Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fuel Price difference 91-95 octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Alternative facts. Wouldn't get near a stock Falcon since BA.
G'day , agree ...coming home last night in the FG XR6 N/A and a real hilly long stretch around the mountain , climate control, with two of us and a full boot of groceries and plumbing bits to fix the shed guttering on board and I was having to hold the bugger back..If an I30 goes much better than my old Mk1 up there I'd be bloody amazed.. I 30's are pretty darn good but crapping all over a Falcon or Commodore...Doubt it...Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #32
OzriderXR8

Wife's got the Elantra, it's nippy when pushed but no way in hell would it keep up with the XR6.

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #33
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Nothing "modern" about common rail, My Cummins VT903 has a common rail fuel system approx.. 1963.
Plenty of electrically controlled (modern) common rail diesel running up to B95
I love how people make out that "common rail" is some new fangled tech gismo, when they clearly have no clue what it actually means.
If anything, its the opposite.
The "common rail" is a PIPE. In many respects this setup is far simpler than a conventional diesel.
At a very basic level, the only difference is that the injectors have to be remotely controlled.
And yes, I was working on "common rail" systems back in the 80's.
The difference in modern diesels is the precision of the injector, and the engine management systems controlling them.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #34
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I love how people make out that "common rail" is some new fangled tech gismo, when they clearly have no clue what it actually means.
If anything, its the opposite.
The "common rail" is a PIPE. In many respects this setup is far simpler than a conventional diesel.
At a very basic level, the only difference is that the injectors have to be remotely controlled.
And yes, I was working on "common rail" systems back in the 80's.
The difference in modern diesels is the precision of the injector, and the engine management systems controlling them.
Spot on Dazz.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post