Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #61
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: No Bronco for Oz ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but I for one am happy to know the Bronco Sport and Bronco won't make it here. For me, there isn't anything appealing to look at here. But then again, I'm not the target buyer for a vehicle like this. Either is the Ranger and Everest.
It's a US icon. It was never intended to appeal to us here.

The styling is based on the 1965 Bronco, which is a revered vehicle in the US.

I much prefer the look of the OJ Simpson era Broncos, the ones that were assembled and sold here in the 80's. Those were cool imo. But they were bigger, based on the F series. The original ones were much smaller.

I wonder if in future, if it gets to a 2nd generation T6 based Bronco, wether they would change the styling to me more like the later model ones? I would love to see a new Bronco with styling based on the 80's models.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

I much prefer the look of the OJ Simpson era Broncos, the ones that were assembled and sold here in the 80's. Those were cool imo. But they were bigger, based on the F series. The original ones were much smaller.

I wonder if in future, if it gets to a 2nd generation T6 based Bronco, wether they would change the styling to me more like the later model ones? I would love to see a new Bronco with styling based on the 80's models.
It would be nice to think that Ford was proactive like that.......
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #63
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

I reckon the 3 door would have potential.
Old 14-03-2020, 10:27 PM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

This is Ford teasing us.....
Old 14-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Explorer was not developed for RHD
None of the good cars are
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2020, 10:48 PM   #66
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
None of the good cars are
Australia is a niche market but the one thing in our advantage is that the US never
expected that Aussies would buy +25,000 Mustangs, maybe that turned a few years.

As we know, they like to lump us in with UK RHD, so we get their engines and pricing built in.
I'm hoping somehow, someway that they ignore accountants and take a calculated risk on us.
There's a nice group of HP and upper end premium customers just begging for more products.
Old 14-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #67
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What three door 4wds have sold well here?
Even the three door Prado sold about 6 so if Toyota can't do it no one else is going to bother.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 01:19 AM   #68
Eurotrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Even the three door Prado sold about 6 so if Toyota can't do it no one else is going to bother.
The Mitsubishi Pajero 3dr wagon sold just as many. Realistically, 3dr wagons of any SUV don't sell well here. It's always nice to see one in traffic when you do see them, but it's a rarity.

A 3dr Bronco wagon would definitely be a niche product here in Australia.
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #69
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
I hear what you're saying but Mustang's 25,000 sales were not expected, given the past experience
with Monaro, all the Falcadore experts nearly convinced Ford that they would never buy a coupe
and that it would fail sales wise. To say Ford was shocked by 25k sales is an understatement....

Different segment for sure but it just proves that using another manufacturer as an example
may not provide an accurate picture of potential sales. You may be right in your summary dismissal
of any two door SUV in our market but Ford is also developing the four door version as well and
that could be where Ford sees some benefit to us ...or maybe not.

The big question for Ford is whether the Bronco would complement or canabalise Everest sales,
we can only hope that someone in Ford ignores the bean counters and just takes a chance on a niche.

Last edited by jpd80; 15-03-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 15-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #70
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

What happened to all the new Ford products to be released to us this year that was to have Toyota shaking in its boots?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #71
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
What happened to all the new Ford products to be released to us this year that was to have Toyota shaking in its boots?
You're telling the story, care to remind us which ones they were?
Old 15-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #72
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
You're telling the story, care to remind us which ones they were?
You might want to revisit the October vfacts thread and read your comments, it was you who claimed Ford had this new high end SUV product which would bring Toyota to its knee's, we'll Endura came and Tanked, we're not getting Bronco and people are already balking at the starting price of Puma, all whilst Toyota is amongst only 2 with sales growth.
As I said in that thread, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Ford brand but simply dangling something shiny and new with an inflated asking price won't bring in new buyers in our economic climate.
Old 15-03-2020, 09:29 PM   #73
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You might want to revisit the October vfacts thread and read your comments, it was you who claimed Ford had this new high end SUV product which would bring Toyota to its knee's, we'll Endura came and Tanked, we're not getting Bronco and people are already balking at the starting price of Puma, all whilst Toyota is amongst only 2 with sales growth.
As I said in that thread, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Ford brand but simply dangling something shiny and new with an inflated asking price won't bring in new buyers in our economic climate.
If you went to the trouble of going back why not just cut and paste it here......
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2020, 12:03 AM   #74
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
If you went to the trouble of going back why not just cut and paste it here......
Why, he knows what he wrote, if it concerns you so much go dig it up yourself.
Old 16-03-2020, 05:59 AM   #75
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
He won’t because he knows he’s full of it.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 08:21 AM   #76
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know what I said back in post 30 of the October 2019 VFacts thread.
I stand by the belief that Ford will be targeting Toyota's most valuable sales,
that 8,000 odd per month that bring in the really big profits. It better that Ford
aspire to that than becoming cannon fodder to the Koreans.

