Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2021, 01:40 PM   #6421
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 ford f100 View Post
Hi Guys new here and i need help hope someone can help.LOng story cut short i have a 1955 F100 project and have used an AU fairlane as donner car,i have used the wiring loom from fairlane and all running gear,problem is i cant get any response from key when trying to start engine I NEED HELP
Welcome to AFF, and you could probably find help in the F series section............. https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=243
Old 24-11-2021, 09:53 PM   #6422
jcaddy
Starter Motor

Hello,
Have a BA ute with a blown V8. The plate quotes a ' Z ' engine which I think is a 5.4
It is a one owner ' barn find ' deceased estate. It is pretty well rust free to my eye and very straight in the body
Just wondering if this is something worthwhile to restore.
Would appreciate feedback please.
jcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 09:06 AM   #6423
Nel66

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me on the forum. I've just ordered my first ever Ford and a long wait ahead of me. Look forward to all the advice and words of wisdom on here!
Nel66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #6424
andymb1
getRealBluey

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

took me awhile to find this site, worth the wait. Hope you get alot out of it. Welcome aboard.
andymb1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #6425
Thirdhilux
Starter Motor

Hi guys first Ford I’ve owned 1967 XR Fairmont with lots of rust in dills and torque boxes do just stripping down now
Any one else in S/E suburb near Cranbourne?
Cheers Don

Last edited by Thirdhilux; 25-11-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
Thirdhilux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 11:21 AM   #6426
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaddy View Post
Hello,
Have a BA ute with a blown V8. The plate quotes a ' Z ' engine which I think is a 5.4
It is a one owner ' barn find ' deceased estate. It is pretty well rust free to my eye and very straight in the body
Just wondering if this is something worthwhile to restore.
Would appreciate feedback please.
Look in the usual B-series/Ute rust areas. Under screen (plenum), under front guards below plenum (remove splash shields), A-pillar three-piece pinched welded flange, inside adjacent to cab rear wall vents, rear corners of cab interior bracing, chassis section bottom immediately forward of front spring mounts, outer sill rear corners. Maybe under battery tray as well.

Factory V8s are becoming rarer, if it’s a 3V there should be decent parts resources to salvage the motor on a budget.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2021, 03:30 PM   #6427
jcaddy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Look in the usual B-series/Ute rust areas. Under screen (plenum), under front guards below plenum (remove splash shields), A-pillar three-piece pinched welded flange, inside adjacent to cab rear wall vents, rear corners of cab interior bracing, chassis section bottom immediately forward of front spring mounts, outer sill rear corners. Maybe under battery tray as well.

Factory V8s are becoming rarer, if it’s a 3V there should be decent parts resources to salvage the motor on a budget.

Okay will do. Thank you greatly appreciated
jcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #6428
simpdan
Starter Motor

Hi all, I have a 1985 Ford TX5 TURBO that I bought new and a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium diesel. I'm having trouble with the power windows with the 2012 Focus Titanium and it's not a fuse. Driver's side moves each time I hit the window button. Takes several button pushes to get the wind all the way down and then same thing all the way up. Any ideas appreciated. Good to be in the Forum.
simpdan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 12:54 PM   #6429
Redtooth
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All,
I bought a second hand Ford Territory SZ diesel 2012 model last year. The power windows work even without the key. I guess it has been modified.

The problem is, the power windows stop working without any reason. When i unplug the main controller and plug back again or remove the fuse and put it back again, it starts working again.
I have changed all the switches assuming a faulty switch but the problem is back again.
Any suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Redtooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 01:30 PM   #6430
AmandaSeidel
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all

My name is Amanda and have owned a 1995 EF Ford Fairmont for around 10 years now. I inherited it from my late Mum �� and I love my car!

I’m a pretty hands on sorta chick and pretty capable. I have replaced my radiator myself previously and lots of other little things and have been removing some rust and stuff too lately.

Have been having trouble for a while with my inhibitor switch. Well, this is what my mechanic says is the problem. Sometimes it won’t start, but a bit of playing with the gear lever and she normally starts. So I have just purchased a new one and about to give it a go! I just need to borrow some ramps and I’m onto it although I wish the rain would stop! �� wish me luck cos I’m a tad nervous!

