Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #31
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately the had all their cars locked up inside. I did get a climse of the wheels, wasn't worth taking a photo as it would have been through glass, but the wheels are the same as the Thai model, it too appears to have the 100mm PCD. Just looking at the wheels compared to the Euro version you can notice the wheel nut hole is much closer to the inside of the wheel.

I guess these will be one of those things that'll never have a proper answer. Just very strange.
Old 16-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #32
AG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Unfortunately the had all their cars locked up inside. I did get a climse of the wheels, wasn't worth taking a photo as it would have been through glass, but the wheels are the same as the Thai model, it too appears to have the 100mm PCD. Just looking at the wheels compared to the Euro version you can notice the wheel nut hole is much closer to the inside of the wheel.

I guess these will be one of those things that'll never have a proper answer. Just very strange.
True, very strange.

This photo made it stranger, its a Thai-,ade Australian spec Fiesta WT Zetec with German wheels?
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3

This photo made it stranger, its a Thai-,ade Australian spec Fiesta WT Zetec with German wheels?
My guess is the guys who photoshopped the pictures didn't know any different, and had plenty of images of the German Zetec S wheels so just used them. Most of the WT images on the Ford website actually use rehashed WS pictures, that are just photoshopped to allow for the new changes and colours.
Old 17-01-2011, 04:37 AM   #34
AG3

Quote:
My guess is the guys who photoshopped the pictures didn't know any different, and had plenty of images of the German Zetec S wheels so just used them. Most of the WT images on the Ford website actually use rehashed WS pictures, that are just photoshopped to allow for the new changes and colours.
True, based on these photos, it looks like we can say that the Fiesta WT LX has the same wheels and PCD (100) as the ASEAN Fiesta Trend.

Last edited by AG3; 17-01-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 17-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #35
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3
The ASEAN model is probably using Mazda 2 hubs (PCD 100?)
I know some Mazdas do have a 4x100 stud pattern. Not sure about the Mazda2, but it seems likely.
We know the Fez and the Mazda2 share some components so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that the new WT for the ASEAN market would use Mazda parts.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #36
somers181

Just to add some more confusion to the list i picked up my WT Fiesta CL last night, i had it fitted with aftermarket CSA's in Gunmetal grey on a black car they look smick.... anyway the boxes the rims came in are marked 15x6 PDA 4/100/4/108 with offset of +45............. Will try to measure up the correct size and let you know which holes were used........
Also i kept each of the old rims, they came with new plastic dress cover and set of wheel nuts as i wanted to have a real spare for long trips, if any members would like to have one as well i am prepared to sell the other 3 for $20 each with pick up only from Blacktown or Homebush......... first in best dressed, Rick

Last edited by somers181; 22-01-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: wrong info
somers181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #37
somers181

Measured the wheels last night and can confirm a WT sedan CL uses PDA 4/100.......
Old 25-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #38
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

madness!! only Ford...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #39
AG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers181
Measured the wheels last night and can confirm a WT sedan CL uses PDA 4/100.......
@somers181, thanks for confirming that.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #40
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

This is one cooky thread to come across. I read the entire thing in fascination as you guys deciphered the wonders of modern mass car production. My first thought was that someone has stuffed up here...there is no way in hell that Ford (of all manufacturers the most lazy in this sort of regard...never change anything unless its broken) has bothered to change pcds....they HATE change. Especialy with 'one ford'.

BUT then when you realise its a mazda pcd it all becomes clearer. The car was clearly designed so that the hubs can be made in two forms...one with 108 for european production and another for 100 for asian manufacture. This helps with part comonality at both ends with existing manufacturing but doesn't really have any measurable impact on car performance (bugger all difference). Do a design trick like this during the car's design and its not much more work niether.

This mazda comonality (in this case...ford and mazda are separating a bit since the design of the ws fiesta was locked in) is also the reason for the WT losing the reach adjustment on the steering column versus the WS. Other little things the ASEAN plant just can't do since mazda/ford had to come to a compromise i suppose.

Isn't car making fun!

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #41
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread will save many headaches with new WT Fiesta owners I think. Euro wheels no longer fit, which has helped me as I'm just about to sell my old WS 16" alloys. I would have listed the WT as comparable, now I know not too. So thanks AG3.

Definitly makes sence if Mazda shares this PCD. Still, this rules out a WT for me as a replacement as I'm in love with the Euro 17" alloys. They look sensational.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #42
AG3

Quote:
This thread will save many headaches with new WT Fiesta owners I think. Euro wheels no longer fit, which has helped me as I'm just about to sell my old WS 16" alloys. I would have listed the WT as comparable, now I know not too. So thanks AG3.

Definitly makes sence if Mazda shares this PCD. Still, this rules out a WT for me as a replacement as I'm in love with the Euro 17" alloys. They look sensational.
No problem.

PS:Lets see if Ford will make PCD 100 euro-style 17" wheels, that would be interesting.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #43
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Has the PCD been confirmed on the hatch, maybe the 4/100 is only the sedan?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #44
AG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Has the PCD been confirmed on the hatch, maybe the 4/100 is only the sedan?
I believe the WT Fiesta hatch and WT Fiesta sedan use the same wheels.

The Fiesta LX at the top is a hatchback.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #45
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

I just still can't believe it
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #46
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was in a dealership yesterday. the LX and CL models are from thailand and are indeed 4x100 and the zetec is still coming from germany for now and is 4x108. not sure about the econetic??

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #47
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ECOnetic is 108, just went to the local dealership to drool over their Performance Blue RS and had a look see ;)
Old 21-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #48
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Talking

Hey guys,

My wife will be getting a brand new 2011 plated WT Fiesta this week, so will have a look at the PDC over the weekend.

Regards,
Jason

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #49
shoegazer
Starter Motor

anyone know any places i can get matte black or black rims (like the mountune ones) for the 2010 WS? im in NSW

tnx

Last edited by shoegazer; 22-02-2011 at 11:11 PM.
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #50
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Just buy them from Mountune or european parts or the likes, they are pretty much the same price as you would get here...

I know a guy who bought Ford motorsport rims for his XR4 from the states because they were actually cheaper to get them in!
Old 23-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #51
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Correct twinpiston,

they are SVT focus rims. pretty cheap rim for 175 each. They are actually manufactured and distributed by Ford Racing US.

www.fordracingparts.com or fleabay them.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #52
Junkie
Chilli Orange

Default Re: Bolt pattern/PCD of the Fiesta WS and WT

Hopefully this helps.
Details re our Fiesta:
WT LX Chilli Orange
15 inch standard alloys (15 Spoke)
Build Date Oct 2010
Purchased Mar 2011
Confirmed PCD is 100
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #53
geelong festy

I fitted Team Dynamic Motorsport race wheels to my WS Fiesta with 7 x 17 with 4 x 108 sizing thru TyrePower agent.Ultra light weight and forged and made in the UK. Definitely no rack limiter needed. Originally went to local Bob Janes who swore black and blue they were 4 x 100 a got a set in for me originally so told them no thanks. Chinese rubbish anyway!! Same again at The Tyre Factory. Fitted with Nexen tyres which are absolute rubbish! The 7 x 17 wheels will need to be fitted as the legal maximum here in victoria and also for warranty and insurance reasons.
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #54
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone know the offset we need for the WS ? Still looking for a new rim for ours. After my searching I've found out that HEAPS of people are selling 1 or 2 straight rims from their original sets after bending the originals. So I'm not sure if I should buy a used straight one or if I'd be better off buying some better/stronger rims and selling the 3 straight ones I have which are scratch and scuff free which would probably near pay for some aftermarket rims
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by geelong festy
I fitted Team Dynamic Motorsport race wheels to my WS Fiesta with 7 x 17 with 4 x 108 sizing thru TyrePower agent.Ultra light weight and forged and made in the UK. Definitely no rack limiter needed. Originally went to local Bob Janes who swore black and blue they were 4 x 100 a got a set in for me originally so told them no thanks. Chinese rubbish anyway!! Same again at The Tyre Factory. Fitted with Nexen tyres which are absolute rubbish! The 7 x 17 wheels will need to be fitted as the legal maximum here in victoria and also for warranty and insurance reasons.
Have you ever driven on NEXEN tyres???

I have had a set of N6000's on my fez for 25000kms now and would rate them equal if not higher for wear, noise and grip then the continental contact 2's that came for the factory. Sure they are starting to fade now but I only got 30k out of the contis but that was with monthly cross corner rotating whereas the nexens can only be swapped front to back. and as a bonus! they are half the price!!!

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #56
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are on the 3rd set of Hancooks, you only get 30,000ks from them also and that's almost 100% highway driving, the camber setup on the Fiesta is fairly extreme though and adds to the wear a lot
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #57
geelong festy

Yep, i currently have a set N6000's fitted to my Festy and I think they're rubbish! Previous experience with Toyo's fitted to hot hatches and I consider them vastly superior. On a warm day down the Ocean Road the're not bad, but in iffy conditions they'll let go real quick. Have a look at the 'wear rating' on the sidewall. Are they serious!! 300 for a performance tyre!! Toyos are 200, as are most other REAL performance tyre! Check out Nexen's website, you'd think they were selling Pirelli P zero beaters!
Cheers, geelong festy

J1 cold air induction systems
Central Florida race leads
Short throw shifter
Phillips plus 80’s high & low globes
LED front park lamps
LED number plate lights
LED 12’s interior lights
LED courtesy lights
Team Dynamic race wheels 17x7x108
Pedders Suspension
Iridium plugs
Armster Centre console
Fog lamps from ebay UK converted to induction inlets
ECU continuous soft flash
Four-corner wheel alignment
Big bore muffler
Window tint
Trim badges by DMB Graphics UK
K&N oil filter
Castrol Edge 0-30 fully synthetic oil
Easy-Shift Fully synthetic 75-85w transmission oil
SAAS foot pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
Have you ever driven on NEXEN tyres???

I have had a set of N6000's on my fez for 25000kms now and would rate them equal if not higher for wear, noise and grip then the continental contact 2's that came for the factory. Sure they are starting to fade now but I only got 30k out of the contis but that was with monthly cross corner rotating whereas the nexens can only be swapped front to back. and as a bonus! they are half the price!!!
geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #58
AG3

Saw this original accessory 7-spoke Ford Fiesta wheels (for Thai made Fiestas) on Ford Fiesta's Philippine Facebook page.
Same design as the euro 7-spoke 16 inch wheels found on the WS Fiesta Zetec, but with a 4 x 100 PCD instead of the euro model's 4 x 108.

Original Accessory Ford Fiesta wheels for the Thai made Fiestas. (4 x 100 PCD)

- Gm Justify (Facebook)

Notice the one for the Thai made model (WT) has the bolts closer to the blue center cap.

WS Fiesta Zetec (4 x 108 PCD)
Old 21-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #59
asdf1234

4x100 would make it a hell of a lot easier to shop for
asdf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #60
south21

My ws is definatley 108 pcd 45 offset and the wt are 100 pcd 45 offset.
south21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post