Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-07-2005, 05:49 PM   #1
0xyg3n

Default Fiesta Safety

Hows this for fiesta strength. Somone on UKFN crashed and no one was hurt. Thread Here

The cabin kept its shape very well. Very tuff car

0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

hmmm... proof of the crumple zones and strong chassis. Only useful part there is the Rear hatch... oh well. Must have been a pretty big **** accident!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

, that is quite good for someone doing 60mph! (about 98kmh)... cabin is still intact. He was however under the influence of alcohol...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 03-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #4
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Impressive.

I saw a Lexus IS300 at a crash repairer here in Adelaide about a year ago that looked like it had run into a stobie pole (SA thing, think power pole made out of two lengths of steel railway line with concrete in the middle.)

It had hit fairly hard and had penetrated into the engine bay almost a meter, but the body and doors were all still perfectly aligned. From behind you wouldn't have know anything was wrong with it. Crash repairer reckoned it would most likely be written off.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

spoke to one guy who serviced my car said that it looked like the engine is made part or the crumple zone and by the looks of that 1st pic its try its designed to break away and down

least we all know they stand up pretty well
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #6
lincoln
Blinded

Very impressive!
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Jeeesus!

Glad to see that after that that people are still alive and unhurt! Stoopid bloke who drove drunk though. I dont feel sorry for him, Just dumb...

Tough little car though nonetheless
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

*** Plz Do Not Attempt This At Home ***

Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The engine IS designed to break away and roll under the car, same for the Focus I believe. Brilliant idea, I'm glad I have that in front of me in my Focus!! As much as I love my engine, I don't want to get THAT close to it in an accident!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Would a sunroof reduce the strength of the roof? Was just contemplating getting one today... When i first got the car i went straight to Ryda... the guy there have never seen a Fiesta before... was his first one... and as soon as i pulled in he said "That looks really nice man. Does it come with a sunroof as a factory opinion?"