So glad I joined this forum though cos I can already see advice about lots of my other issues

Cheers everyone
AmandaSeidel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #6431
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Welcome. We’ve suspended loyalty pledge activities due to Covid concerns, so new members are currently getting away lightly.

Sometimes you’ll find the transmission switch connectors are well stuck with years of fine dust, sand, pebbles wedged in their latches. Be patient, and prepared to carefully pick this all out so the connector isn’t damaged in the changeover.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2021, 12:12 PM   #6432
dutcht25
Starter Motor

Hi, my first time on here and my first question,,, I have a 2009 XR5 Mondeo manual and it looks like I need a new Body Control Module which I believe to cost around $2500. The Ford dealer then told me it may not fix the problem so my question is can I replace it with a second hand BCM and does it need to be the exact same part number?

Hope someone can help,
Charlie
dutcht25 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #6433
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutcht25 View Post
Hi, my first time on here and my first question,,, I have a 2009 XR5 Mondeo manual and it looks like I need a new Body Control Module which I believe to cost around $2500. The Ford dealer then told me it may not fix the problem so my question is can I replace it with a second hand BCM and does it need to be the exact same part number?

Hope someone can help,
Charlie
If you are in SE QLD, contact Jaime at OEM Denied Performance on the Sunshine Coast. Even if not he is still the person to speak to
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2021, 12:36 PM   #6434
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtooth View Post
Hi All,
I bought a second hand Ford Territory SZ diesel 2012 model last year. The power windows work even without the key. I guess it has been modified.

The problem is, the power windows stop working without any reason. When i unplug the main controller and plug back again or remove the fuse and put it back again, it starts working again.
I have changed all the switches assuming a faulty switch but the problem is back again.
Any suggestion or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The windows functioning after the key has been removed, is a standard feature on Aussie made Fords (Falcon and Territory). I'm not sure what the period is, but after a certain time, this functionality is disabled. This also occurs after you unlock the car using the remote fob.

Are you sure that what is happening to your Tez is not this intentional feature?

To be honest, I love this feature. I think it is one of the most convenient functions the engineers built into our Aussie Fords. I hate it when I drive my Mum's X-trail and all windows cease to function as soon as you turn off the ignition.

Hope that helps, Redtooth.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 01:00 PM   #6435
Nobody
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, I’m mainly here just to read. I have a 94 EF XR8. Thanks 😊
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #6436
76F100
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Recently bought my dream car (76 F100 SWB). I have some plans to do a late model engine and trans swap along with some suspension work. Hoping to share and gain some F series and general ford knowledge here.
76F100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2021, 04:51 PM   #6437
Scottmefooked
Starter Motor

Hi peeps, first time posting, I have a 2000 AU2 ute, 6cyl auto. Recently it has started to change from 4th to 3rd and back again randomly, it might do it once a trip or 50 times a trip, also every now and again I have to put slight forward pressure on the gear stick for it to start. I have never owned a late model car full of electronics so this is new to me, 266000km on the car, all original running gear, ex Qfleet car. I have read some similar problems on here and they all say the inhibitor switch is to blame, would this be a fair bet? Thanks for your time
Scottmefooked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2021, 12:25 PM   #6438
Rita
Starter Motor

Hi all, first post here and we are after some urgent advice. End August we bought a 2014 Territory. Started to make some quite violent thumping on acceleration, usually after turning but sometimes just on take off. It was so bad the first time I stopped and looked if someone had run into us. It was still under the 3 month warranty so had it in the garage and they exchanged the rear CV boot (sorry, I think this is what is was called), said its fixed. Still doing it (but not so violently anymore) the garage got it checked over by Ford who fixed a rear cradle misalignment. Said it's fixed. Drove off and its still doing it. Does my head in. The dealership says this is as good as it goes and its a known problem of Territories. Anyone else had this issue? We are already out of warranty but as it is an ongoing issue they are still covering it. But we are moving interstate so need it fixed now. Any hints would be very appreciated. Thanks heaps, Rita
Rita is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2021, 01:00 PM   #6439
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
Hi all, first post here and we are after some urgent advice. End August we bought a 2014 Territory. Started to make some quite violent thumping on acceleration, usually after turning but sometimes just on take off. It was so bad the first time I stopped and looked if someone had run into us. It was still under the 3 month warranty so had it in the garage and they exchanged the rear CV boot (sorry, I think this is what is was called), said its fixed. Still doing it (but not so violently anymore) the garage got it checked over by Ford who fixed a rear cradle misalignment. Said it's fixed. Drove off and its still doing it. Does my head in. The dealership says this is as good as it goes and its a known problem of Territories. Anyone else had this issue? We are already out of warranty but as it is an ongoing issue they are still covering it. But we are moving interstate so need it fixed now. Any hints would be very appreciated. Thanks heaps, Rita
Hi Rita and welcome to AFF.

