Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #3751
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I’m going to have a week’s worth of bookings for Richard Simmons if he tours.

Local glazier offered to use borosilicate, it was his proposal - after so long I was happy to just have 5mm float glass and hadn’t mentioned the alternative.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 12:57 AM   #3752
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
following on. from Slowsnakes comment about taking pride in work, and in the spirit of me feeling good; our earthworks finished yesterday. the guy who did the work, owns his own company, he is 36 and takes enormous pride in his work. My wife and I stood and watched him at times. the excavator was simply an extension of him. It was like watching a precision performance. It certainly made me feel good, getting the job done, ahead of time and in such a neat and precise way. 450 Tons of (mainly) rock and earth moved.

A talented excavator/bobcat driver is very satisfying to watch!!!
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 08:31 AM   #3753
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m going to have a week’s worth of bookings for Richard Simmons if he tours.

Local glazier offered to use borosilicate, it was his proposal - after so long I was happy to just have 5mm float glass and hadn’t mentioned the alternative.
It's only for the heat thats generated I think, I did a little maintenance shutdown in the mid 80's at Pilkington glass Sydney, its amazing what you learn about things if you take an interest in the work!..lol...walking around the factory during lunch was interesting, see how they make glass, cool.

I am sure borosilicate is Pyrex type glass!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2021, 08:44 AM   #3754
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
A talented excavator/bobcat driver is very satisfying to watch!!!
Too true, but anyone can learn to operate machinery, I used to like watching a grader on a roadworks, but the final trim operator, wow, now he was the " pièce de résistance "

They watch the front wheels, and stand in the cab, so they can see the front wheels!...lol

Wheels up, blade down...

Wheels down, blade up...that's the basics of it,

Last edited by slowsnake; 12-10-2021 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Add accent on both "e's"
Old 12-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #3755
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Spotted the new VLocity Sprinter class train they have been quietly trialling on the Albury to Melbourne line.
Good to see emblazed along the side, Proudly built in Australia

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #3756
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Spotted the new VLocity Sprinter class train they have been quietly trialling on the Albury to Melbourne line.
Good to see emblazed along the side, Proudly built in Australia
Would be big jobs/contracts/testing. I know at least some of the Buses in Victoria are made out Dandenong way, well at least they were a few years back.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #3757
slowsnake
Banned

Wow, out front chatting to my cat, it's bloody freezing here, 6am, ice on rear car window, left it sticking out of carport last night.
I live in a street 100 metres long, so between a T with a deadend one way, and a main road, so me and cat are talking about the girl cat that's moved in on corner, he has no idea what I'm saying but mews occasionally and nods his head!..lol.

Suddenly and unexplicitly he runs into house?
It means one of 2 things, there is a dog walker out of sight to me but within his superior hearing range, or he can hear a car, not truck or bike or I would hear it!
Well not 2 seconds later 2 Tarago type vans come slowly around corner followed by a police paddy wagon and a 4x4 with blacked out windows, they drive 50 metres toward main road and stop short of the corner!

Mmm, got my interest, I watch as 2 dudes get out of 4x4, must be bossmen and 5 fully loaded TRG coppers get out of the 2 vans, they take off down main road leaving 2 uniformed cops at the vans, I walk over and ask what's going on, uniforms tell me to go home, I said, well that's nice, a citizen sees 2 coppers standing around and was about to offer you a coffee as a courtesy, ( that's crap, I was being nosey)

Jump in car to go get morning paper, and drove down main road, the TRG, are at a house 50 m along main road, must be gang crime or drugs, still it made my day, it really made me feel good, and I hate the ***** who lives in the house they busted, he's a twin bull mastiff owning walk around with his shirt off type dude, steroid city, him and his damn dogs, maggots, what do you do with garbage!
Old 13-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #3758
.:4:.
Kicking back

When i was on the ebays a few days ago buying parts to unbreak my rc car, for no greater reason then cheap and sent from within the state, i bought a cheap bluetooth obd2 doodle, $19 cheap so if it worked thats a bonus. So today i was having a play with forscan on my phone. So the thing works. Forscan tells me so much stuff i either dont need to know or dont understand. So i did all the module tests etc just for fun, knowing nothing would come up as the car is running good, no dash lights etc.
The guage cluster test is the most fun. Lights up like a christmas tree, all the dials go full scale deflection then it plays a monotune song that sounds like its straight out of an 80s computer game.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #3759
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought an old mobility scooter a while ago with the intention of pulling it apart and building an electric yard vehicle to carry firewood, hay, dirt, tools etc. It's been sitting in a million pieces while I dealt with life and was going nowhere fast. Fast forward to last week when I got into it again.
It's now basically finished and surprise, surprise it works!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 04:38 PM   #3760
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Having an awesome car

Having an awesome job

Having a fat ol' bank account for the first time in 52yr's

Staying off the interwebs for weeks at a time

Seeing life for what it is...

And buying LEGO whenever i want too
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #3761
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And you can now buy gender neutral Lego, plus Superman is bi, stop the world I want to get off.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #3762
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

I know right :/

I just bought that remote controlled D11 Dozer to go with my Leibherr 9800 excavator

The prices are ridiculous !!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #3763
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Measure twice, etc. Just discovered something I thought a non-standard size, is in fact standard. Saves a bunch of effort - I’d been planning to accommodate difficulty after only eyeballing it.
Old 13-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #3764
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
And you can now buy gender neutral Lego, plus Superman is bi, stop the world I want to get off.
Doesnt make you feel good
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #3765
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little ol' me View Post
Hearing that my daughter's friend's aunt, Chloe McCardel, has just equalled the record for the most number of swum crossings of the English Channel. That's now 43 times she has swum the Channel. She'll be aiming for the outright record on Sunday.

