Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
0xyg3n

Default Another DIY Mod Short OEM Aerial.

Found this mod on a US focus forum. I was going to say this is a simple mod to do but I had a ***** of a time getting the little knob off the end of the aerial.

You need to heat the knoby bit on the end cos its glued to the shaft and pry it off. Took me about 20mins. I would just boil up some water and sat it in that for abit. Then used a very small fat head screw driver to brake the glue. the rest was easy once the knob was off.

Just use a hacksaw to trim to desired lenth. Its just a fibreglass shaft with a single copper core. Just be carefull how much you cut off because the shaft is tappered and the knob may not fit back on. I only trimmed mine down to 240mm from 424mm. No need to glue it back on because it was very tight putting it back on.

Lol what an essay for a simple mod. Pic below.

http://users.ncable.net.au/~gtir/mod...l/DSC00281.JPG

0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #2
0xyg3n

Another. Grrr who made the stupid 10min limit on edit posts.

Edit: radio still works fine. :P

http://users.ncable.net.au/~gtir/mod...l/DSC00282.JPG
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
joshf2
striped

and here i was looking a bmw shark fin antenna replacement. this is far easier

cheers
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....