You'll probably get a better response posting this in the SZ Territory thread..............https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=315
Old 19-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #6440
Harryoz
Starter Motor

Thnkypu for letting me to join in the most exciting and experienced people on here
Harryoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 05:34 PM   #6441
Ford2014
Starter Motor

Hello everyone. Originally joined FF in 2015. recently lost my log in details.
Can I get some advice, Please. Looking to sell my 2014 Falcon FGX Dedicated gas. Dealer offer not enough as trade in. Very rare none on Car sales.
Has Sync GPS and tinted windows and Tow bar. 103K KLMs. Above average condition. For dealer service. Any ideas ?? over or under 20k
Ford2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2021, 11:29 PM   #6442
MrsBee
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, I'm Mrs Bee and have been a Ford owner for most of my life. I'm looking at a newer Territory for my next vehicle. I'm hoping to learn all about them here. I'm in Central NSW on acreage and live with my husband, dogs, horses and a cat. My first Ford was an 87 Laser, my most recent was an 08 Ranger 4x4. I've had a Mondeo, Festiva and 3 Falcons as well over the years. Great cars and a shame we don't make them any more.
MrsBee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #6443
Kangaraider
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Im the new owner of a 2004 Fairmont Sedan.
My first project car, has a few mechanical issues.
First job is replacing the centre bearing.
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can get her up and have a look underneath.

Based in Sydney.
Cheers.
Kangaraider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2021, 06:54 AM   #6444
Matty XC
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Xc project car, XC 500 sedan, looking for a later motor (than current 250 xflow), car will be driven daily, yes your right probably a barra.

Cheers

Matty
Matty XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2021, 08:10 AM   #6445
NZTim
Starter Motor

Hi All , thanks for letting me join. Based in Nelson NZ and just starting the journey of restoring a 96 EFll XR6 manual.... cheers.
NZTim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2021, 11:34 PM   #6446
brianthommo69
Starter Motor

Hi, I have been a member of the group since 2019 and have been reminded that I have failed to introduce myself. I have been a Ford man since my first Ford since 78, that being an XB GS 250 four speed four door, Next came an XD wagon, XE Fairmont Ghia, EA Fairmont Ghia, AU Fairmont, FG G6 and now a 2017 Everest Trend 4wd which I have had for the past month. The Everest itself is a top machine, however somewhat disillusioned with the fuel economy and Ad Blue. Last week AdBlue was 1.26lt in Adelaide, topped up on Hamilton Vic for 2.65lt and 2.00lt in Tailem Bend. I have a 10lt drum as backup just in case. Hopefully this country gets is crap together with regards the supply of AdBlue. By the way, the G6 is still in the garage. Cheers BT
brianthommo69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2021, 08:44 AM   #6447
Tnarg Navi
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Been a ford guy since forever currently installing a 5.0 efi into a early falcon wagon will be looking for tech tips and lessons from others.
Tnarg Navi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #6448
jgarcia808
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say G'day!
I've got myself an NL Fairlane 5.0, it has a few problems which I'm working through... Fuel Pump not working... Brake Booster busted... headliner needs redoing... LPG needs removing... ignition barrel not coming out (pin doesn't let it loose)... I think that's it, now to do some searching in all the Threads.

Cheers John
jgarcia808 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #6449
*Franky_Qld51
Starter Motor

Default Re:hello fellow ford owners Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

I have a original un molested XC in amazing condition 80000 log book km. am
presently restoring a 57 f100,looking to fit jag front and rear suspension. explorer dash and floor pan ,explorer leather seats and console
*Franky_Qld51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #6450
Wayne Price
Starter Motor

Hey Everyone,
Just bought a stock 2004 BA XR6 in Vixen Red, 175k on the clock.
Always been a Ford Man, even though my other cars are a HAVAL and a 1951 Morris Oxford.

Also have a restored XF Ute which I need to sell to pay for the XR6.
Wayne Price is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post