Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #91
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Very nice, red and black go well together.

I got the factory body kit off eBay last week, for half the retail price. I just need to wait for the weather to warm up so I can prime and paint it.
Thanks Fled,

When u gonna be puttin on the kit ?
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #92
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Saturday will be sunny and 22 degrees, so I might do the spraying then, and leave it for a week to cure.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #93
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

ahhh ok well be sure to take some pictures then,

GL mate
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 29-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #94
Oscuro

[QUOTE=InnerDevil]But Oscuro while u were waiting look wat i got, while yrs still havent arrived,

I would have got Pedders if they had come down in price not sure why they charged you $550 and were asking me $680

... meanwhile Australia Post said my Eibachs can take up to 6 weeks to arrive but the German post said 11 days... last time I buy from European parts... next time Ill follow my instincts and not the herd

Whats the ride like on the pedders?
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #95
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

its good, not too firm, which is wat i was looking for, and not too soft that yr being flung around everywhere like the stocks, much better handling, can take corners a lil faster now but havent yet been brave enough to test the limits

and i got a 30/35mm drop, which is wat i was lookin for, and there to drop by a few more mm when they start to settle roughly in a months time
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 29-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #96
fiestars

I just picked up my car from the garage before i lowered it i measured the ride height from the centre of the rim to the wheel arch front:355cm rear:355cm and i used the trusted coke can test
After lowering its sits front: 301.5cm rear: 301.5 cm and its yet to settle i could be wrong will measure agian tomorrow in the garage, dont know if my butt is numb but i cant tell the difference between stock and the new springs im yet to thrash it.
The car jus got nu rubber so not in a rush to get new wheels when i do some time in June they will be definately 17s i love innerdevils wheels
time for pics

Rear

Front

Before

After

I dont knw why people hide their number plates i jus thought i would do the same hahahha and yes the pics are poo but i dont expect much from a camera phone
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #97
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

WOW, that's looks really low, thats a drop of 53mm front and back ??!!!!

u know wat rims look really hot,

Kuro Throttle

i tried to get these from Tempe tyres but stud pattern didn't match up,

i was like really wanting to the guy i was dealing with, lol

but try to get somethin along the line of that, or u could go with the rims i got ?? :rolleyes:
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 30-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #98
fiestars

oooo those rims look good! shame they cant fit they fez, cant they drill them to our stud pattern? a mate wanted a wheel but it wasnt in his cars stud pattern so he asked st george tyres to drill a nu pattern
i double checked the ride height again in the garage which if fairly flat i still got 301cm maybe i ddnt measure the ride height well before i lowered it, anyone know the ride height of the fez on st 15s? if im right 53mm is a massive drop not that m complaining
Old 30-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #99
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestars
oooo those rims look good! shame they cant fit they fez, cant they drill them to our stud pattern? a mate wanted a wheel but it wasn't in his cars stud pattern so he asked St George tyres to drill a new pattern
yeh they are nice aye??
ive heard of that being done, but i think they can only do it if they dont already have the other stud pattern drilled in already, cause of strength issues, but to be totally honest i don't have a clue

Quote:
i double checked the ride height again in the garage which if fairly flat i still got 301cm maybe i ddnt measure the ride height well before i lowered it, anyone know the ride height of the fez on st 15s? if im right 53mm is a massive drop not that m complaining
if thats the case mate, yr spine will turn into moondust, if the ride is that rough now woth the stock steel rims then its only gonna get worse when u get some new 17" rims, id be getting normal size (tyre wall) tyres on those rims, but then yr gonna be rubbing at the fronts and quiet possibly at the rear as well????

well GL anyway, let us know in a few days if yr crippled
Panther Black

St Rear Spoiler
Old 30-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #100
fiestars

m tough as nails so wont be crippled anytime soon haha the car has no body roll, im in love wit round abouts . Fun was short lived i cant have four adults in the car anymore as the car looks like is sitting on the ground and i scrape the humps at the mall but i can live with that lol
you right with 17s having a small sidewall ride will be more harsh

Just ordered a strut brace and 20 mm axle space
Old 30-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #101
Ben85

Quote:
Just ordered a strut brace and 20 mm axle space

I've read on a few forums that both wheel and axle spaces are illegal in australia!!! So i'd find out before fitting them!!! Because you may as well not insure your car if they r illegal.

Check out this thread!!
http://www.fordfiestaxr4.com/forums/...pic.php?t=1168

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #102
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

have a look through this document. i'm not sure if it's still valid but it's worth having i guess. :]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6V0JQZB3

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #103
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Unfortunately Ben is right, don't waste your money......

Where did you get the strut brace from?

