Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation MD Mondeo Updating Sync2

Just updated Sync2 it went as expected but reporting it successfully didn't go without fuss, although it was on a 13" imac you need java installed and allowed in the browser (used FFox). The DL was 500MB and DL's straight to the flash drive (FAT32).

with the vehicle running, radio on, plug the flash drive in the console and it's automatic. You get several times throughout the installation the screen go black and several reboots between the updated file segments (9 of), then finally a warning to not remove the usb flash drive till you get a successfully updated warning and 'OK' to press. Did that and job done. Felt like 10mins or less.

the painful bit was reporting the successful update back to Ford. I plugged in the flash drive clicked the link to report but it never picked up the flash drive, ok I'll try Safari....no deal again

okay I'll take it home and try my win10 PC, open FFox again no deal....I try Edge again no deal, FINALLY I try Internet Explorer and it shows the popup but not the flash drive to select, but there's a "refresh disk" button and it sees the flash drive and successfully reports back to Ford.........

I suggest you use IE and have java installed before trying if you give it a go...
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
bungfritz
Starter Motor

Default Re: MD Mondeo Updating Sync2

I had heaps of trouble trying to get the update to download, wouldn't work on 2 of my computer's at home which had an up to date version kf Java on either Firefox or Internet Explorer! It would always download roughly 10 percent of the file into my USB before it would come up with an error.

Lucky the download worked in my new laptop running Windows 10 on Firefox, but the whole process was definitely harder than it should have been.
bungfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Okay so I go to use the Navigation and I notice there's no Satnav feature at all!!!

the Sync2 update has wiped it out, I can't DL the update folder anymore as it's a one time deal. I DL the update checker and it's all good updates fords server but it's Fubar'd.

SD card with satnav doesn't seem to be recognised. The top right Satnav section only gives system information. What a pain in the neck...

you've been warned ;)
Old 09-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got the dealer to do it, no fuss, no cost.
Old 15-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Yesterday my folks MD went to ford to sort out the satnav, was told 40mins is all it'll take.....

4hrs later it's finally fixed. Apparently they said the Mondeo wasn't yet on the Global list to receive the free updates, so with me DL the update satnav wasn't included. They DL and flashed it four times, the last version fixed it.

I tried telling them that on the AU website there's no Mondeo to choose for satnav purchases but no they didn't want to listen. No doubt they kept flashing the same one I did, I even told them the top right section didn't have anything satnav related just 'information' so it was removed completely. So much for listening to owners even if it's fluff.

at least it's sorted...
Old 15-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #6
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
So much for listening to owners even if it's fluff.

at least it's sorted...
'In my opinion' it means it might not be true, which means if I don't say AFAIK then I think it's probably true, which would be silly. Who knows the truth?

For example:

Mondeo's run on lemon juice = quality fluff.

It's easier to say what you think as if it were fact, that way you stand to learn from being wrong.

Excuse the tangent, but 'fluff' is a great word, well used IMHO.

And yes, best to listen first.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: