Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
FPV_Steve
Livin Life in the F6 Lane

Default BFII F6 brake enquiry

Hey Matt,

I am considering upgrading my brake set up on my BFII F6 Typhoon.

I currently have the brembo 4/1 set up on my car.

Can you give me a quote on the cost of a brembo 6/4 set up, just for the calipers themselves.

I am also assuming that the 19" standard FPV wheels I have will be able to fit the 6/4 set up?

Also, if I was to purchase the 6/4 caliper set up, do I have to get new brake discs & pads or can I use my current ones until they need to be replaced?

Lastly, do the braided brake lines improve braking performance and are they worth buying?

Cheers,

Stephen

FPV_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: BFII F6 brake enquiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_Steve
Hey Matt,

I am considering upgrading my brake set up on my BFII F6 Typhoon.

I currently have the brembo 4/1 set up on my car.

Can you give me a quote on the cost of a brembo 6/4 set up, just for the calipers themselves.

I am also assuming that the 19" standard FPV wheels I have will be able to fit the 6/4 set up?

Also, if I was to purchase the 6/4 caliper set up, do I have to get new brake discs & pads or can I use my current ones until they need to be replaced?

Lastly, do the braided brake lines improve braking performance and are they worth buying?

Cheers,

Stephen
Stephen we can do the full 6/4 kit with rotors and braided lines from $4500
The front rotors on your kit could be used but the rear can't as they are different but my suggestion is buy the 6/4 kit complete so you can resell your 4/1 kit complete.
Braided lines are inluded in the kit price and will give you a firmer pedal.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
FPV_Steve

Thanks for that.

Can I just also find out what the front 6 piston and rear 4 pistons cost separately as well.

And what I'm looking at for a new set of rear rotors for the 4 piston calipers?

Cheers,

Stephen

Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks for that.

Can I just also find out what the front 6 piston and rear 4 pistons cost separately as well.

And what I'm looking at for a new set of rear rotors for the 4 piston calipers?

Cheers,

Stephen
We have a basic 6 piston kit from $2099 and a rear 4 piston kit from $2000 but this all changes when different rotors and braided lines and pad material is added.For example the 6/4 kit i quoted from $4500 has certain products in it that don't come wih the cheaper options but we can mix and match to a point depending on what you want.
Rear DBA T3 330mm slotted rotors to suit the brembo's are $235 each

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
FPV_Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
We have a basic 6 piston kit from $2099 and a rear 4 piston kit from $2000 but this all changes when different rotors and braided lines and pad material is added.For example the 6/4 kit i quoted from $4500 has certain products in it that don't come wih the cheaper options but we can mix and match to a point depending on what you want.
Rear DBA T3 330mm slotted rotors to suit the brembo's are $235 each
Hi Matt,

Got another question for what you have said above. Can you give me a break down for what is provided as part of the $4,500 6/4 kit you provide.

I was aiming on getting the 6/4 caliper set up, dba 5000 front rotors, dba 4000 rear rotors, braided brake lines, good quality brake fluid and the pads I'm not too sure, but I am currently running Bendix SRT pads on the front and happy with them.

Cheers,

Stephen

Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hi Matt,

Got another question for what you have said above. Can you give me a break down for what is provided as part of the $4,500 6/4 kit you provide.

I was aiming on getting the 6/4 caliper set up, dba 5000 front rotors, dba 4000 rear rotors, braided brake lines, good quality brake fluid and the pads I'm not too sure, but I am currently running Bendix SRT pads on the front and happy with them.

Cheers,

Stephen
The kit is a bolt on kit so all parts are supplied to bolt it on and for Forum members we supply the DBA T3 (4000's) slotted discs front and back in the $4500 kit with factory brake pads and braided lines included.
We can do a kit for you with the 5000 fronts and SRT pads all round if thats what you want but it will be around the $5400 mark.

Phone 02 9609 1101