Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:59 AM   #1171
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Hi GT, I'm going to buy a dash mat for the 2011 WT Fiesta off fleabay, but the prices are all over the place (very cheap to expensive). Was there a OEM offering and what did it cost please? Just looking for a reasonable product.

Many thanks

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...n%3AWT&_sop=15
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2023, 12:08 PM   #1172
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Hi GT, I'm going to buy a dash mat for the 2011 WT Fiesta off fleabay, but the prices are all over the place (very cheap to expensive). Was there a OEM offering and what did it cost please? Just looking for a reasonable product.

Many thanks

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...n%3AWT&_sop=15
Hey mate,

There was never a genuine dash mat option for WT Fiesta..

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-01-2023, 11:01 AM   #1173
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Is there a particular spec (part number) for the front lower control arm ball joint nut on a Territory, pre-facelift?

As in, the nut for those infamous balljoints.
I’m not going to reuse old nuts on new arms, and it looks like the vendors of surplus stock arms are supplying them without.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2023, 11:12 AM   #1174
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Is there a particular spec (part number) for the front lower control arm ball joint nut on a Territory, pre-facelift?

As in, the nut for those infamous balljoints.
I’m not going to reuse old nuts on new arms, and it looks like the vendors of surplus stock arms are supplying them without.
116 Nm Must be torqued correctly, have seen when they are not torqued correctly the shaft below the thread is broken clean above the taper..
Old 17-01-2023, 11:15 AM   #1175
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Cheers, what part number to buy for new ones?
Old 17-01-2023, 12:01 PM   #1176
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheers, what part number to buy for new ones?
Nut has part number SX805479A..
Old 17-01-2023, 12:22 PM   #1177
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Thanks - if you can supply a pair of these nuts this week, please PM me the cost and I’ll transfer it.
Old 18-01-2023, 03:54 PM   #1178
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

When your nuts are on the line, count on GTLEGEND.
Thanks, as always, for speedy service - good advice - happy prices.
Old 18-01-2023, 04:23 PM   #1179
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When your nuts are on the line, count on GTLEGEND.
Thanks, as always, for speedy service - good advice - happy prices.
Glad and happy to help where I can..
Old 20-01-2023, 10:59 AM   #1180
bluecarford
Starter Motor

Hello GT
Not a big part but I am chasing a screw and the screw cover for the taillight in the boot lid spoiler on my 2014 FGX XR8.
If you have them, I will grab a couple of each, so I have a spare.
Thank you.
bluecarford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2023, 11:47 AM   #1181
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For Frankie86

2021 Escape Keys.png
Old 20-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #1182
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarford View Post
Hello GT
Not a big part but I am chasing a screw and the screw cover for the taillight in the boot lid spoiler on my 2014 FGX XR8.
If you have them, I will grab a couple of each, so I have a spare.
Thank you.
Hi mate,

From what I believe, these are only available as part of the whole light assembly, never sold as a separate part. Unless we can work out if the fastener is used somewhere else on the vehicle, we are unable to get separately.

GT
Old 20-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #1183
bluecarford
Starter Motor

Ok Thanks very much GT for the quick reply.
The few other places I tried haven't rushed back to me and now I understand why. I will have to try and make do with a generic screw - but the cover might be a bit trickier.
Thanks again.
Old 20-01-2023, 03:20 PM   #1184
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarford View Post
Ok Thanks very much GT for the quick reply.
The few other places I tried haven't rushed back to me and now I understand why. I will have to try and make do with a generic screw - but the cover might be a bit trickier.
Thanks again.
Use a bit of clear nail polish on the thread when you refit the screw (as well as the old one still there) and should never come out of it's own accord again. But still easy enough to remove when needed. Cheap version of loctite. Taught to me by my old man who was a RAAF instrument fitter, so pretty sound recommendation.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2023, 06:47 PM   #1185
bluecarford
Starter Motor

Thank you
Old 21-01-2023, 04:16 PM   #1186
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GTLEGEND,
I have a plastic (chrome looking), boot lifter on the AU2 (Year 2000), the part that holds the rear number plate light fitting. Also has the "Ford Badge" in the middle. My apologies for not knowing the proper name of that item.

I would like to get it replaced with the same chrome type, the studs or mounts that hold
the item onto the bootlid has been broken long time ago. Can only do so much with superglue.

Cheers.
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2023, 04:57 PM   #1187
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
GTLEGEND,
I have a plastic (chrome looking), boot lifter on the AU2 (Year 2000), the part that holds the rear number plate light fitting. Also has the "Ford Badge" in the middle. My apologies for not knowing the proper name of that item.

