Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #3991
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I work outdoors most of the time, I have found wearing a mask is fine up until about 24 degrees. Above that, they are an extremely uncomfortable thing to have on your face for 8 hours.

I work in retail, so we still have to wear a mask inside the shop but not required outside in the nursery. I have been still wearing the mask when speaking with customers, taking it off when I return to my task. With the amount of people through the doors everyday, I'm happy to continue with this for a while.

And yes, not seeing peoples facial expressions can be tough. I think it's nice to be greet a customer with a smile as it breaks the ice a bit, obviously not doable with a mask.

There are a few benefits to a mask though. The customer can't see yawing while they fidget with their phone to show me a pic, or see me grit my teeth when a customer is difficult.....................or the boss for that matter.
I now just need to remember I'm not wearing a mask in the office and my fellow colleagues can see me mouth "You'e a f@!%kwit" clearly when I'm listening to them carry on whilst looking interested

I'm sure I will get caught out at some stage!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #3992
slowsnake
Banned

Ha, don't talk to me about masks, I spent a good part of 35 years in one, sometimes 12 hrs or more a day, the compo doctors asked me why I dident wear a mask under the mask??

BECAUSE YA CANT BLOODY BREATH!.....
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #3993
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Realising I was right about the American Justice system, what a disgrace, ya can kill blacks, white or Hispanics now and the State backs you, shame, shame and more shame!
Look on the bright side, hopefully they have set a precedent and BLM, Black Panthers etc can now execute the racist pieces of excrement at one of their hill billy, red neck, sister marrying rallies and claim they were only try to help.
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2021, 10:58 PM   #3994
slowsnake
Banned

Buying a cooked chook at Woolies and 4 sesame seed brioche buns, shared em with my sexy neighbour then sat and hand fed our cats the good white bits, that to me is happiness, and it made me feel good too.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 12:59 AM   #3995
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Buying a cooked chook at Woolies and 4 sesame seed brioche buns, shared em with my sexy neighbour then sat and hand fed our cats the good white bits, that to me is happiness, and it made me feel good too.
Finding out today that the supermarket chook is otherwise known as a batchelors handbag.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 25-11-2021, 03:15 PM   #3996
slowsnake
Banned

An organic handbag.........

Mainly bought it as a treat for the cats, they are well fed and never eat the same catfood in a row, it's only fair, when I'm laying in bed during the day, just sort of aching, my cat will jump up to check on me, usually lays down too, it deserves to be treated, like a child!
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #3997
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Finally sitting down at the hairdressers. It’s been much of a year coming - 12th March was the last time. Actually a somewhat emotional event, a lot has changed since then and it’s wonderful to see a familiar face and setting.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #3998
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Boss Katana. Considered spending a bit more for the 2 × 12" but the single 12" was in store and had ample volume. They had the "deluxe" 2 x 12" there but only really had one extra tonal option. Maybe a nice option but not an extra $230 nice.
Single 12" bit lighter too, so easy call in the end, should be a fun weekend.
Any YT of you rocking out, for us yet?
Old 26-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #3999
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Finally sitting down at the hairdressers. It’s been much of a year coming - 12th March was the last time. Actually a somewhat emotional event, a lot has changed since then and it’s wonderful to see a familiar face and setting.
Get a nice wash, colour, perm and blow wave did we?
I usually go to the barber.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #4000
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

If I was Richard Simmons, I’d slap you.

I used that term because it says (in two words) on his QR check-in “hair dresser”. So:
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2021, 12:13 PM   #4001
slowsnake
Banned

I had me ears lowered last week, new barber, haven't used before, showed him my licence photo, and said I want it like the photo!

Walked out wet, looked OK, dried to a nice "cocky comb" asked during conversation if he was Croatian?.....no I'm Persian, oh nice place Persia, he said you been to Persia, I said it don't exist now as Persia does it, him angry barber, so me being the smartarse asked if he every visited Philadelphia?......never been to Philadelphia he said, never been to America, I said, no Philadelphia in Persia, he said no Philadelphia in Persia, I said the "city of brotherly love" he said you pay cash or card, I said do you want card or black money?....he said black, I said, no, you never been to Philadelphia and never will!....
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #4002
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Any YT of you rocking out, for us yet?

I'm not one for YT'ing.
I do a bit of home recording (guitar, bass, drums and vocals but not too many people get to hear the result / noise )

Pretty happy with the Boss amp though. LP sounds nice through the clean channel with a bit of delay and reverb. I've not looked into it too deep yet but there is an option to connect a laptop via USB and tap into the full collection of BOSS effects pedals online. I don't normal like crossing the boundaries of music and modern tech too much other than actual recording but I am intrigued.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #4003
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I booked my leave the other day so 3 weeks to go from today until 3 weeks leave with option for 1 more. Something to look forward to

2021 can get ****ed like 2020
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #4004
slowsnake
Banned

Repairing the chrome plastic strip on front of AU Fairmont bonnet, geez I have araldited it twice, so third time lucky, as usual I think I will just sand a bit more of the reinforcement so less spot putty, then crack!.......
But got it 3rd time, coated in chrome Supercheap aerosol paint, in my day they called it "silver frost"....lol, looks OK if ya cars just a shopping trolley.........
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #4005
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Repairing the chrome plastic strip on front of AU Fairmont bonnet, geez I have araldited it twice, so third time lucky, as usual I think I will just sand a bit more of the reinforcement so less spot putty, then crack!.......
But got it 3rd time, coated in chrome Supercheap aerosol paint, in my day they called it "silver frost"....lol, looks OK if ya cars just a shopping trolley.........
I had one of those chrome strips all around my TX5 Ghia. I bought some tape and used that instead so something to consider if the paint doesn't work out
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #4006
Itsme
Experienced Member

First time since lockdown lifted my wife I and was able to catch up with all of our daughters, SIL's and grandkids and have a nice lunch at the Hot Temple in Ballarat; this made my day.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #4007
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I had one of those chrome strips all around my TX5 Ghia. I bought some tape and used that instead so something to consider if the paint doesn't work out
Well I've spent a fair bit of time fixing this plastic chrome strip, and I had it just about perfect, so no crack showing under top coat, I used acrylic spray filler and primer, top coat silver is enamel, so you can paint enamel over acrylic but not acrylic over enamel, unless you use a sealer!

Stupidly I decided to sand the topcoat a bit smoother and wiped it down with "Shellite" I don't use wax remover, only 100% hydrocarbon or Shellie.
Wiped it down after sanding, took the silver enamel straight off, what did I do?........walked away, got in car, went to Dan Murphy's and bought a six pac of Bundy and coke.....

Today's a brand new day, will put a pic of finished product, one good thing though, it may look like metal, but it don't rust
Old 30-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #4008
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Eight hours’ unbroken sleep. Only medication 2x500mg paracetamol.

This is probably a record for the last couple of years. I’d forgotten what it was like to not wake up tired.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #4009
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Eight hours’ unbroken sleep. Only medication 2x500mg paracetamol.

This is probably a record for the last couple of years. I’d forgotten what it was like to not wake up tired.
I'll ave half.......
Old 30-11-2021, 10:57 AM   #4010
slowsnake
Banned

Waking up feeling totally at peace with the world, feels like I am walking on clouds and living in a vacuum!

The calm before the storm!......
Old 30-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #4011
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A nicely written obituary, not pandering to any agendas.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...e-dies/8468524

Vale, to a luminary figure.
7 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #4012
.:4:.
Kicking back

So i was on the phone to my brother today. He has asked for a hand working on his car on friday. So by hand its more a second set of eyes and borrowing my tools. So more or less i spend that time criticising everything he does.
Anyhow, he has a smoker. He's a good cook. Yes smokers take their sweet **** time to cook, but things always end up good.
So the plan is ribs, but a home made glaze. So no recipe, just winging it. So what we know is, wrap an onion in alfoil and smoke it and they go super soft and sweet. So the so far plan is to do that. Then slap that in the blender with some tinned tomatos, worstorshire sauce and chilli.
Aim being to use the sweetness of the onion as opposed to pre made marinades which typically have a fair amount of sugar in them. But by winging it, being able to add stuff if required, it should be a pretty good feed.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 04:43 PM   #4013
Kicking back

The one outlying thing on the smoker. So i dont typically eat chicken as it gives me flatulence, my brother doesnt drink beers because he is gluten intollerant and anyhow.
Beer can chicken.
I have a meat market near by so a fresh non frozen chook is pretty eazy to get.
So rub the outside of the chook in paprika and spices. Get good beer in a can, more booze the better. My choice is bent spoke sprokets, theyre about 8% alcho booze. Drink half the can and shove the can up the dead chooks clacker. Slap that on the smoker and it makes for the best chicken ever.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 05:14 PM   #4014
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

recipe given to me many moons ago by Chinese cook. 1 can coke, drink half top up with Worchester sauce, pour in a bowl add sufficient flour to make a paste and rub that over the carcase of a dead chook, cook, roast, BBQ usual way.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #4015
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonz View Post
recipe given to me many moons ago by chinese cook. 1 can coke, drink half top up with worchester sauce, pour in a bowl add sufficient flour to make a paste and rub that over the carcase of a dead chook, cook, roast, bbq usual way.
yuk.........
Old 01-12-2021, 10:37 AM   #4016
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
The one outlying thing on the smoker. So i dont typically eat chicken as it gives me flatulence, my brother doesnt drink beers because he is gluten intollerant and anyhow.
Beer can chicken.
I have a meat market near by so a fresh non frozen chook is pretty eazy to get.
So rub the outside of the chook in paprika and spices. Get good beer in a can, more booze the better. My choice is bent spoke sprokets, theyre about 8% alcho booze. Drink half the can and shove the can up the dead chooks clacker. Slap that on the smoker and it makes for the best chicken ever.
I've done this a few times in the weber.
My favourite version was not with a beer though, I used a can of Solo.
Cant go too big with the chicken when using the weber though because you want the lid to close properly
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2021, 11:25 AM   #4017
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I've done this a few times in the weber.
My favourite version was not with a beer though, I used a can of Solo.
Cant go too big with the chicken when using the weber though because you want the lid to close properly
You cannot go too big with the chook regardless if you dont want to wait more then a couple hours for it.
But if you have the time, its a good way of doing chicken.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #4018
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
recipe given to me many moons ago by Chinese cook. 1 can coke, drink half top up with Worchester sauce, pour in a bowl add sufficient flour to make a paste and rub that over the carcase of a dead chook, cook, roast, BBQ usual way.
Agree, tried it with a live one, what a ****ing mess....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #4019
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

And on Weibo, there’s an old Chinese fellow still dining out on the story of how he made up a disgusting recipe on the spot for a Kiwi chap in South Australia, and the bloke accepted it as gospel.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:30 PM   #4020
Kicking back

My 1 signature bbq dish. This always goes down well as a side. So, do the snags on the flat plate and leave the sausage grease. Get a tin of baby potatoes but make sure there the cheapest crappiest ones you can get, black and gold are ideal. So that absorbs the greasy flavour goodness. Then its diced bacon and minced garlic. When just about fried, mixed herbs. An absolute killer side for a bbq.
2 users like this post: