Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-01-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The number/percent of old Falcons still registered

I came across an interesting site where you can look up any make/model of car and find out how many are still registered:

https://carsafe.com.au/risk-rating#

This is something I've always wondered about. I found out:

There are still over 80,000 AU Falcons registered in Australia. This means that 1 in 3 sold are still registered. This is exactly comparable to the number of VT Commodores that are still registered (also a bit over 80,000 or 33% of original numbers).

With the BA, 2/3rds (66%) are still on the road. Going back to the EF/EL, their numbers are really starting to thin out, with less than 40,000 of them still around (only 13% left).

For the Holden comparison, about 15% of VR/VS Commodores (46,000) are left.

With the Ford Territory, 93% sold are still registered, which isn't too surprising I guess, seeing as the oldest ones are now still only 14 years old.

The Japanese, as you would expect, are doing considerably better - for example, 30% of 1994-1997 Accords are still registered, and almost 75% of 1998-2003 models are still on the roads (compared to 33% for the Ford/Holden equivalents!). Incredibly, 60% of first generation (94-00) RAV4s are still on the roads, even though these vehicles are now 19-25 years old!

Last edited by MrZ; 23-01-2019 at 12:03 PM.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post