I would like to get it replaced with the same chrome type, the studs or mounts that hold
the item onto the bootlid has been broken long time ago. Can only do so much with superglue.

Cheers.
The chrome boot mould changed 3/2000. Up to 2/2000 they used ERF43504C, from 3/2000 they used AU2F43504E.

Either or they both no longer available, so need to keep any eye out on eBay or the alike.
Old 21-01-2023, 05:15 PM   #1188
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
The chrome boot mould changed 3/2000. Up to 2/2000 they used ERF43504C, from 3/2000 they used AU2F43504E.

Either or they both no longer available, so need to keep any eye out on eBay or the alike.
Ok,
Thanks for that. On the VIN build date said June 2000. I guess mine would be the latter one.
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2023, 12:54 PM   #1189
FPV 460

gday GT, can you please supply part number, availability and cost for the drivers side A/C blend door actuator for a 2011 fg my10. thanks in advance.
FPV 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2023, 02:22 PM   #1190
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV 460 View Post
gday GT, can you please supply part number, availability and cost for the drivers side A/C blend door actuator for a 2011 fg my10. thanks in advance.
Hey FPV460,

If I am thinking of the same part you are, it should be BA19E694A. If you can confirm thats what you are after, they are available, $400 plus postage.

GT
Old 23-01-2023, 05:11 PM   #1191
FPV 460

thanks for that info. a bit pricey for me so i will try to source a second hand one. cheers.
FPV 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2023, 05:35 PM   #1192
FroudeyBrand

Question? Did Ford change wheel arch liners fronts from BA to BF just did a wreckers run and I swear left and right both off BAs I assumed but they screw up to the lower number different just curious if part numbers are same or different
FroudeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2023, 02:44 PM   #1193
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroudeyBrand View Post
Question? Did Ford change wheel arch liners fronts from BA to BF just did a wreckers run and I swear left and right both off BAs I assumed but they screw up to the lower number different just curious if part numbers are same or different
Same part number for both front wheel arch trims on BA/BF.. should be no difference.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:35 PM   #1194
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Hi GT.

Trying to get hold of some Territory rear brake pads. My local dealer told me they don't have them anymore. This can't be true right?

Also I was trying to get hold of some upper control arm bushes for FG G6ET, but apparently only come in an expensive kit. I'm assuming by kit they mean the bushes only come with new control arms as well? And the bushes can't be purchased on their own?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2023, 03:03 PM   #1195
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Hi GT.

Trying to get hold of some Territory rear brake pads. My local dealer told me they don't have them anymore. This can't be true right?

Also I was trying to get hold of some upper control arm bushes for FG G6ET, but apparently only come in an expensive kit. I'm assuming by kit they mean the bushes only come with new control arms as well? And the bushes can't be purchased on their own?
Hey Bossxr8,

You need to find another dealer. Rear pads for a Territory are all the same from SX through to SZ2 and are still readily available. There are two choices of either genuine OE style or the Motorcraft pad option as well.

As for the upper control arm bushes, correct not available as stand alone bushes, only as complete arm assembly which is arm/ball joint/bushes/brackets.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:25 PM   #1196
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Hey Bossxr8,

You need to find another dealer. Rear pads for a Territory are all the same from SX through to SZ2 and are still readily available. There are two choices of either genuine OE style or the Motorcraft pad option as well.

As for the upper control arm bushes, correct not available as stand alone bushes, only as complete arm assembly which is arm/ball joint/bushes/brackets.
I knew he was full of crap. One of these useless parts guys who can't do anything without a rego number or vin. i wanted to talk to the other guy there who is an absolute guru and knows exactly what you want and how to get it. Should have just waited to talk to him.

How much can you do a set of those pads for? Next closest dealer is 45 mins away so not worth the drive.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:27 PM   #1197
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I knew he was full of crap. One of these useless parts guys who can't do anything without a rego number or vin. i wanted to talk to the other guy there who is an absolute guru and knows exactly what you want and how to get it. Should have just waited to talk to him.

How much can you do a set of those pads for? Next closest dealer is 45 mins away so not worth the drive.
So the OE ones are $290 plus postage (around $14 I think).

The Motorcraft ones $60 plus postage as above.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #1198
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
So the OE ones are $290 plus postage (around $14 I think).

The Motorcraft ones $60 plus postage as above.
Huge price difference. They are most likely the same part?
Old 03-02-2023, 12:40 PM   #1199
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Huge price difference. They are most likely the same part?
Definitely not the same part..
Old 04-02-2023, 10:18 AM   #1200
KRISL

Quote:
Definitely not the same part..
Wow at that price difference, I thought Motorcraft was a ford part supplier, and as good quality?

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post