Sure, all of Ford's vehicles are priced high, I think they're fishing with the wrong bait
in the affordable brackets but what the heck, it's their money to spend however they
see fit.

And Toyota will crap it's pants when it finally sees what Ford has coming
with next generation Ranger and Everest, I stand by that because Ford has
learned much with the first generation vehicles and now knows what's needed.

I'm happy for others to disagree, nothing has come to pass get and won't for quite some time.

Last edited by jpd80; 16-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #77
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Just put the troll on ignore. He only comes here to slag off Ford any chance he gets.

Don't know why the hell you'd spend so much time on a forum dedicated to something you hate so much
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #78
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just put the troll on ignore. He only comes here to slag off Ford any chance he gets.

Don't know why the hell you'd spend so much time on a forum dedicated to something you hate so much
I would but I feel sorry for him.....
Pretty obvious that Holden closure hurt him and his friends deeply and that
anything positive about Ford has to be dispatched as nonsense relative to the
Toyota juggernaut.

T6 changed things for FOA and before it arrived, Ranger was just like Colorado,
nothing remarkable and sales going nowhere. Somewhere mid cycle, changes
occurred that took Ranger from centre pack to really matching it with Hilux.
Everest is in a tough market and I’ll admit that it fights for every sale it gets
without resorting to the easy dump into commercial fleet sales. Armed with
much improved next gen versions, I recon Ranger and Everest will continue
to work away at all those other 4x4 sales, the NG products should be even
better matches for local buyers.

Last edited by jpd80; 16-03-2020 at 02:18 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #79
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I would but I feel sorry for him.....
Pretty obvious that Holden closure hurt him and his friends deeply and that
anything positive about Ford has to be dispatched as nonsense.
Please, show me these positives you speak of, I'd be only too happy to see them. They released Endure and it flopped and people on this very 'dedicated' forum have baulked at the entry price of Puma.
And they won't give us either of the new Bronco products
Apart from those realities all you have is crystal ball stuff.

You'll have to forgive the cynic in me but this restriction on product and inflation of RRP reeks of a company that isn't interested in keeping us as a valued customer and along with the winding up of dealer network in Europe where we get our model and styling from suggests it's only a matter of time before they wind up here and blame it on a lack of consumer support.
I don't want to see that happen, but it certainly has that feel about it from my perspective.
Old 16-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #80
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Please, show me these positives you speak of, I'd be only too happy to see them. They released Endure and it flopped and people on this very 'dedicated' forum have baulked at the entry price of Puma.
And they won't give us either of the new Bronco products
Apart from those realities all you have is crystal ball stuff.

You'll have to forgive the cynic in me but this restriction on product and inflation of RRP reeks of a company that isn't interested in keeping us as a valued customer and along with the winding up of dealer network in Europe where we get our model and styling from suggests it's only a matter of time before they wind up here and blame it on a lack of consumer support.
I don't want to see that happen, but it certainly has that feel about it from my perspective.
You are entitled to your opinions and Ford may well call an end to RHD sales
but given the products that are already in the pipeline, it's more likely that Ford
Wil stick around for now and try at least one more product cycle.

