interested in how the Yella Terra supercharged intercooler set up works and is installed below are some pictures from KPM of the recent installation. Fantastic set up!







Colville
__________________
Quote:
“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.- Henry Ford”
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #88
Jason50
Boosted...
 
Jason50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canberra
Posts: 281
Default

Hi CDAA, How is your car now insured ? I am assuming you have not had it engineered and wonder what this really means in relation to insurance.

Most insurance companies have a clause stating that if a car is unroadworthy they can void the claim. It seems to me that any modification that has not been certified would be deemed to make the car unroadworthy.

I am really keen to have my car supercharged, but this stuff really worries me.
Jason50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #89
WASP
Whipple Induced
 
WASP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: WWW
Posts: 4,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason50
Hi CDAA, How is your car now insured ? I am assuming you have not had it engineered and wonder what this really means in relation to insurance.

Most insurance companies have a clause stating that if a car is unroadworthy they can void the claim. It seems to me that any modification that has not been certified would be deemed to make the car unroadworthy.

I am really keen to have my car supercharged, but this stuff really worries me.
Hi Jason, the car is insured with all modifications done under a modified vehicle policy. In SA the legalities differ somewhat from the eastern states and as long as you are not changing the cars basic mechanical structure (placing a big block engine in it for example) it does not need to go over the pits. In way of such, the Supercharger kit has a ADR compliance which means that apart from my exhaust system the car is totally legal in this state. If I ran it thru the pits tomorrow the only thing I would need to do place the ADR compliant Herrod exhaust components back on to it. Oddly enough in this state I can't have a 'shaker' on it as that is deemed illegal!!

My advise is if you are concerned that the car should be roadworthy, express this to KPM, Herrod etc and they will advise how to set up the car to be as such (i.e. the kit installed with all ADR compliant components including exhaust etc). The great thing about this kit and working with these people is it's actually possible to Supercharge your XR8/GT and not make the car unroadworthy in most, if not all state that I am aware of.
__________________
Quote:
“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.- Henry Ford”
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #90
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
MoreHPformyXR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3,392
Default

Love the website in progress Colville for KPM be great when its finished. It looks a bit like the WASP might have gots its picture centre stage lol.
dance:

Scott
__________________
FGX XR6 Lightning Strike Sedan

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan

mods: 20% under drive, Pacmaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL