Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Pik0

Default Sedan or Ute

Im just wondering what people think, ive been looking for a AU2 or 3 XR6 manual for a while and ive been finding alot or utes then sedans, although ive been looking at a sedan the idea of a ute is appealing to me.

The only thing i would be carrying around in the tray would be spearfishing gear and sometimes building materials as we do ALOT of stuff around the house by ourselves... Just wondering if any people who swapped over from a sedan to a ute has missed the back seats and any other pro's and cons of ute ownership...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

Missing the back seat is good - you always have an excuse to not have passengers in your car. I hate passengers. They talk too much. Sometimes they even scream. The stuff in the back of my ute never does that. And you'll have a much greater range of manual utes from which to choose - not as many manual sedans.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I never miss the back seat when I had a ute. I carn't remember why i went back to a sedan. Utes look better & a lot more fun to drive.
Old 20-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #4
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Well, if I had my time agin, I would have picked a ute, no questions asked.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

I love my ute and dont miss having a sedan most of the time.
It's great to not have to cart around mates all the time,Get a hard cover and you dont have to help move them either :thebirds:
You can crash out in the tray if you have a matress in there and are able to stretch your legs out. Great for other activities.:

You have a massive esky when you go camping if you have a hard cover, just fill the tray up with ice :

the utes look awesome with a little bit of work

Utes are heavier so not quite as quick as the sedan of the same model, but on the ute side your mate with the sedan probally has your other 4 mates with him thus your going to be quicker anyways.

You miss out on the IRS but the suspension in the utes can still be made to stick to the road like glue.:eclipsee_

Basicly unless you have kids and really need a back seat, go the ute.
Different story though if a T3 is on the cards.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

If you buy a ute you could find yourself becoming the new best friend of anyone moving house or buying large bulky items....
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

I have both a sedan and ute and I can homestly say that if didn't use the ute for work I'd have a station wagon instead.

I find that ute has its limitations if you have a family so if this is possibility get the sedan T3 like Sylox said I'd reccommend it!!
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Tickford Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #8
Brute33
Boss 350

I have a family and a ute. The wifes car is for the family
Brute33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends where you live, utes cost more to register.

But go for the ute - especially if you do a lot of stuff around the home.