Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
obione980

Default Windscreen reflections

I have just taken delivery of an MA TDCI (new) - beautiful car to drive - BUT - there are significant windscreen reflections (of the demister outlets etc)!!

What's wrong. Do I need to clean my screen? Have I got to live with it? What can I do??

It's not life-threatening, but it's annoying. Understand I'm an old fart! 69 years old - and I've not suffered this kind of problem since I bought my 1960 VW (new) way back then!

obione980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Valid8
COOGES

Might be time for a dash mat.
Valid8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yeah the reflection off the windscreen demister outlet can be bad at times, but you do get used to it.

Another thing some people have done to help with the problem is to buy a dash matt.

Also if you use a dashboard cleaner / dressing such as Armoural that won't help. Armoural is very glossy and contains silicones that will harm the plastic and create excessive glare.

A dashboard product like vinylex or Aerospace 303 will protect the plastic and leave a more satin factory look finish. It won't cure your problem, but it won't add to the reflection problem like armoural.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
warren77

I am not old and the reflections annoy me!
The dashmatt definitely helps.
Since it has been on my car for over 18 months now, I am yet to armor all my dash. Still looks brand new.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

Had my Mondy for about a month before I got a dash mat, it hasn't been off since. I still see the reflection of the centre vent every now and then but wear some polarised sunglasses and it's hardly noticable.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Marlboro2728

I bought a LV Focus TDCi, same problem. It seems to be the angled part at the end of the demister vent as the middle section doesn't seem to reflect as much IMO :
Marlboro2728 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
RicOz

It annoyed me for the first couple of days but I'm used to it now. Doesn't bother me anymore.
Old 14-11-2009, 05:08 AM   #8
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with RicOz. Saw it for the first time and thought how bad it was. But never noticed it again after the first couple of weeks.

I don't know if there's a fix. Can't see how a dash mat will help as it shouldn't cover the demister outlet. Maybe some thin, coarse weave black cloth over the grill might do it?
Old 14-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Group,

Me too. Noticed it immediately after delivery, especially when the sun was ahead of the car. It is a bit distracting, but I'm learning to live with it. The Territory top bin lid surround is very similar. If it gets to be a probem I'll see how easy it is to remove the grill and apply some matt balck paint - if her indoors will let me :-)

I'm also having trouble with the circular chrome trims in the outboard vents which reflect off the window glass where you look through for the exterior rear view mirrors. That one is much more distracting given you are looking for cars in blind spots.

Her indoors agrees and has also noted the rear parcel shelf vents reflect too, but this is probably a sedan issue only.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post