Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
EBIIXR6
★★★★★

Default 3" Exhaust - How much?

A question for those who have a custom 3 inch exhaust system fitted on their I6.. How much did it cost? what Cat and mufflers are you using and did they use a modified V8 tailpipe?
I have heard prices of between 4-600 fitted.. does this sound right?
cheers

Old 20-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
webby_191189
low wagooon

well its about 300-350 for a 2.5 inch so that price sounds ok. 600 sounds a bit rich tho. 3 inch might be a tad big and im not sure how it would sound. Each to there own tho

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

UNEZED had one on his car, just a straight through pipe with no mufflers though, it was the loudest thing I ever heard but it sounded like absolute crap and it had heaps of back pressure therefore losing heaps of power, he got caught after a while for a EPA test, it was something like 125-130 decibals IIRC
Old 20-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
AUTickford
XD197

Unless its turbo a 2.5 inch should suffice,3 inch is too big and will sound really pooey and will make less power and yes the price you said is alot for an exhaust unless it includes a hi flow cat.A 2.5 inch should be around 220-300 roughly.
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Skooter

Don't go 3inch unless you're planning forced induction very soon, there is simply no point. All it will cause you is more attention from the boys in blue, a loss in performance and an all round rank sound.
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
EBIIXR6
★★★★★

currently turbocharging...

Im hoping 3 inch Ceramic High flow cat + One Muffler + V8 Tailpipe + Labour wont break my wallet

does anyone know the price of the 3 inch tailpipe that both Redback and Lukey make?
Old 24-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

I dont know but I wouldn't pay much more then 400 for a 3" I just got a redback 2.5 on my new car(NC LANE) for 250...

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Soundstream speakers amp and subs
Lowered
DL LTD rims
: thats it!
For the moment... :
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
98elxr6

3'' is too big i had one on my xf with extractors and a t5 box it was way too loud you could hear it for miles and i had to idle past all cops i seen. And fuel consumption was terrible also im pretty sure i lost power with it on i was told 2 1/2'' is the biggest you should go on a l6
98elxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 12:21 AM   #9
EBIIXR6
★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98elxr6
3'' is too big i had one on my xf with extractors and a t5 box it was way too loud you could hear it for miles and i had to idle past all cops i seen. And fuel consumption was terrible also im pretty sure i lost power with it on i was told 2 1/2'' is the biggest you should go on a l6
Read up..
Its for a turbo setup. I got the price from lukey of the 3" tailpipe and its $180
Old 25-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #10
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Is it better to do the extractors first then the exhaust, or the other way around, or do both together????
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
old_mate
Smash the Boost

exhaust. then extractors or both together. extractors into stock exhaust is terrible

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
exhaust. then extractors or both together. extractors into stock exhaust is terrible
Nah looking at a 2.5 inch system got a bonus coming up in September so thats where it will be heading :
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post