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.co...nnel-crossing/

Well done Chloe!
And Chloe is now the record holder, having completed her 44th crossing of the English Channel overnight! An awesome effort in its own right, but especially so given she is suffering from a chest infection!

Congrats Chloe!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #3766
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
And Chloe is now the record holder, having completed her 44th crossing of the English Channel overnight! An awesome effort in its own right, but especially so given she is suffering from a chest infection!

Congrats Chloe!
Dident she do it last week too!...geez mate that's a big gutsy effort, good on her
Old 14-10-2021, 09:42 AM   #3767
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Having an awesome car

Having an awesome job

Having a fat ol' bank account for the first time in 52yr's

Staying off the interwebs for weeks at a time

Seeing life for what it is...

And buying LEGO whenever i want too
You got a big head!...
Old 14-10-2021, 10:09 AM   #3768
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Dident she do it last week too!...geez mate that's a big gutsy effort, good on her
She did, yes. I was reading her back story and a few years ago she did a non-stop triple crossing of the Channel (took around 37 hours ) so I'm guessing turning around after a few days of recovery wouldn't be too bad in comparison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 14-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #3769
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
She did, yes. I was reading her back story and a few years ago she did a non-stop triple crossing of the Channel (took around 37 hours ) so I'm guessing turning around after a few days of recovery wouldn't be too bad in comparison.
My shoulders are aching just thinking about it, and its autumn over there, but good stuff, she should be invited onto the TV show SAS, never mind the the overpaid sports people, give a self funded battler a chance, she would win on sheer determination and put a quarter million bucks in the kick!
Old 14-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #3770
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Chloe also holds the record of longest unassisted ocean swim, a 124km trek from South Eleuthera Island to Nassau in the Bahama.

124km!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #3771
slowsnake
Banned

Fair dinkum, she would be the main attraction on any sports or physical based challenge on TV!
Am not joking, she seems to have all the necessary attributes!
Plus she deserves it.......
Old 15-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #3772
slowsnake
Banned

Had conference by phone with Sydney Lawyers, got a video conference on Monday morning, to do with my lung cancer, they are positive it is asbestos related as am I, but if you smoke the doctors blame it on everything from warts to hair loss!...lol.

Mine was not a smoking related cancer and have been on NSW Asbestos register since 1999, my lawyers have been following my cancer for 4 years, now they pounce on James Hardie and their rotten products, I don't want money, I'm very happy being me, Billy, happy with my cat and my life!

But, they took my lung, it was very happy sitting in my chest, keeping my heart company, and James Hardie will now have to pay for their deception, no more or less, that has made me very happy, no big payout, I'm retired so no loss of earnings, but just the satisfaction in knowing that you can't kill your workers and walk away Scott free!.......
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:10 PM   #3773
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Red Ferrari coming up?
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #3774
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Gas leak.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/sm...2-4afc329c0658
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 07:04 PM   #3775
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No more lockdown. Hopefully can get back to the office soon but for now can drive wherever I please whenever I feel like
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 09:37 PM   #3776
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Red Ferrari coming up?
Yep, do Matchbox still make them?....hahaha!

If I get anything CB it will go to charity, I am at a perfect place in my life, sated is a word that comes to mind, yep, very satisfied, content even, just want James Hardie to know how their products have affected my life, all these years later, but they were well aware when I was blowing brake drums and brake shoes and backing plates, to clean em in 1969 that it was poison, and later in 1976 sanding AC extruded or moulded products, do you know the old Mount Druitt Police Station?

If you drive past the first floor balcony has balustrades I made and epoxied and screwed then together, then belt sanded, its still there, my lawyers may get court order to take a plug to see what % is asbestos.

And of course Gove NT, 1980-81, low pressure steam pipe asbestos lagging, I used to get covered in it, had to move it to cut into the pipes, which was often, you wouldn't think that what's happening now to my body was caused by something so preventable!

Last edited by slowsnake; 15-10-2021 at 09:43 PM.
Old 16-10-2021, 01:56 AM   #3777
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Today I learned about 'borage' an edible and medicinal herb which is good at attracting bees and has a bright coloured flower.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borage

It's the little things like that, learnign something new etc that fights all the bad stuff trying stopping me going on.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #3778
.:4:.
Kicking back

So australia post made a saturday delivery. The bits to fix my rc car. Really nice anodized ally caster blocks. So slapped those in and on a pretty well dead battery gave the thing a test rip. It still works, but my mate next door stuck his head over so i let him give it a run. In that time his sister and her family rocked up. And by then the rc car hit battery cuttoff. So good timing for my mate i thought, go off and do uncle duties. 5 minutes later my mate texts me. His neice really wanted to watch the rc car. Yeah i had a second fully charged battery. So i slapped that in and handed it over with the instruction if your going to break it, do it properly. His neice was super excited. Shes 3 or so. My mate didnt break it which is nice, but he did beat my record of 79kmh with an 81.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #3779
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Looks like I'm the proud new owner of a second hand John Deere ride on mower.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 09:28 PM   #3780
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taking the dog for a walk past the local Primary School and the Mulberry tree is laden with fruit hanging over the fence, got purple fingers now.
4 users like this post: