Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fog light inserts

Well I did it as would have been seen in the welcome thread .... got me a girlie car (meant in the most respectful way ;) )

Will get pics of the little girl up as soon as I can ......... work & kids & OzECruisers time permitting.......

I am in desperate need of a little more lighting as I drive a 160K round trip every day & the roos/wildlife out here is horrific. I have noticed that there is a spare plug behind the inserts where there are fog lights in other models and am now wondering

a. is this a loom that is for the foglights

&

b. would anyone know where I may be able to source the proper inserts to fit said fog/spot lights ????

Any recommendations will be gratefully appreciated

MotherNature is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Yes, that is indeed wiring for foglights. Besides the lights and inserts, you will need an additional wiring loom and the interior switch.

They will be a bit pricey if you go to Ford Aus, but FordPartsUK have what you need.

You can also try eBay.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

You wont need the wiring loom as it is a WQ, as stated, all you need are the lights, surrounds and interior switch, can be yours for all of around $200 aussie when bought from ebay uk.

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

You need this...

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fies...mp_kit_786.htm

and this

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fies...ch_rhd_788.htm

Thanks
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks heaps Twinpiston

The fog light switch you have listed is the same switch that I have in the car already. Am wondering now if there were fog lamps there & they have been removed??? The poor little thing hasnt been looked after very well & there are a few things that need a tidy up. Wouldnt supprise me if the lower part of the front end have been replaced.

There are little (a lot thinner than others I have seen) stripes on the roof but not on the bonnet, bars nor boot!!! Would make sence that the inserts have been replaced and not the lamps.
Old 13-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Hi MotherNature,

Not sure about the WQ, but my WP LX has the foglight wiring and is not equipped with foglights. The switch is also different - in the LX, the switch pulls out once to activate the rear foglight, and in the Zetec/Ghia the switch pulls out twice to activate the front ones.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Fled74. Will have to have a look at the switch a little closer. Visually it is the same & I know it pulls out at least one click ..... I tried it when I was having a looksee at her on the first day

Am also wondering where on earth any of you guys have placed your phone cradle??? Am struggling to locate a home for the external antenna I have too ..... its not pretty but needed for service out here ......

So many questions .......... will try to keep them in order
Old 14-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
NJM586

hey champ

if your intrested in a fog light bezel (fog light sorrounding) i have one (right side) for sale 30 bucks snd its urs

let me know
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the offer NJM586. I really need both though...... will let you know

I had a little more of a play last night & the switch definatly only pulls out to the first click for the rear foglights ..... pretty nifty if you ask me .... we get bad fog out here in winter!!

So it looks like I might need that other switch ......

One other thing I really need ... is really annoying actually ...... The balck plastic B Pillar cover drivers side fell off on my way home & it now looks very unloved :( I have checked with Ford & they want $95 for the part