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #104
fiestars

yeah spacers are a hot topic on forums they always tend to get ugly , i have already paid for them ll make up my mind by the time they arrive.

got the strut from torquesteer and spacers from pumaspeed
will have a read on the guide
thanks for the heads up anyway

edit: i cant open the file will have a look at DOTAS site

Last edited by fiestars; 30-04-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 30-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #105
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...340/0/VSI8.pdf

maybe that works better than my stupid upload bs

it does have a specific section on track widening. Page 4

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #106
fiestars

were does it say its illegal? only wheel spacers are? here is wat it says an approval certificate is required and maximum allowable track is 25 mm front and rear so in they go
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #107
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

In QLD and NSW, if the vehicle is not fitted with axle or wheel spacers from factory, they are illegal.

I asked what vehicle comes out with wheel spacers, which he replied, some Porches and some older Land Rovers....
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #108
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Quote:
were does it say its illegal? only wheel spacers are? here is wat it says an approval certificate is required and maximum allowable track is 25 mm front and rear so in they go
This may also mean that you can change the OFFSET to a maximum of 25mm (not sure if 25 is right seams alot, everywhere I know is 15.)

Cheers
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #109
fiestars

hmmmm its a grey area, i will check the Western Australian DORTAS site
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #110
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Many a flame war has started over the legality of wheel spacers and blocks. Don't go by hearsay or people's interpretations of the law, I suggest you talk to the relevant authorities yourself before taking the plunge.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #111
Oscuro

Wouldnt friggin believe it! finally got the Eibachs so took them to mechanic who quoted me a very reasonable $180 to fit them. He got the rears on ok then tried the front but couldnt get something or rather unscrewed no matter what he said he tried and the only thing left to try was heating the parts up but that would ruin everything so I needed to replace a whole bunch of stuff including OEM parts and after market shocks on both sides of the front which is gonna cost a mozza ..... so much for getting cheap Eibachs

Im not a mechanic so cant tell ya exactly what the problem is. He had the old spring and shock sitting in a sort of vice and there was a long metal screw thru the centre which he said was fused and wouldnt unscrew no matter what he tried. First time he had this happen he said. I think the blokes fair dinkum cause hes not gonna charge me anymore for labour so it must just be the crappy build quality of the Fiesta which isnt surprising. Handles well but never buying Eurotrash again gonna stick to Japanese.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #112
Fled74
The Thread Killa

There's a thread in the UK Fiesta Network (http://www.ukfiestanetwork.com) that shows how to change the springs yourself. There are lots of photos and a list of tools you'll need. You'll have to register on the forum to view the thread, but it's worth it.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #113
Oscuro

Hehe informative site but I know next to nuthin bout mechanics so no chance of a DIY job. Think problem is the locking nut on top of one of the front struts is rusted stuck so mechanic cant get bearing plate off or something like that so I need new struts and bearing plates etc Gonna cost a mozza in any case as they are OEM Ford parts and they are a rip off in Australia compared to cost in the UK. Genuine scuff plates were bout 50 bucks from a Ford UK site but 170 from Ford Australia just one example.

Last edited by Oscuro; 05-05-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #114
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Here's a pic from last Saturday when I test-fitted the front lip and side skirts before priming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fez-kit.jpg (102.1 KB, 38 views)

Old 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #115
Oscuro

Finally got the Eibachs fitted for $160 labour which is the good news bad news is had to shell out an extra $450 for an OEM shock and bearing plate all because one nut on top of one front strut wouldnt come off because it had rusted...how come the top of the front struts dont have covers to stop water getting in? anyhoo Ford charged $320 for an OEM shock which is a ripoff because Ford parts UK is selling Fiesta shock for equivalent of $73.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #116
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
Finally got the Eibachs fitted for $160 labour which is the good news bad news is had to shell out an extra $450 for an OEM shock and bearing plate all because one nut on top of one front strut wouldnt come off because it had rusted...how come the top of the front struts dont have covers to stop water getting in? anyhoo Ford charged $320 for an OEM shock which is a ripoff because Ford parts UK is selling Fiesta shock for equivalent of $73.
great news despite the problems haha... noticed the differences? ride height? handling? comfort?

do you have some pics?
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #117
Oscuro

Wont post pics for a while, I read Eibachs dont need time to settle but Ill wait few weeks anyway see if they drop a bit. Only ridden over some car park speed bumps so far and managed to get over em no problem. Will test car over different roads on weekend.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #118
Oscuro

Car is my daily ride so am pleasantly surprised that Eibachs seem to have made ride smoother than stock springs over smaller potholes when the opposite was supposed to have happened. I was expecting to feel rough roads more but now feel bumps less. Dont think its the new front shock if it was four new shocks maybe. Havent done any real twisty bits yet but normal daily cornering feels bit tighter. Coming down from super high speed bump there was slight knocking noise dont know what thats all about but all in all seems to be an improvement as a daily ride.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #119
fiestars

nice are you on 17s?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #120
Oscuro

Quote:
nice are you on 17s?
Nah 195/50 R15 Kumho Ecsta Spts
Im not a big fan of big wheels on small cars or maybe I just didnt wanna shell out extra cash for 17 s