Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 28-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Default Sandown

Is anybody going to Sandown on sunday??
ORSM-EL

RED FGII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's happening at Sandown on Sunday?
Ducati888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
old fordnut
too many fords

V8 supercars

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

i will if it doesn't rain lol

Get us inside for free to show our cars would you

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'll be there..

Was planning on taking the work bommadore, but could bring the T out of mothballs if you were happy for me to join in

edit; and it's not raining.

Last edited by Elks; 28-07-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Elks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

I'm going on Sunday regardless if we're displaying or not.

Tony(Elks), you're more than welcome to join us mate, just please don't take the bombadore...

1. ORSM-EL
2. Dr Squirt (scared of rain lol)
3. ORSMT-2
4. Elks

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

well , i feel sick at the announcement of 888 going to the other side , ive lost all interest in this
RED FGII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-EL
well , i feel sick at the announcement of 888 going to the other side , ive lost all interest in this
WHAT!!!
Well thats just fanfrickentastic! Only way I could feel better about it is if I was kicked in the nuts! Just awsome!! : : :
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Was thinking about it but not a chance now. I have zero interest in seeing the &%$#@ in those vodafone cars.
Old 30-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Cool, lets for sunny skies etc...
Old 30-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

As some of you guys are not trolls like i am - here is the news :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Received this morning:

As long time supporters of Ford, we thought you should hear directly from us about today’s announcement that the Triple 8 race team and its drivers, including Craig Lowndes, will be racing Holdens next year. There is a lot of speculation and some negative commentary around about the decision so I’m giving you the facts.

Firstly, we sponsored Triple 8 to the tune of millions of dollars for a number of years. We honoured every single aspect of our sponsorship arrangement with them and in return, we asked for one thing – that they respect our brand by painting their cars blue. This wasn’t just a simple request, it was written into their contracts over a number of years – and each year Triple 8 chose to defy that contractual obligation and paint their cars red. That may seem relatively minor to you but it’s not to us. We’re running a business at Ford and investing millions of dollars in supporting motorsport. If someone continues to take large sums of money from us every year while continuing to blatantly defy the obligations they’ve agreed to in order to obtain that money, then we have no choice but to end that arrangement.

Make no mistake – Triple 8 was given every opportunity to live up to the contractual arrangements they agreed to. Eventually we said enough – as any responsible company would do. I make no apologies for doing that. It’s not just about the cars being painted blue, it’s about whether or not we have an open and trusting relationship with an organisation that significantly benefits from their involvement with us. That wasn’t there and, in the market environment we’ve been facing over the last few years, we simply cannot afford to continue giving money to a team that does not respect our brand.

Secondly, we are hugely disappointed that Craig Lowndes will be returning to Holden at the end of this year. We’re disappointed because he’s a great talent and we’re disappointed because we have gone out of our way to welcome Craig into the Ford family since he moved to us in 2001. We’re also disappointed because we found out this was happening on Tuesday evening. Our sponsorship of Craig has benefited him to the tune of millions of dollars since 2001 and I have yet to receive a phone call from Craig himself telling me of his decision to re-sign with Triple 8 and subsequently return to Holden. We had every intention of continuing our relationship with Craig into next year but this is now not possible.

We continue to support motorsport in Australia through our direct sponsorship of FPR and SBR and we also continue to provide significant in-kind support to other teams such as DJR. Motorsport continues to be a useful tool for us to communicate our brand promise to our customers. You can rest assured that we will continue to be involved in motorsport in Australia in the future and will do what we can to leverage our successes.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and interest in Ford.

Marin

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 30-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i will be there as per usual
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #13
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
As long time supporters of Ford, we thought you should hear directly from us about today’s announcement that the Triple 8 race team and its drivers, including Craig Lowndes, will be racing Holdens next year. There is a lot of speculation and some negative commentary around about the decision so I’m giving you the facts.

Firstly, we sponsored Triple 8 to the tune of millions of dollars for a number of years. We honoured every single aspect of our sponsorship arrangement with them and in return, we asked for one thing – that they respect our brand by painting their cars blue. This wasn’t just a simple request, it was written into their contracts over a number of years – and each year Triple 8 chose to defy that contractual obligation and paint their cars red. That may seem relatively minor to you but it’s not to us. We’re running a business at Ford and investing millions of dollars in supporting motorsport. If someone continues to take large sums of money from us every year while continuing to blatantly defy the obligations they’ve agreed to in order to obtain that money, then we have no choice but to end that arrangement.

Make no mistake – Triple 8 was given every opportunity to live up to the contractual arrangements they agreed to. Eventually we said enough – as any responsible company would do. I make no apologies for doing that. It’s not just about the cars being painted blue, it’s about whether or not we have an open and trusting relationship with an organisation that significantly benefits from their involvement with us. That wasn’t there and, in the market environment we’ve been facing over the last few years, we simply cannot afford to continue giving money to a team that does not respect our brand.

