Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 21-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
lightninGStrike FPV

Default Driver Training here I come

How good is my wife. :
Anne entered a competition in the paper for a full day driver training course,
And you bloody beauty I won. : Sorry to all you die hard Ford fans but it is at the Holden Driving Centre. Oh well at least I can see how good or bad the new commodores go.

lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
lightninGStrike FPV

Sorry peolpe put this in the wrong place can someone move it to General Discussions.
Thanks
Old 21-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lucky bugger heath.

Ian
Old 21-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done Heath (and your wonderful wife for entering)..

Who really cares what car you get to do it in (omg, did I seriously just say that e ).... It's the experience and fun that counts...

I am sure you will have lots of fun....
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

How cool Heath. Anne is a treasure. You get so much out of a driver training day doesn't matter what car. Take heaps of photos and get them photoshopped (is that what it is called?) and no-one will know.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
lightninGStrike FPV

As much as I love my XR I've owned plenty of Holdens as well. Dare I say it they are much the same these days both go faster than I can drive them and handle better than I can keep them on the track. I cant wait, I'm sure it will be a blast. No need for photoshop, I'm not ashamed to be seen flogging a Holden. :hihi:
Old 13-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
lightninGStrike FPV

Well the big day has past. How much fun is that.
I will have to take back my last comment on the commodore going better than I can handle. What a slug. Yes it was a 6 not an 8. Give it a boot full and two minutes later still waiting for some serious pickup. Thank god for the mighty turbo. Oh well, still taught me a thing or two. Things you would never even think about like steering and keeping your arms away from centre near air bag. How many of us cross one hand over the other when turning a corner. The instructor said an air bag goes off at about 200km/h at least you will know what time you had the accident when they dig your watch out of your forehead. ABS does'nt do much at a 100km lock up. Learnt heaps about braking and cornering at high speeds. Can't wait till the next track day. will eventually do their 2 day course to learn a litter more. Shame you can't do it in your own car.

Yeah, Yeah I thanked Anne, what a legend.
Old 13-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is awesome to hear you had a great time and learnt stuff...

You know, we all knew you would come back and want to change your previous holden comment.. But, I think everyone decided to let you have your delusional moment that a holden is good in any way :

: :evil_laug
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #9
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

It is all ok, you see at the 'H' word' driving centre there is also a V8 supercar school, and they have Fords. So even though it is a 'H' word' place Ford still managed to infiltrate.... hahaha

It is great fun there though...my fiancee went to the V8 superschool and got to drive the Ford round the track.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #10
lightninGStrike FPV

Yes I noticed the V8s just waiting for someone to give them a go.
The centre is having a function with all the Holden dealers to release the new Commodore. A truck was dropping the new cars off while I was there. All under covers of cause. They even had a security guard watching our every move just in case we sneeked a look. Now if it was a new Ford I would of given him the slip to check one out. They are also closing the museum so the race team can use that building. Guess all the old Holdens will have to find a new home. Anyone offering????
Old 14-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Guess all the old Holdens will have to find a new home. Anyone offering????
they could always try the local tip! :evil_laug