Focus, Puma and Escape are all new and more expensive than competitors
some will walk away and say they're not worth it but, maybe the perceptions
change later this year......I want Ford to bring out a PX4 Ranger later this year
with 3.0 V6 diesel, 10-speed auto and four wheel disc brakes, those changes
would shut the whingers up and separate Ranger from the other Thai utes.
and they're at it, give Everest the same love too.
Old 16-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #81
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I want Ford to bring out a PX4 Ranger later this year
That's ok if people are still buying utes, we're in the midst of an unprecedented global economic crisis which will see many small businesses under severe financial strain, older people wont be calling on Jims plumbing or carpentry etc. etc. anytime soon so I cant see them whipping down to the local ford dealer for a new Ranger, in fact, I think having all your eggs in the light commercial tradie utes basket at this moment in time leaves a company like Ford seriously exposed.
But hey, this isn't an actual possibility/probability based on current events, I just feel bad about Holden..
Old 16-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #82
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Further to the above, last financial year, Toyota made a pre-tax profit of $206 million from 223,096 sales.
While the simple math is $933 per vehicle, it doesn't take much guessing to work out that either Toyota
is back to transfer pricing games to avoid tax or they really only make $933 per vehicle.....
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #83
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's ok if people are still buying utes, we're in the midst of an unprecedented global economic crisis which will see many small businesses under severe financial strain, older people wont be calling on Jims plumbing or carpentry etc. etc. anytime soon so I cant see them whipping down to the local ford dealer for a new Ranger, in fact, I think having all your eggs in the light commercial tradie utes basket at this moment in time leaves a company like Ford seriously exposed.
But hey, this isn't an actual possibility/probability based on current events, I just feel bad about Holden..
What’s the sales breakdown? I’m assuming you know...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #84
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
These are extraordinary times affecting everyone and we won't get a clear picture of the future
until covid-19 is under control and all the panic and uncertainty is resolved. So making any sort
of thumbnail view of the end of the year is just impossible.

When the whole world turns to ship, there is no safe harbour, eggs in one basket or diversified,
every is turning to crap. It's just what comes back to life first that matters.
Old 16-03-2020, 08:45 PM   #85
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
These are extraordinary times affecting everyone and we won't get a clear picture of the future
until covid-19 is under control and all the panic and uncertainty is resolved. So making any sort
of thumbnail view of the end of the year is just impossible.

When the whole world turns to ship, there is no safe harbour, eggs in one basket or diversified,
every is turning to crap. It's just what comes back to life first that matters.
Lol, so suggesting business purchases will decline considering the current climate is an impossible thumbnail view of the end of the year however you're views that the next gen Ranger will draw people in droves back to ford leaving Toyota quaking in its boots is Gospel..
Old 16-03-2020, 10:38 PM   #86
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why, he knows what he wrote, if it concerns you so much go dig it up yourself.
The issue is why are you so bothered.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2020, 05:48 AM   #87
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lol, so suggesting business purchases will decline considering the current climate is an impossible thumbnail view of the end of the year however you're views that the next gen Ranger will draw people in droves back to ford leaving Toyota quaking in its boots is Gospel..
LOL, because gen Ranger is still 18 months away?
This next quarter is going to be ugly and brands
that rely on lots of retail sales are going to be hit
Very hard. We should have a better picture in six
months time.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-03-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 17-03-2020, 07:00 AM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
What’s the sales breakdown? I’m assuming you know...
Ranger: 9999999999999999999999999
Everything else in Ford's range: 63

We went from being the Falcon car company to the Ranger 4x4 company

Mary gave birth to our Lord Jesus in the back of a Ranger Raptor
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #89
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinions and Ford may well call an end to RHD sales
but given the products that are already in the pipeline, it's more likely that Ford
Wil stick around for now and try at least one more product cycle.

Focus, Puma and Escape are all new and more expensive than competitors
some will walk away and say they're not worth it but, maybe the perceptions
change later this year......I want Ford to bring out a PX4 Ranger later this year
Ford's decision to cut a lot of dealers from the UK is all about cost containment, and keeping Ford Europe in the black. It's not being done because sales have tanked or anything like that. They have a plan for Europe to make it solidly profitable, and this was one part of it.

Of course the coronavirus throws a spanner into everything, but it's not permananent. Just have to weather the storm.

Ford still have the highest and 3rd highest selling cars in Europe, the Focus and Fiesta. And Kuga/Escape is 5th or 6th. They don't have problems selling small cars over there.
Old 17-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #90
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford's decision to cut a lot of dealers from the UK is all about cost containment, and keeping Ford Europe in the black. It's not being done because sales have tanked or anything like that. They have a plan for Europe to make it solidly profitable, and this was one part of it.

Of course the coronavirus throws a spanner into everything, but it's not permananent. Just have to weather the storm.

Ford still have the highest and 3rd highest selling cars in Europe, the Focus and Fiesta. And Kuga/Escape is 5th or 6th. They don't have problems selling small cars over there.
I just hope they give us some good subcompact and
compact vehicles here with appropriate Powertrains