Secondly, we are hugely disappointed that Craig Lowndes will be returning to Holden at the end of this year. We’re disappointed because he’s a great talent and we’re disappointed because we have gone out of our way to welcome Craig into the Ford family since he moved to us in 2001. We’re also disappointed because we found out this was happening on Tuesday evening. Our sponsorship of Craig has benefited him to the tune of millions of dollars since 2001 and I have yet to receive a phone call from Craig himself telling me of his decision to re-sign with Triple 8 and subsequently return to Holden. We had every intention of continuing our relationship with Craig into next year but this is now not possible.

We continue to support motorsport in Australia through our direct sponsorship of FPR and SBR and we also continue to provide significant in-kind support to other teams such as DJR. Motorsport continues to be a useful tool for us to communicate our brand promise to our customers. You can rest assured that we will continue to be involved in motorsport in Australia in the future and will do what we can to leverage our successes.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and interest in Ford.

Marin
Hmmmmm! I can see their point BUT I'm pretty sure everyone, myself included knows that 888 were driving FORDS and I'm DAMB SURE that every HOLDEN supporter and Team affilliate NEW it aswell, no matter what colour the cars were!! They could of been PINK for F's sake, EVERYONE NEW they were still FORDS AND WINNING!!!! WHAT MORE RESPECT DO YOU WANT????????? DJR (dont get me wrong I love em) sure as poo aint BLUE cars. They are in there MAJOR SPONSORS COLOURS that look like Jimmy cans, VODAPHONE are 888's MAJOR SPONSOR and they just happen to be RED and SILVER. :
Yes I'm disapointed. :

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
Old 30-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Only one the FPR cars are Blue anyway and I believe Lowndes means more to Holden people then will ever mean to Ford people.

HRT cars are fluro orange.

The whole thing's a mess.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Guys, this topic is being debated in the pits section.
Old 31-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I pretty much lost most of my interest when Rick Kelly won the championship 2 years back. I think Ford had a pretty good reason to pull thier support, afterall we don't want them to go under like GM. However choosing which teams to continue to support based on thier sponsors colours is certainly the wrong way to do it, so I don't blame 888 to be upset about it. These days I'd much prefer to watch the racing from overseas than the V8's. There's just too much politics now and spoils the racing.

However if a few of you are gonna go together then I'll join ya just to check out the grid girls
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

On Natalie Lowdnes facebook page, she goes that it was news to "US"
just wondering if 888 got the 2 drivers to re-sign, then pull this one ?????????
Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #18
old fordnut
too many fords

can you still get ticketrs at the gate?

Daily driver 2: Nissan gq patrol

Project 1: XP ute, 351W, c4, 9inch

Project 2: XBGS sedan, sunburnt orange and vinyl, original 4spd, 302C.
old fordnut is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Just tyring to confirm is there going to be a display or not. If so what time and where otherwise it's the bommadore in the car park.

Cheers
T
Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #20
MR_LON
ORSMT5

there is no club display for our club or the majority of clubs that were there last year.
there is a small display from the FPV & HSV clubs but under different conditions to what has been in the past.
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Only 8 FORDS running next season I hear. May as well not show up! V8 Super Holdens :

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
Old 02-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXR8ED
Only 8 FORDS running next season I hear. May as well not show up! V8 Super Holdens :

Cheers
Glenn
The death of V8 supercars is comming close... Maybe we will see group A rules return to ensure its survival?
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anybody take any pics of the days events?

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKHMR
Did anybody take any pics of the days events?
I got a few pics - mostly of Grid Girls ***'s lol

And I only noticed the XXXX Trailer Pub at the end of the day as it was at the end of the straight - got to see one show by the XXXX Gals - so so GOOD

Went on Sunday - Got in for free - watched the Start of the Race then went back to mates place and watched the rest of the race then came back to watch Jones and Moffat with last years T8 FORD cars

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
I got a few pics - mostly of Grid Girls ***'s lol

And I only noticed the XXXX Trailer Pub at the end of the day as it was at the end of the straight - got to see one show by the XXXX Gals - so so GOOD

Went on Sunday - Got in for free - watched the Start of the Race then went back to mates place and watched the rest of the race then came back to watch Jones and Moffat with last years T8 FORD cars
Well at least you got the good ones first.
How was the Jones and Moffat show?

Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #26
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Sonic is across the road from my mates workshop and I saw these cars just after they bought them from T8 in 12/2008

The Jane Car

The Moffat Car

This is all I got of the XXXX Gals - My Battery DIED :(

The Lions Den - opps a gal got in the way

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #27
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

i didnt see any cars??
Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #28
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted

Those two vodaphone holdens look a lot like fords!lol

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i took some pics on saturday...

http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/r...r6turbo/V8SC09
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the pics lads. Looks nothing like last year.

Quote: