The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2024, 01:59 PM   #19
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Injectors - aftermarket vs remanufactured vs service

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
CMPs are new, I put the GOSS ones in. And you are right, if the CMP goes bad, the VCT goes back to base timing as a fail safe from what I understand.

With the CKP, I was wondering if it could be playing up at start up (either not giving the correct signal, or weak signal) but once started, it goes good. But sounds like it either works or it doesn't?

Every 1 in 10 or so starts, it fires up first crank. It does feel like fuelling issue or some sort, but I'm getting good power once she starts, which then puts a bit of doubt in my mind.

Anyhow, I'll leave the CKP alone for now. Have to remove A/C compressor to get to it on the 3v!
You handy with an oscilloscope? If you can get to a CKP connector/wiring loom somewhere at the back of the ECU, you could back probe it and check out the signal - you'll quickly know if its not doing **** when its doing its extended crank.

One would assume it would log fault codes if its having CKP issues as well, as thats a no-start condition.

We're talking a BA/BF here, maybe its not that smart to log this sort of stuff if its an intermittent problem.

You can get 'pocket' oscilloscopes pretty cheap these days, its a good way to verify if a sensor is working correctly.

In future, use genuine Ford stuff for sensors if you can still get your hands on them, have had all sorts of dramas with aftermarket CKP in the past with them lasting about 5 minutes, been burnt too many times on that **** so genuine only for me.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post