Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Default Fairlane Pricing Announced

Ford Australia released pricing details of its new BA Fairlane MkII range at today's Melbourne International Motor Show.

"The freshening of the Fairlane range adds new levels of comfort, luxury and refinement to an award-winning package," Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald said.

"We have incorporated a large range of customer focussed features in the Fairlane MkII range, spearheaded by a range of interior and exterior refinements adding even more luxury to what is an outstanding package.

"Revamped leather seats, new interior trims and classy exterior chrome highlights accentuate the classic lines of our long wheelbase range.

"Similarly, the outstanding driving dynamics associated with Ford Australia's long wheelbase vehicles have been further improved with the inclusion of the award-winning Sports Control Blade IRS across the range."

McDonald emphasised the value package of the MkII range, with the average recommended retail price increase across the range kept to just 0.8 per cent, while the price of the luxurious, range-topping LTD has not moved.

"The combination of exciting locally designed and engineered product and a sharp pricing strategy makes the Ford Fairlane MkII and LTD MkII outstanding value for money," he said.

BA Fairlane MkII recommended retail pricing:*

Fairlane Ghia MkII $56,000
Fairlane G220 MkII $62,670
LTD MkII $72,790

*Pricing excludes dealer delivery and statutory charges
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Luke, how does this compare to the previous prices?

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

03RP:
Fairlane $54,950
Fairlane G220 $62,270
LTD $72,070

I don't have the last listed pricing with me though...
Old 03-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

As of last month Fairlane Ghias were going for $42,000 drive away. $15,000 rebate from Ford.

All I can say is Fairlane sales are going to drop further in the coming months.... Its uglier and more expensive.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
As of last month Fairlane Ghias were going for $42,000 drive away. $15,000 rebate from Ford.

All I can say is Fairlane sales are going to drop further in the coming months.... Its uglier and more expensive.
Well I wouldn't doubt MkII's could be had at that price too.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Thanks for that Luke.

As for the discounting....the Fairlane hardly encapsulates what a "Prestige" car is supposed to be about if it is being slashed like that.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
paul7v7
bring it on

can't say i find them ugly. i'd take a black g220 lowered, nice nice dark grey rims, decent exhaust.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #8
JR.
Once more with feeling

At the price G220's are being offered for if you can find them, it would make you think twice about that XR8 you were looking at.

And with a little bit of work the Fairlane would make the ultimate late model mafia staff car...

Actually, when I think about it, I could have bought a G220 last month for less than I paid on road for my Mk2 XR6T.

Last edited by JR.; 03-03-2005 at 06:05 PM.
JR. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 06:36 PM   #9
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR.
At the price G220's are being offered for if you can find them, it would make you think twice about that XR8 you were looking at.

And with a little bit of work the Fairlane would make the ultimate late model mafia staff car...

Actually, when I think about it, I could have bought a G220 last month for less than I paid on road for my Mk2 XR6T.
Precisely right my good man. The RRP on the G220 isn't even close to a realistic driveaway price! :dj:

I won't even begin on the MK1 G220's prices 2nd hand .. :dr_Evil:
Old 03-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

G220s can be picked up for about $47,000 drive away - late 04 plate with 0 kms.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #11
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

Location: TenderCity™ The Land of Long Hours & Number Crunching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
G220s can be picked up for about $47,000 drive away - late 04 plate with 0 kms.
And that's if you couldn't be bothered trying!
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 08:07 PM   #12
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
As for the discounting....the Fairlane hardly encapsulates what a "Prestige" car is supposed to be about if it is being slashed like that.
Supply and demand... Current problem with Fairlane is there is no incentive to buy one. 100mm more rear leg room, 35L more boot space, fade into insignificance when combined with basically the same appearance inside and out. Given the tight parking around inner cities these days the additional length can be a liability as much as an asset too.

Last edited by outback_ute; 03-03-2005 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a bit
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I'd like to wish the Mk2 Fairlane the best of luck - it will need it.
The going price for a Mk1 would make anyone think twice about an XR8 although they can be had pretty cheap too!

Another ride on the merry-go-round.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres about 8 Grand Bonus on Mk 1 Fairmont Ghias and XR8's so ud be right...
Old 03-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon the LWB BA's suck.. I'd much rather a fairmont ghia. I cannto understand how ford have designed these cars.. it looks way to similar to a falcon. IMO the rear needs a different look, the G200 should come with a boss 260 (G260) or boss 290(G290) or barra 240T (G240T), xr front and a bulge with 18's for that price (you could buy a GT for that!!), fairlaine ghia should come with 17's at least.. and the LTD needs something to differentiate it more for the standard fairlaine.. You can hardly tell the difference. I reckon the last LWB that was considerably better looking than the falcon would have been the NF/NL/DF/DL.
Just my thoughts
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #16
YuGoStaR
Long Member

My uncle is looking around for a G220. If you guys know of any where in Melbourne, that is offering a relatively cheap one as you say, please let me know. He likes the mafia look, haha.
Thanks guys.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:07 AM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

One dealership is advertising Fairlane Ghias new for $36,000 in the Herald Sun.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post