Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
LaserLikeFocus

Default Engine Loud, Clutch Working, Car won't go into Gear (2007 CL LS FOCUS)

Think I need a new car.

The problem is the same as stated in this article:

https://www.transmissionrepaircostgu...and-wont-move/

The problem is, my car is the opposite - a FWD manual.

Only noticed engine a little louder yesterday, came home last night, as car bumped (gently) by driveway, notice an audible bang and then the car won't shift....into any gear.

Tried pumping clutch - no avail. No smell, doesn't seem stuck or burnt out.

Car is now noticeable louder on start up (only marginally at idle) then noticeably with increased RPM.

Is it just a loose circlip etc? These cars are very low to the ground on the front end and I don't have a jackstand and blocks or a hoist, so does it need to be towed?

Is it a serious problem or not? No OBD II codes/no engine warning light issues.
LaserLikeFocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
LaserLikeFocus

Default Re: Engine Loud, Clutch Working, Car won't go into Gear (2007 CL LS FOCUS)

I hate crap like this...too many possibilities:

Cylinder issue?
Fastener issue?
Hydraulics issue?
Is the clutch actually worn out and slipping? Why the audible "bang"?
Old 15-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
LaserLikeFocus

Default Re: Engine Loud, Clutch Working, Car won't go into Gear (2007 CL LS FOCUS)

Just did a little test.

Tried to dump the car into reverse at 3000 RPM...

No stall, car actually rolled forward (driveway slopes down) and then revs dropped slowly and I didn't have the patience to see them go back to idle, seemed stuck at over 1400 RPM, idle is 850-1100 RPM IIRC(?).

The clutch is gone, no?
Old 15-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
LaserLikeFocus

Could it still be the selectors?
Old 16-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
LaserLikeFocus

Turns out the inner CV boot has torn itself apart and the driveshaft has separated from the transmission at the inner CV knuckle.

Now I am worried about the stall/burnout test I did.

Gonna get it towed to the shop etc.