Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
PIG-351

Default EL XR8 light throttle driveability issue

Hi everyone,

The XR8 is giving me grief once again but this time it is whilst travelling casually at light throttle openings.

It kicks & bucks & kangaroos & bunny hops in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears at light throttle openings & when you open the throttle a bit further it's like something kicks into action & it chirps tyres & takes off.

Being a manual it is even more annoying as it loads & unloads the driveline quite badly.

The throttle body appears to be clean & just in case I gave it a squirt with carby cleaner & I also checked the airflow meter for debris & couldn't find anything that looked like it shouldn't be there.

The car has a new fuel pump & filter already fitted.

I have tried another airflow meter from an ED XR8 Sprint on it & still no difference was made to this light throttle issue. Then I tried the throttle position sensor off the same ED & still no improvement.

Anyone got any other ideas as to what it could be??

Motivation determines what you do . . . .

Attitude determines how well you do it

05/2008 FG mk1 XR6 Turbo auto sedan in Sensation

12/2015 SZ mk2 Territory Titanium RWD diesel in Emperor

07/1996 EF series 2 Futura Olympic Classic manual sedan in Gunmetal grey
PIG-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
PIG-351

Default Re: EL XR8 light throttle driveability issue

Another point I forgot to include was the car smells quite rich at idle when it is up to operating temperature & this issue is only a problem when it is up to temperature.

Motivation determines what you do . . . .

Attitude determines how well you do it

05/2008 FG mk1 XR6 Turbo auto sedan in Sensation

12/2015 SZ mk2 Territory Titanium RWD diesel in Emperor

07/1996 EF series 2 Futura Olympic Classic manual sedan in Gunmetal grey
PIG-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post